Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123

Thread: abducts are fine

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    432

    abducts are fine

    Pretty much no body did learns oop when learns and books were a thing. the gains oop were so low youd pay more for troop loss than for the measly gains.

    now every one is complaining that they cant get a bunch of scientists oop with abducts... ok. Sci got nerfed, its less powerful and waaaay harder to get scientists than it ever was to get books. getting science naturally is a painfully slow process, of course the gains on abducts need to be low. Being able to easily take all of a resource that will take all age to naturally fill would be crazy.

    just wait until people are warring fully pumped on high acres and attackers are getting dropped to land def. Mid age an attacker should have like 60 scientists or so, if he goes land def and abducts arent weak compared to learns he could easily lose half an age of sci.

    chill ppls. no one is entitled to a whole days worth of sci gains from a single in range abduct right oop.
    All hail Bart of Farta

  2. #2
    Postaholic CannaWhoopazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    'Merica!
    Posts
    996
    Well, nobody did learns OOP before because we were all so small. science at that size, while good for a day or two, is quickly outgrown. Now, science is good no matter your size. That being said, I'm OK with the measly gains at under 20, but honestly starting at 20 sci's I'd think that abductions should take 1 scientist so long as in range, not in Fort, and not hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

    | Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19
    It's hugely speculative to say 'abducts are fine' until we know more about the gains.

    It seems hitting people with scientist numbers in the low 20s is still getting 0 abducted, so presumably gains are under 5%. That's fair enough... not what I might have expected, but opinions will vary. If we're still getting 0 gains when hitting people with 50+ scientists though... would you say that was fine? How about 40? 30?

    I hit someone yesterday for about 20% of their land (on 2 hits), I presumably could have got 50%+ of their gc/runes/food etc from plunders. No way I was going to abduct though!

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    Pretty much no body did learns oop when learns and books were a thing. the gains oop were so low youd pay more for troop loss than for the measly gains.

    now every one is complaining that they cant get a bunch of scientists oop with abducts... ok. Sci got nerfed, its less powerful and waaaay harder to get scientists than it ever was to get books. getting science naturally is a painfully slow process, of course the gains on abducts need to be low. Being able to easily take all of a resource that will take all age to naturally fill would be crazy.

    just wait until people are warring fully pumped on high acres and attackers are getting dropped to land def. Mid age an attacker should have like 60 scientists or so, if he goes land def and abducts arent weak compared to learns he could easily lose half an age of sci.

    chill ppls. no one is entitled to a whole days worth of sci gains from a single in range abduct right oop.
    It is not about "canīt get a bunch of scyentists" its about ALWAYS 0 ZERO NOTHING NONE ZIT NADA scientists. learn gave low results in early age? Well, LOW IS MORE THAN NOTHING!

    Abduct is not fine as it is a full attack where you lose troops, lose the oportunity on doing other kind of attack AND GET ZERO GAINS ON SCIENTISTS while it was supposed to give something.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by gpimento View Post
    It is not about "canīt get a bunch of scyentists" its about ALWAYS 0 ZERO NOTHING NONE ZIT NADA scientists. learn gave low results in early age? Well, LOW IS MORE THAN NOTHING!

    Abduct is not fine as it is a full attack where you lose troops, lose the oportunity on doing other kind of attack AND GET ZERO GAINS ON SCIENTISTS while it was supposed to give something.
    Where does it say in age changes that abduct early age was supposed to give something?

    The formula hasn't been released. Maybe that is something people should push for, rather than griping that the gains arent what they expected, and surprised that maybe there is a combination of both low gains and end gain being rounded down.

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Where does it say in age changes that abduct early age was supposed to give something?

    The formula hasn't been released. Maybe that is something people should push for, rather than griping that the gains arent what they expected, and surprised that maybe there is a combination of both low gains and end gain being rounded down.
    The text on the changes says it: "Learns attacks are now replaced with Abduct attacks, which capture a number of random Scientists from your opponent. These scientists are captured intact with their experience, allocated science and name."
    Always 0 is not "capture a number of random scientists", always 0 is a fixed number that makes abduct a useless attack, and so abducts are NOT fine.
    Stop being a brown-noser, posts like yours makes the game go on a downhill that is only making it lose the very few players that remain here.

  7. #7
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    290
    I'm guessing they halved the effect of learn/abduct, so 4% with a bit of randomsauce, plus rounddown which really makes it interesting. If that is correct, then you will need to hit someone with 25+ scientists to get 1 (or 50+ scientists for a sage, which makes sage a lot better than expected defensively).

  8. #8
    Game Support Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,081
    I expect to see things get more exciting next week as by then people will have enough scientists to abduct. Also scientists will spawn in inactive provs unlike old sci so that could make things interesting for small provs, especially when you consider sci stays valid when you grow.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    45
    It makes complete sense now that there is gains of 0 on abducts, sci has become a thing of a lot bigger whole numbers that cant be broke down, while in previous ages you might have got 300 books for a learn attack oop, them 300 books are a lot closer to 0 scientists than 1 scientists in the grand scheme of things.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    19
    Not that I care (I discovered ******** and found my new Utopia), but to follow up on a game I used to be really passionate about...

    I think if you leave the science mechanics the same, but perhaps double the number of scientists and halve their effectiveness (i.e. 36-40 in the beginning, 240 by End of Age), it would still allow for some kind of a gain in the beginning. To have this new form of attack in the game give you nothing in return is incredibly disappointing.

    Anyway, just a thought if you don't intend to mess with the mechanics. Water down the effectiveness a bit by doubling (or even tripling) their numbers. Managing 360 scientists shouldn't be too hard for all you hard core Utopia players.

    Well, back to my fight for being the biggest worm ever. Ciao.
    Last edited by Palem; 13-08-2016 at 16:53.

  11. #11
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West of Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I expect to see things get more exciting next week as by then people will have enough scientists to abduct. Also scientists will spawn in inactive provs unlike old sci so that could make things interesting for small provs, especially when you consider sci stays valid when you grow.
    Do you mean Monday ish. Like 1 day from now. Or Monday like 1 week and 1 day from now.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

  12. #12
    Game Support Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,081
    There could be people with enough scientists to abduct right now, but statistically it looks like it will be a couple more days before we see a return from abducting.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

  13. #13
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    54
    Day six, abducts against same NW still giving 0 scientists...

    Abducts still not fine.
    And since the rate provinces are getting new scientists are rather negligible, probably it will get 1 or 2 scientist only at the end of the age.

    Please Bishop increase the chance of getting new scientists... even if for ballance you reduce the science each one produces.

  14. #14
    Game Support Bishop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,081
    Why are you trying to take scientists from provs with low numbers?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

  15. #15
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,627
    Because no ones probably even looking at number of scientist they have but net worth only

    Monsters

    Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

    #MONSTERS





Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •