Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Rogue

Dwarf Rogue

How can my dwarf rogue be stopped? So far I'm just tearing stuff up. Wondering what it will be like if I face a more challenging opponent. Anyone else who reads the forums feel like this is the best kept secret since... well its a secret but... anyway...

25% hospitals
    25% homes
    5% farms
    5% guilds
    1% towers
    7.5% stables

Remaining is thief dens/training grounds. Like this -

Start with TG.
    Attack/Burn a little stealth
    Raze TG/Build TD
    Wait 6 hours
    Burn all stealth. Raze TD. Build TG.
    Wait 6 hours and back to start.

Total ownage. Financed with thieves obviously. BE is 100% because buildings are always razed.

Anyone want to join my ghetto kingdom (Can I mix in recruiting in strategy, sorryish, edit if neccessary)

Whatever happened to the gold old days of the strategy forum being full of stuff like this?

With 5% Guilds you are hardly able to cast any spells. Plus your WPA will be ****.

So while you are capitalizing on your double strengths (fast and free construction and your rogue abilities) you are also creating a weakness.
    Proud Monarch of the Conscripted KD
    Maintains the ambush calculator at: https://www.snappshot.nl/ambush

I dont have a problem casting self spells. Usually try once or twice. I just run NB/MP/clear sight. sometimes mystic aura. I have as much wpa as any attacker. I pump my wizards out of war... obviously...

Well you are a hybrid rogue / attacker. Even if you boost your wizards out of war.

With an attacker WPA it will be easy to keep MS on you, cast Expose thieves a few times to keep your stealth low. And with the spare mana i could focus on ruining your economy. So as your acres grow from the attacks you make. Your WPA will drop even further. You can build those acres up for free of course. But your defense will shrink over time. Until my attackers can break you.

I would love to put the theory to the test and see what happens.
    Proud Monarch of the Conscripted KD
    Maintains the ambush calculator at: https://www.snappshot.nl/ambush

I'd chain you, like any attacker. You'd have to choose between your tpa or your offense, and you'll choose offense since they always do.

I'd let you grow, like any hybrid. You can't afford to keep your tpa up, and a fae or halfling rogue will very quickly be able to bust you open with prop's, allowing all t/m's to ns you down. You don't have your TD's in 99% of the time, so your mtpa isn't actually that high compared to a true thief. NM is also a possibility, then prop, then NS in 12hrs. Throw in FB's to kill your econ, and you won't be able to afford to raze all the TD/TG you need to.
    Last edited by CannaWhoopazz; 25-08-2016 at 12:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

No if I get chained I release defense and go all elite. I am careful to limit growth. Chain stops when my army gets home. I leave it home and thief with my sky high tpa until they move on. Faerys and halfer prop ain't doing **** to my tpa. I've got clear sight 24/7, and all my tpa is mod. I steal money to raze or retrain thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    No if I get chained I release defense and go all elite. I am careful to limit growth. Chain stops when my army gets home. I leave it home and thief with my sky high tpa until they move on. Faerys and halfer prop ain't doing **** to my tpa. I've got clear sight 24/7, and all my tpa is mod. I steal money to raze or retrain thieves.
    any chain that goes long enough for your army to return before it's done isn't a chain. Chains are done in ~3hrs, and you'll be over-popped enough that you'd either lose your ability to 4x if you kept your thieves, or lose your ability to thief if you kept your offense. They always choose offense.

A true fae or halfling rogue CAN destroy your prov. MV the cs off, then do a run while TD's are gone. NM run to open(if needed), prop to ruin, ns to kill. Maybe in the kingdoms you're warring, it's not an issue because they can't organize well enough, but you asked how you could be stopped and in a competent kingdom, and this is how.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Forum Fanatic
    Any province can be taken down. Any province.

Massacres really do a number on underdefended provs. It isn't used nearly as much as it should be.

Yea that would do it but it would take a lot of energy.

not anymore energy than what's already being applied to a war though. The T/M's should already be working in tandem, bringing down targets. A single Halfling/Rogue with ~25mtpa should be able to easily prop your tpa open for non-halflings to get into, that only takes ~12hrs of saving stealth. Once your CS is down, your thieves will leave and open you up to a good NS run, killing your offense and defense.

Or just massacres, since they kill like 25% of all thieves in war or something ridiculous like that.

It does sound like a very fun way to play though, I'll give you that. I don't know if I could hold up getting on every 6hrs to rebuild though, that sounds a bit exhausting. I don't play Avian for that reason

Forum Fanatic
    Unless you're one of the biggest provinces on the server, not really.

Veteran
    I love dwarfs but lol. Give me a break Dwarf Rogue is about the 4th best dwarf combo. Dwarf heretic is by far the best combo followed by war hero and cleric. Halfling, fay or elf is a better combo then dwarf rogue.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 25-08-2016 at 13:40.

Scribe
    I looked at doing a dwarf rogue rotating TDs for offensive buildings and dumping stealth while TDs were in, but figured as soon as the enemy worked out what you were doing they'd just ET the crap out of you right before the dens come in. Sure, you've got MA, but with 5% guilds and 1% towers you aren't keeping much out with that. Plus, yeah, massacre/overpop/prop can all bring you down as mentioned above.

I liked the look of dwarf heretic much better in the end (though didn't get a chance to play it).

Post Fiend
    dwarf rogue was more a thing a couple of ages ago when they had BE... even then just massie them X3 and they are done.

Needs to get out more
    It's ok. I'm with you on one big point: They got to do it.. and that's where I usually get a chain stall.

So everyone tells you this or that can happen, and it can; but they still have to do it. It's here where you develop as a player. Now me, I usually run lighter on army and higher on wpa. I'm not worried about being broken. What I want is an army that resists nightmare. I want enough wpa to resist tornado and spam mystic aura.

As dwarf you can be a tough raze target so massacre is the likely alternative. When I play faery or elf I count on getting massacred which opens my offensive shell game. See, if you regard your province as a total with 3 directions you can counter what ideally fits your agenda.

The other thing to remember is that you're not alone in kingdom. So the point you made about the enemy using their energy is correct. Test their triggers. Do they engage you when your honor goes up a level? How do they react to you pushing aid? What nw are you in and when do they begin probing for weakness? If they seem to be dictating the pace, deconstruct the events in your mind and figure out what they're doing and how.

Who knows, you could be an excellent player and all I'm adding is encouragement. The comments above are to present to you what can happen. You can now devise ways to resist those things from happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information