Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK Someone please explain this

OK Someone please explain this

Over 40 scientists on target. 108% NW of me. Rogue.

No gain......

So please, someone explain to me how this BS mechanic works because its really freaking annoying. Clearly I just can't figure it out when I abduct 24 scientist target that is 101% NW I get nothing when I abduct 108% NW on 40 I get nothing. WTF do we need to do to get a scientist? Seriously.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Unis? Relative kingdom networth? Stance?

Normal to normal. My KD is 150% of his KD NW.... ok.... So this is RKDNW problem? Really so I would get nothing because of RKDNW?

There were no universities on either target.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Normal to normal. My KD is 150% of his KD NW.... ok.... So this is RKDNW problem? Really so I would get nothing because of RKDNW?

There were no universities on either target.
    Assuming his kingdom is exactly 2/3rd the size of yours and you have not rounded, left anything out, or misrepresented any information:

(2/3) * 2/3 + 0.4 = ~84.44% gains due to rknw

I would say you are just over what is necessary to gain 1 scientist if gains are 3% and 90-110% nw is optimal range.

If you have rounded at all or played down any size differences it could put you under the gains threshold. Also consider Guard Stations may reduce scientists abducted. Other than that I could just be missing something or calculated incorrectly. There could be a random factor affecting gains which pushed you under, there did seem to be some randomness at the start of the age.

Enthusiast
    my first thought is GBP.
    All hail Bart of Farta

I like to post
    Over 40 scientists on target. 108% NW of me. Rogue.

No gain......

So please, someone explain to me how this BS mechanic works because its really freaking annoying. Clearly I just can't figure it out when I abduct 24 scientist target that is 101% NW I get nothing when I abduct 108% NW on 40 I get nothing. WTF do we need to do to get a scientist? Seriously.
    How on earth does someone have 40 scientists... this is damn bugged. I've had revelation on 24/7 all age and I received a grant total of 5 scientists. How on earth did someone else get more than 4x that?

Needs to get out more
    There might be a karma algorithm. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Bart, I have no idea. I was floored when I saw his science so I was totally psyched about it. Thats why I bothered to try again. I thought I should at least get 1.

I guess I should salve my conscience with I have been abucted 4 times this age and have lost not one thing Of course, I am a sage and I have only 22 scientists sooooo

whatever......

I like to post
    Bart, I have no idea. I was floored when I saw his science so I was totally psyched about it. Thats why I bothered to try again. I thought I should at least get 1.

I guess I should salve my conscience with I have been abucted 4 times this age and have lost not one thing Of course, I am a sage and I have only 22 scientists sooooo

whatever......
    Perhaps the less active you are and the lower you finished in former ages, the more scientists you get? To compensate for being nub? Mario kart nostalgia!

Enthusiast
    I have no idea about abducts, havent tried. However, yeah this system is way off. I think it was a good idea initially, but this random stuff is way off.

We have one or two provs that clearly picked the short stick, then over the last 32 hrs we had one prov get 7! scientists. Overall kingdom wise we are on average tho. I have a gut feeling that the RNG is based on (not RNG) but average based on kingdom.

We have tested revelation and labs. It yielded 0 scientists kingdom wide.

I do like the idea that you cant sit and pump science for weeks on end, but imo the system should be changed to a similar system we had before but with much less gains, so it doesnt make that much impact as it did before

Forum Addict
    The new science system overall, I love.

The scientist emergence formula... not so much.

But it's in its infancy and is bound to receive many-a-tweak in the future.

Give it some time to develop a solid core of data first, because a couple weeks is not nearly the amount of time the devs will want to start making judgments and decisions from.

Post Demon
    This is

1 because there is randomness involved and
    2 because hitting a kd while 150% of their nw has always been considdered bottom feeding

If the system was not randomised it would penalice a pure T/M a lot, as they would be targetted whenever over the minimal number of scientists, and top kingdoms have for ages farmed large t/m's in smaller kingdoms.
    It is not ment to give guaranteed gains, you are encuraged to use your resurces more on warring or growing that way, if it was guaranteed returns it would be way to easy to lose weeks of accumulated scientists or run a strategy to max out much earlier than everyone else, I think that is what the new system is made to prevent.

But wow a 40 scientist province, I only know of one who have more than my 30, that is my steward so I can't target her. The moment I find a target with more than me I'll likely try my luck again, got 1 of 2 attemps so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Loons View Post

We have one or two provs that clearly picked the short stick, then over the last 32 hrs we had one prov get 7! scientists. Overall kingdom wise we are on average tho. I have a gut feeling that the RNG is based on (not RNG) but average based on kingdom.
    I've noticed this too. I generated 8 in a three day period while most of the KD were lucky to recieve 1 in same time period. I also feel the chance of generating new scientists is tied into province growth. I've been keeping data on this as have some KD mates. If others can do the same would be great to compare.
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

I've noticed a correlation between scientist generation and the amount of pineapples you have eaten that day.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    I've noticed this too. I generated 8 in a three day period while most of the KD were lucky to recieve 1 in same time period. I also feel the chance of generating new scientists is tied into province growth. I've been keeping data on this as have some KD mates. If others can do the same would be great to compare.
    not linked to growth. Our highest sci count was on our smallest prov and the second highest was on the largest prov, there was only a difference of 1 between them. It's random. The kingdom average is exactly where it should be for a 3.5% spawn rate, but individual spawn rates vary a lot from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Thread Information