Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: abducts are fine

Postaholic
    We are monitoring. 26 sci. +/- 5 percent nw and good kd nw. Still 0. From the assumptions Bishop has dropped, we think target needs 30-33 for abduct to grab 1.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    We are monitoring. 26 sci. +/- 5 percent nw and good kd nw. Still 0. From the assumptions Bishop has dropped, we think target needs 30-33 for abduct to grab 1.
    30-33? On those 6 days I got ONE new scientist... following that it will take like 60 days to reach 30... plus the war and fortified days... One age of 14 weeks has 98 days...
    So unless everyone else is way luckyer than me we will have 2/3 of the age with abducts being worthless and the sciences being too small and crappy the whole age.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by gpimento View Post
    30-33? On those 6 days I got ONE new scientist... following that it will take like 60 days to reach 30... plus the war and fortified days... One age of 14 weeks has 98 days...
    So unless everyone else is way luckyer than me we will have 2/3 of the age with abducts being worthless and the sciences being too small and crappy the whole age.

So many of these damn threads. In 1 bishop stated that he expects to see 5-6 scientists arrive a week. Start with 18, +5. +6 (call it a good week) and that's roughly 29, maybe 30.

He also stated that anytime soon, expect orcs to start getting abducts.

So I look forward to a week from today to test things out and see.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Enthusiast
    I should have specified that abducts taking no sci at oop is fine. Obviously we dont know all the abduct mechanics yet. Like if doing a full abduct wave before you wd in a mid/late age war is really as damaging as it seems it would be...
    All hail Bart of Farta

Scribe
    yay fighting for science in war was definitely on my wishlist of things to do...wait, makes it near to impossible for TMs to keep up with science of attackers...oh well who needs TMs anyway right? nevermind me I am just singing my little song playing my game.

I do agree that this early in the game the gains on abducts are totally fine as compared to learns in previous ones. People should just stop expecting to have everything in the first week of an age. If you were able to max all stats this early what would you do the rest of the age? Whine for the age to end?
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 15-08-2016 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    yay fighting for science in war was definitely on my wishlist of things to do...wait, makes it near to impossible for TMs to keep up with science of attackers...oh well who needs TMs anyway right? nevermind me I am just singing my little song playing my game.

I do agree that this early in the game the gains on abducts are totally fine as compared to learns in previous ones. People should just stop expecting to have everything in the first week of an age. If you were able to max all stats this early what would you do the rest of the age? Whine for the age to end?
    Oh yea, cause T/M gets totally obselete cause they dont get as much sci as attackers...

I think making abducts difficult is reasonable, especially early.

February 1 of YR0 Forces from An unknown province from XXXX (X:XX) came through and ravaged our lands! They abducted eight scientists: Graduate Thirja (Crime), Graduate Nimenar (Housing), Graduate Trarglaf (Channeling), Graduate Mandroing (Housing), Graduate Orahcomebar (Alchemy), Graduate Altabeleg (Military), Graduate Ceol'rich (Tools) and Graduate Thrythhildi (Housing)! We lost 14 Zombies in this battle. We reawakened 7 of our dead troops into soldiers.

why i lost 8 scientists right after oop? is this a bug?

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Royz View Post
    February 1 of YR0 Forces from An unknown province from XXXX (X:XX) came through and ravaged our lands! They abducted eight scientists: Graduate Thirja (Crime), Graduate Nimenar (Housing), Graduate Trarglaf (Channeling), Graduate Mandroing (Housing), Graduate Orahcomebar (Alchemy), Graduate Altabeleg (Military), Graduate Ceol'rich (Tools) and Graduate Thrythhildi (Housing)! We lost 14 Zombies in this battle. We reawakened 7 of our dead troops into soldiers.

yes it was. it was fixed and you should have gotten most that was lost back already

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Royz View Post

How did you have graduates OOP?

ZERO? Totally wasted attack! If broken, the minimum should be one. SFS!
    I gave you f.magic in there!......Magic? You just p$$d on a gypsy in the middle of f.nowhere.

Post Fiend
    I would have thought I'd get 1 scientist from a province 95% my NW and with a couple more scientists than I have. I'm not expecting lots early in the age, he has 20 compared to at the end of the age when he'll have somewhere around 4-6 times that.... but still disappointing to get 0 when hitting normal to normal, similar kd NW and similar prov NW.

Can there not be a minimum of 1 for a successful break? Otherwise, it's not really a 'successful' attack...

Forum Fanatic
    again as its been said. right now it has 0 to do with net or kd size.its do to no one having hardly any scientist to steal yet

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    Why are you trying to take scientists from provs with low numbers?
    Because everyone has low numbers...
    In fact this is the whole problem, low scientists for everyone.

Scribe
    while it may be annoying not to get one scientist for an abduct now, it'll be nice not to lose more than 5% later on when you have let's say 100 scientists. Especially since we don't know how or if universities work.
    Since abduct is now the only reliable way to gain or regain scientists it will become one big cluster....well a mess

Thread Information