Thread: Aggressive Stance

Post Fiend

Aggressive Stance

So when we went aggressive, it popped us into the stance for 96 hours (I'm not sure how the new rules work). However, the kingdom we waved hit back and wanted war, but when things went sour for them, they backed out quickly with button but won't press and war (almost 48 hours now) trading shots nonstop. They continue to hit, but now want CF... the only option for my kingdom is to hit away until the fort option is available due to depleted resources and military. I actually feel sorry for them, but if we CF and leave, we are undertrained as if leaving war straight... What are other options that the DEV can help with to keep from destroying kingdoms. I hate ruining the experience of the game for others, but at the same time, we cannot just accept CF for the vultures will circle. All suggestions and comments welcomed

Post Fiend
    Either you risk getting waved or you mercilessly pursue the other kingdom and hope others don't wave you anyway. Can create enemies and give them a grudge that could come back to bite you later. Getting waved sucks but most of the time it's not actually that bad if you're not a growth kingdom. A bit of quick diplo and you can usually walk away down a few acres/troops. Then you turn around and do it to someone yourself. Lose too much and you're stuck waiting for a fort period and a new chance to pursue war.

When we exited fort to normal we waved 4 kingdoms 92-105% our land/nw and got waved by 2 kingdoms ~15% bigger than us. Also turned down 5 war offers via in-game message from Kingdoms 15-25% larger than us and received no replies or declines from 3(4?) kingdoms within +/- ~7% of our land/nw, despite pm for war in names.

Next time we'll look more aggressively for 105-110% sized kingdoms I suppose. This past out-of-fort-stance period I think most of them were in fort or conflict. We were also at kind of a sweet spot where there just weren't many kds right at or slightly above our networth.

Didn't have as much trouble getting wars in the past couple of ages. Bad luck I guess. Would have been nice to have that EoWCF+Fort build up.
    Last edited by Azureflames; 19-08-2016 at 01:43.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureflames View Post
    Either you risk getting waved or you mercilessly pursue the other kingdom and hope others don't wave you anyway. Can create enemies and give them a grudge that could come back to bite you later. Getting waved sucks but most of the time it's not actually that bad if you're not a growth kingdom. A bit of quick diplo and you can usually walk away down a few acres/troops. Then you turn around and do it to someone yourself. Lose too much and you're stuck waiting for a fort period and a new chance to pursue war.

When we exited fort to normal we waved 4 kingdoms 92-105% our land/nw and got waved by 2 kingdoms ~15% bigger than us. Also turned down 5 war offers via in-game message from Kingdoms 15-25% larger than us and received no replies or declines from 3(4?) kingdoms within +/- ~7% of our land/nw, despite pm for war in names.

Next time we'll look more aggressively for 105-110% sized kingdoms I suppose. This past out-of-fort-stance period I think most of them were in fort or conflict. We were also at kind of a sweet spot where there just weren't many kds right at or slightly above our networth.

Didn't have as much trouble getting wars in the past couple of ages. Bad luck I guess. Would have been nice to have that EoWCF+Fort build up.
    Good points you made there... the 4 kingdoms above us were already hostile and the only one available was the kingdom right below us that was about 100K NW less... not much...

You could retrain while in Agg stance too, just so ya know. Try to get away from only repumping while in Fort, since there's such a long cool down with it. I know it's risky, and you could get jumped, but going Fort every time you need to train will be impossible with the 96h cool down on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Sure about war?

Are you sure they wanted war? Seems silly for a kingdom to act like a punching bag unless they never intended war.

Regardless, building up can be done in normal or aggressive you just cant go as quickly as fort. Keep some gs and forts sround to buff def while building outside fort and you should be fine.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by davejboehm View Post
    Are you sure they wanted war? Seems silly for a kingdom to act like a punching bag unless they never intended war.

Regardless, building up can be done in normal or aggressive you just cant go as quickly as fort. Keep some gs and forts sround to buff def while building outside fort and you should be fine.
    Punching bags don't nearly max the bar for three days straight! On top of that, the first wave was not for land and they could have gotten off with the minimal land lost by sending CF. Instead they CF, took it away before we could even see it, then waved for land just enough to keep button ignoring our request for their proposal to end the hostile prior to their wave. What would that mean if you were us? We took it as them wanting to engage and waved back... Probably not the smartest move on their part if they didn't want war to begin with...

Post Fiend
    Just keep hitting them, either they'll hit max meter and it will install war, or they'll stop hitting, or they'll try and play the meter- limiting their attacks so they don't max in which case you still come out on top with hits and get to claim being in hostile. Which the respectable kds will respect.
    Age 65: Honor crown with ED and #1 honor DW.
    Age 71: Honor/Land/NW Crown with Barcaloo

Thread Information