Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia blunders

Scribe

Utopia blunders

Figured maybe we can take the edge of a bit for newer players reading the forums and tell stories about oopses and blunders.
    Some may learn what not to do, others may feel better someone else has done the same thing in the past.
    (please keep this one thread light and fun)

for example the 3am attack where I checked my total offense, calculated 4 attacks. the plan was 1 ambush and 3 trad marches. Sent my ambush first...forgot to edit generals and sent all 4, leaving me with most of my offense sitting home for 9 or so hours in war.

Postaholic
    Sending leets to kill dragon instead of def specs. Made attacker useless the rest of the war without any offense.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Sending leets to kill dragon instead of def specs. Made attacker useless the rest of the war without any offense.
    I remember that happening to a enemy kd we warred once, he sent out was it around 30k(not exactly sure on the amount but it was around there) elites instead of specs. lol.

Scribe
    we had one that read the guide and made the decision to raze all guilds and towers cause "they are useless to an attacker"

Released 30k elites instead of the 30k soldiers I had into pezzies at EOWCF....never walk and play from phone while trying to go into full econ after war :-p
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Postaholic
    I remember my first time being chained. I had no idea what to do so my monarch calculated the number of troops I needed to release in order to attack.
    I promptly released my troops to soldiers, then release those soldiers to peasants. Told him I still couldn't attack and that maybe he did the calculation wrong....Then he asked who I sent my soldiers to and it dawned on me what I had done.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I remember my first time being chained. I had no idea what to do so my monarch calculated the number of troops I needed to release in order to attack.
    I promptly released my troops to soldiers, then release those soldiers to peasants. Told him I still couldn't attack and that maybe he did the calculation wrong....Then he asked who I sent my soldiers to and it dawned on me what I had done.
    That is classic. I think every chained prov goes through that at first. :)

As a fae on all elites in some round long past, I accidentally sent every last elite on an attack. I was a huge fae, landfat, had zero defense and somehow didn't get hit (probably because fae).

Always a fan of the oops forgot to change attack type and end up sending an little army that was supposed to ambush out to slaughter on a traditional march.

Start a new age playing something other than un dead and can't figure out why your army keeps fading....then after a day of puzzlement you remember you need food this age.

Edit....who didn't make their first build a rainbow strat.
    "Very funny, they don't have boats any more!"

i made a double bounce
    i got a som
    and it was like 621 def
    i saw 123 (that was his acres)
    so i sent 500 MO both times

Had a fae that asked how he could help kill a dragon. I told him to send sols to our halfer so halfer can slay. He says ok how many. I calc and say yeah like 2k should finish. Said fae releases leets to sols. And sends sols to halfer...

My first Monarch was Tarna, I was Undead Warrior. It was the first age of Undead. Nobody wanted to play them. You could not train Ghouls only get through attacks [the forums lit up about this and the plague too]. My army was out 24/7. Queen Tarna had me name my Prov Rainbow. We were Thunder Road. During war I sent my Ghouls with my Skels instead of WarHorse. I did not fail that attack. 3 ages with Tarna and Fang.

Next I played for Kalera, she made a great raw recruit into a superior digital killer. We used MSN back in the day. I logged in during war and apparently had copied my return time wrong. We got gold and other goodies for NOT logging. Kalera was on, asking Where ya been Hon? [Hon omg] That Dwarf isn't going to kill himself!

Three of the finest Monarchs ever. They may have equals but none better. I was spoiled with those 3 my first ages in Utopia. I may cry.
    Last edited by 0papa; 14-08-2016 at 06:30.
    Have Fun & Prosper

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by 0papa View Post
    My first Monarch was Tarna, I was Undead Warrior. It was the first age of Undead. Nobody wanted to play them. You could not train Ghouls only get through attacks [the forums lit up about this and the plague too]. My army was out 24/7. Queen Tarna had me name my Prov Rainbow. We were Thunder Road. During war I sent my Ghouls with my Skels instead of WarHorse. I did not fail that attack. 3 ages with Tarna and Fang.

Next I played for Kalera, she made a great raw recruit into a superior digital killer. We used MSN back in the day. I logged in during war and apparently had copied my return time wrong. We got gold and other goodies for NOT logging. Kalera was on, asking Where ya been Hon? [Hon omg] That Dwarf isn't going to kill himself!

Three of the finest Monarchs ever. They may have equals but none better. I was spoiled with those 3 my first ages in Utopia. I may cry.
    :)
    I like this.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_1 View Post
    Always a fan of the oops forgot to change attack type and end up sending an little army that was supposed to ambush out to slaughter on a traditional march.
    I wonder if this age that might happen more, quite easy to accidentally misread abduct/ambush if you're rushing :P

I like to post
    Just had my first few ticks of starving of the age :D

Get woken up at 3a to donate to a dragon. I donate and the emerald is sent.

Then they tell me to donate to a sapphire. I donte and it is sent.

(I still had enough gold for two more, but lol).
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information