Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All professors but one.

Enthusiast

All professors but one.

Not adding many new scientists.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

I've only gained 2 all age, while another province in my kingdom has gained 11. That's just how science works, pure luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    I've only gained 2 all age, while another province in my kingdom has gained 11. That's just how science works, pure luck.
    That's the problem, pure luck isn't a good thing in this type of game.

In my opinion is copy the system mechanic from Guilds then it would have been better being it is a sure thing just you have to accumulate the amount to get a full 1, but this take out the randomness. Labs will be similar to Guilds in this case.
    or
    A merge of Guilds and the current sci system where it is still based on a %, same initial % as it is now, but 0.5% is added for each missed tick. If you get a scientist then the % counter is reset to to the base % (ie todays Sci %).
    Basically this method will accumulate +12% added to the base % in 24 hrs, so you can almost guarantee a scientist 1 every 36 hrs (which is a just about a 1/6 chance at 36 hrs). The Laboratories increases the addition % per tick and the base %.
    (1% per tick might be a bit high, but 0.5% seems a little low for those very unlucky.... dunno it needs testing)
    or
    A similar idea from above keep the base %, but there is no auto add of % every tick except only with the addition of Labs will add a % every tick.
    Last edited by RedPanda; 22-08-2016 at 22:07.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

luck? I doubt it

I've only gained 2, my mate has gained 11. That's how science works, pure luck.
    If you complain about the new science w/o giving it a chance, Bishop does not give you any tist. If you are positive and say you will wait and see, or say you like it, you do much better.
    No soup for you.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    If you complain about the new science w/o giving it a chance, Bishop does not give you any tist. If you are positive and say you will wait and see, or say you like it, you do much better.
    No soup for you.
    I was very supportive at start of age, but I'm starting to get a bit more upset by it now.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    No soup for you.
    "No soup for you" were you of the that kd in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by greaps View Post
    "No soup for you" were you of the that kd in the past?
    It's from an episode of Seinfeld

Enthusiast
    All professors.
    No new Scientists for 75 hours.
    I liked it when it was a game of planning and skill not luck.
    Monsters

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    All professors.
    No new Scientists for 75 hours.
    I liked it when it was a game of planning and skill not luck.
    A bit dramatic, don't you think? The importance of science is greatly reduced this age. A province with 40 scientists doesn't have some kind of insurmountable advantage over a similar province with 25 scientists.

Needs to get out more
    I can tell you're a fellow Texan, Andurilas. Mine says Ohio but born in San Antonio.
    On Topic - 3 non-professors.

Off Topic - I have a story concerning Thundercats, Monsters, Free and Noobies Don't Bite.

I was in HRS(her royal swiftness)and just came out of war over 4k acres with my undead cleric. We had an ambitious new player I offered to let run my province while in sitter mode, so my D&D crew and I could start a new campaign. I told him he could tinker with the build all he wanted.

Anyways, once out of protection, Free waved us and I was keeping up with things on irc. Palem(with support)decided to wave Noobies Don't Bite for war. For some reason we thought they'd be easier than Free. My sitter, who'd dismantled all my GS, decided that doing 2 massacres on Noobies big halfers was the ticket. So, like 3 minutes later he was apologizing and when I got into the war I was 378 acres eating regular learn taps. I'm no quitter, but I noticed I had an invite. I can only guess my sitter was looking to join another kingdom.

Since my province was wiped out in HRS I figured I'd take up the invite without looking. It seemed like it'd be fun not knowing where I was going. I was on good terms with HRS, just wanted a little adventure EoA. Roll the dice, and....

So I end up in Monsters which I'm a fan; if only for theme. Just to clear things up, I'm the original Chimera under the name Chimera Occult. I always name myself Occult if I play cleric, unless theme dictates. I chose Chimera because I was making a 3 headed monster: faery cleric. Regrettably they used some chat I didn't have access to and some undead girl was threatening violence and complaining that I wasted an invite. Well, I'm always good for invite reimbursement, but she was also complaining I wasn't even trying to figure out how to join their chat. She seemed so nice. Why wouldn't I want to join their chat? :-D

I leaped out and saw Thundercats recruiting if you'd provide your own invite. Thundercats was one of the retirement kingdoms. It was interesting in that I adopted a faery mystic at 3k acres, but I estimated I was breakable by every province in the top 20. None the less I met some of the mighty players who'd played through the zenith of Utopia. It's the first time I'd seen guys with over a million offense with land grabs in the thousands of acres.
    We had no intel storage and irc for communication.

All in all, a good age with memorable experiences.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-08-2016 at 20:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    A bit dramatic, don't you think? The importance of science is greatly reduced this age. A province with 40 scientists doesn't have some kind of insurmountable advantage over a similar province with 25 scientists.
    Oh really? Lets do the math. I will concentrate the scientists into 2-3 categories.

Prov 25 scientists(all proffessors):
    8 proff in crime - 48% tpa
    17 proff in chann - 100% wpa

Prov 40 scien(all proff)
    6 proff in pop - 3.6% pop
    17 prof in crime - 100% tpa
    17 prof in chann - 100% wpa

So you are saying +50% tpa and +4% pop is insurmountable? No, you are wrong a lot. The thing with the sci is a prov that is 5k land with 50 scientists doesn't have better sci than a prov 1k land with 50 scientists.

I like to post
    I was very supportive at start of age, but I'm starting to get a bit more upset by it now.
    I'm fairly convinced that the game has tracked overall activity and skill over the last few ages and gives those that are good less scientists. So it should be a compliment to you Canna!

Your so vain... bet u think this song is about you...

Here are some skills

February 13 of YR2 A new scientist, Novice Glo-thic (Crime), has emerged and has joined our academic ranks.
    February 13 of YR2 Meteors rain across the lands and kill 51 peasants, 25 Axemen and 5 Berserkers!
    February 13 of YR2 We have received a shipment of 50,000 gold coins, 5,000 runes and 100 soldiers from
    February 14 of YR2 Meteors rain across the lands and kill 6 peasants and 1 Axeman!
    February 15 of YR2 Meteors rain across the lands and kill 60 peasants, 43 Axemen and 8 Berserkers!
    February 15 of YR2 Enemies have convinced our soldiers to demand more money for upkeep for 9 days.
    February 16 of YR2 Meteors rain across the lands and kill 87 peasants, 36 Axemen and 7 Berserkers!
    February 17 of YR2 A new scientist, Novice Bere (Food), has emerged and has joined our academic ranks.

Enthusiast
    Still no new scientists.

meh
    Monsters

#MONSTERS

Thread Information