Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CR Tripple Hostiles and then talks Smack

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    thanks for the location hit the button f****** fake rage
    Hey we might be much, but we are NOT rage, fake or real.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Are you Pew Pew?
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I also would;t be surprised that you abused umunk to get our intel as your provinces literally no defense. Makes no sense how you attack and leave 3k def home and train that way for OOP unless you are looking at intel and know exactly how much to train to break our dspec ratio.
    FWIW, 2 ages ago when we whored clean out of the gate, I did not train a single dspec until the middle of YR1.

You can send 4 hits out for max gains. You can't be hit 4x for max gains.

Offense is king OOP.

Defense only works if nobody has the balls to hit you

Forum Addict
    Proteus could care less about the subject matter of this thread, he just wanted an excuse to "accidentally" reveal certain locations, even got away with it for a half hour or so ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Are you Pew Pew?
    no, only Pew

Pew-Em-S
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Um binar start of last age you guys hit into the u while we were hostile. And you didn't care. Not sure you have a right to complain when CD does it to you. You set the stage that oop hostile doesn't count.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Post Demon
    ---

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I am too lazy to format all that. Someone summarize this for me with time stamps please.
    Feb 1: kd2 hits them to hostile status (10 hits) and makes 3 additional randoms for gains outside.
    Feb 1: kd1 hits them 6x
    Feb 2: kd1 randoms 3x outside the 'hostile' and hits once
    Feb 2: kd2 hits once and randoms once. I'm too lazy to track them past this point, as it's about the end of their hits on emeriti.
    Feb 2: CR begins wave.
    Feb 3: CR finishes wave.
    Feb 4: kd1 hits out once.
    Feb 4: kd1 hits to hostile, and hits out once.
    Feb 5: kd1 hits out once then CFs.
    Feb 6: kd2 CFs.

Kd1 total: 14 hits, 8 on Emeriti.
    Kd2 total: 21 hits, 14 on Emeriti, 4 on the other 0 off kd, 3 random.
    'Raffes: 33 hits, 32 on Emeriti.

Here's a huge fundamental problem with this whole claim -- it relies entirely on ingame hostile status, and not on anything else.

And yet.... they claim it's a 'tripple' hostile, when they weren't in two ingame hostiles when CR waved, which means the definition they're applying is super inconsistent.

To be frank -- it's oop. It's not unusual for kds to get hit if they have bad provs -- even hit a lot potentially to 'hostile'. If you run 25 provs with no off, I don't know what you expect. To be frank, the answer Proteus gives to this question makes it clear to me:
    [2016-08-10T21:40:47-0400] <zapanap_> if a ghetto explored to #1 land with 0 offense in yr8, and had no deals, everyone would hit them
    [2016-08-10T21:40:51-0400] <zapanap_> and give no ****s that other kds had hit them
    [2016-08-10T21:40:54-0400] <Proteus-> we arnet a ghetto
    What's the problem? That it's unfair? No. It's that they aren't a ghetto, so it's not an applicable comparison. Yes, later he says it's unfair / he wouldn't do it, but again, frank reality? They would. See: CP's post above.

They've yet to come up with a response to the basic questions -- if I give 5 kds on my island hostile with hits, does that mean they're all offlimits to hit? If I setup hostile with a kd oop and have them hit me 1x/day, does that mean I'm offlimits to be hit? The frank answer to both of these questions is no, which means that they are wrong that the ingame hostile/nonhostile status is the indicator that matters. The risk/reward is off, and again -- things are different in different situations. There is no one size fits all answer to what is or is not hostile.
    Last edited by Zauper; 11-08-2016 at 03:56.

