Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faery Heretic how to play

Faery Heretic how to play

Here is to read how to play faery heretic, the pourpose of this combo, benefits and play styles in and out of war.

Post Demon
    well thought out article, I learned a lot

Here is for people (182/535) who play this combo to share why they love faery heretic.

Veteran
    ...are you planning sharing? I think at Faeries Anonymous it's customary to offer a story to receive a story
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Needs to get out more
    I hope for civilizations sake you get better responses than this, tehawk.

I'm glad you're participating in the forum and also hope you can enjoy a good read here.

You may've given me a quest. Perhaps after war I can switch to faery heretic and try to finagle some utility out of it. I spend most ages experimenting. It'd be cool if I could be a difference maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Faery/Heretic can be fun but the requirements to wizard pump can be too much.

Are we talking about f/h pure t/m or a/t/m?

Forum Fanatic
    there are no t/ms in the age of insane offenses. the places where you can t/m, you'd be much better off with mystic or rogue anyway. mage with offensive capabilities is definitely doable, but massacre hurts.

I ate 3 massacres pre war - at 2-2.5 rwpa they didn't hurt so much but latter in the age they will.

Post Fiend
    I wrote a guide on this as well.

There are three ways to play a faery heretic effectively.

1. Reroll as a halfling rogue.
    2. Reroll as an elf mystic.
    3. Reroll as an avian heretic.

Simple, easy to remember, easy to implement!

Forum Fanatic
    the added damage and mana/stealth on faery shouldn't be devalued... also 6/8 elites mounted are remarkably space-efficient when you're hitting stuff. only difficulty is that you need to be very effective at supporting your guys' landchains, so you can either quadtap depleted defenses or shove them below your nw range.

the short answer to the thread is to play as a/m and build at least 5% stables, all or mostly-elite armies. you need to keep enough defense that you're nowhere near doubletaps by provs in your nw range. it would look a lot like faery/mystic t/m, except you trade some wpa for added military and towers for stable land, and you're more likely to hit out in nw range.

Veteran
    Organized kingdoms fay heretic can work great. But for semi organized kingdoms I suggest elf or dwarf over a fay. Honestly if you want a A/M dwarf is by far the best compared to fay or elf.

Forum Fanatic
    I don't believe in Dwarf for low-tier... bonuses are too tricky to utilize. tbh i don't think heretic works well in low-tier at all, better to go with the straight money of high-off attackers, and mystics/rogues that handle high-defense provs. of course you can make anything work when two weak kingdoms square off against each other, but elf is a lot more consistent and faery damage output is still solid.

I like to post
    There is no reason to run TMs really this age. Running a fae/rogue now and it's a nightmare. They got nerfed so badly it's simply not worth running them. No pop bonus, no BE bonus, so you need to run insane amounts of TDs to cut thief losses, leaving no space for other buildings. I'd say they lost about 30-40% of their functionality/potency.

Well, last age we fought a whole kd of faery heretics. We warred just above mid age and boy were we nuked.

But then, it takes a kd wide strat to efficiently run NM, which is probably the most important reason to play heretic.

This age, the fae/heretic dosent seem that potent as mentioned above by others.

Thread Information