Enthusiast
    still fake .. where is ryan these days

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    still fake .. where is ryan these days
    Claiming to have a RL and being to busy to play :S
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Regular
    yummy target with bunch of gold :D

I like to post
    Current #1 kd did kinda exactly the same as we did. Worked out well for them
    Its worked because there is few good kds left in game and none is close and ready for hit them. Still way your kd played oop is really bad and well know basic mistake.
    Let me explain how game work for ALL KDS IN SERVER not just some "fake top kd". OOP start and all attackers look for targets. If you can hit some and he cant hit back its good target and you process. Your kd run setup where you have 25 provs with no ability to retal back. Its only natural to get hits from all KDs on island first hour and continue it. This is not HOSTILE its FARMING n00bs. Its what happen every age from decades.

To sum it: If you play like farm rest will farm you. If you play like TOP kd rest wont hit you.
    You can QQ me for your next age theme :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Feb 1: kd2 hits them to hostile status (10 hits) and makes 3 additional randoms for gains outside.
    Feb 1: kd1 hits them 6x
    Feb 2: kd1 randoms 3x outside the 'hostile' and hits once
    Feb 2: kd2 hits once and randoms once. I'm too lazy to track them past this point, as it's about the end of their hits on emeriti.
    Feb 2: CR begins wave.
    Feb 3: CR finishes wave.
    Feb 4: kd1 hits out once.
    Feb 4: kd1 hits to hostile, and hits out once.
    Feb 5: kd1 hits out once then CFs.
    Feb 6: kd2 CFs.

Kd1 total: 14 hits, 8 on Emeriti.
    Kd2 total: 21 hits, 14 on Emeriti, 4 on the other 0 off kd, 3 random.
    'Raffes: 33 hits, 32 on Emeriti.

Here's a huge fundamental problem with this whole claim -- it relies entirely on ingame hostile status, and not on anything else.

And yet.... they claim it's a 'tripple' hostile, when they weren't in two ingame hostiles when CR waved, which means the definition they're applying is super inconsistent.

To be frank -- it's oop. It's not unusual for kds to get hit if they have bad provs -- even hit a lot potentially to 'hostile'. If you run 25 provs with no off, I don't know what you expect. To be frank, the answer Proteus gives to this question makes it clear to me:
    What's the problem? That it's unfair? No. It's that they aren't a ghetto, so it's not an applicable comparison. Yes, later he says it's unfair / he wouldn't do it, but again, frank reality? They would.

They've yet to come up with a response to the basic questions -- if I give 5 kds on my island hostile with hits, does that mean they're all offlimits to hit? If I setup hostile with a kd oop and have them hit me 1x/day, does that mean I'm offlimits to be hit? The frank answer to both of these questions is no, which means that they are wrong that the ingame hostile/nonhostile status is the indicator that matters. The risk/reward is off, and again -- things are different in different situations. There is no one size fits all answer to what is or is not hostile.

And I contacted you before you waved me informing you that we were in a double hostile. you choose to be a D*ck and try to force a EoACF instead cause you were butthurt that flogger raped you with this strat last age and we laughed at Goldy for it. Maybe we had it comming because of that
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Frankly, both of those questions are the things most convincing to me that we're not in the wrong here, and I can't come up with a viable devil's advocate argument that you're wrong on either of those.

I'm pretty sure we had open hostiles with ghettos last age when pyro waved us. I guess we should have complained instead of just accepting that we got caught pants down.

And frankly, I think I've seen people on both sides of this argument (In emeriti, and in CR) argue before from both sides of the debate on whether hostile is purely a literal definition or whether there is more meaning to it beyond meter and what that meaning is.

Post Demon
    And I contacted you before you waved me informing you that we were in a double hostile. you choose to be a D*ck and try to force a EoACF instead cause you were butthurt that flogger raped you with this strat last age and we laughed at Goldy for it. Maybe we had it comming because of that
    I mean, I do think that was a big part of why you got waved. Last age the people that did the strat were too far away from people who had the will to do anything about it for anybody to do anything about it. That kind of sucks. I think if you were to be objective, you'd agree that the strategy shouldn't work in practice, because it is so easily punished by those around you. I would say that the cases that it does work are the exception and not the norm and the result of good fortune.

Thread Information