Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A game of ego?

A game of ego?

Just putting it out there, this game seems now more like a Game of Egos than a team game. Apparently, "I will raze into your wars", has become a common jargon now-a-days. The fun bit is, everyone knows its unethical, but since there are no rules against it, all is well. No one wants to become a moral police here coz obviously, that's the admin's task to be. Also, players are here to have fun, not do moral policing.

Let me give you an instance. A 0 gain abduct, responded with trad march. Retal, re-retal. Acres are now evened out. CF proposal denied on the grounds that hits differ by 1, when gains clearly are equal, and so are losses. This is followed by a threat "I will raze you in your wars if this does not happen"

Case 2, the Octobrev situation. I am not one too decide what is right and what wrong, but in my opinion, once you are a part of a KD, you abide by their rules, coz u were a part of a team when that particular decision was taken. All in all, we again hear a threat coming up here. "I will raze into your wars"

Case 3: KD X is hostile with KD Y. KD Z waves KD X. X gives no retal, and passes on a CF. This CF is accepted after two waves. Age goes on, tides turn. X finds a nice moment to wave Z. On being asked why, they just reply its payback. and guess what happens next. "I will raze into your wars if you do not stop"

I am not a judge, but something here is not right. This is a team game. Some players make random hits a matter of ego. Others just indulge in the stuff because they do not have anything better to do, as their KDs are ****ty. Yet others make bad diplomacy an excuse. Diplomacy can only be possible if both people are reasonable. If I resolve not to let a diplomacy happen, bring the best diplomat and he will fail.

Its true that a foolproof system is not possible, but I frankly feel that's why the admins have to keep a lookout. When you can always keep an eye on, and make deletions on fake wars, why not just make wars a no interference situation? The NW proximity rule is a good one in the effect. Rules can be created that command minimum hits from either sides in war, or no war exit.

PS: Before speculations happen, I will say this. Yes I was a victim in one of the three situations above.

BTW, some rules I would request be modified or added:
    1. The war interference rule as stated above.
    2. The min KD size rule. Min KD size needs to be increased. Current rule encourages solo play for personal ranks, rather than a teamplay. Also, this is just my personal opinion, but I think that maximum multis in the game can be found in these min sized KDs.
    3. The war declare NW range rule. If both KDs max out the meter, there should be a war, despite the NW gap.
    4. If point difference between the KDs exceed XX, the gains from the KD having more points, on the KD having fewer points reduce drastically, to prevent one sided farming.

Just putting it out there, this game seems now more like a Game of Egos than a team game. Apparently, "I will raze into your wars", has become a common jargon now-a-days. The fun bit is, everyone knows its unethical, but since there are no rules against it, all is well. No one wants to become a moral police here coz obviously, that's the admin's task to be. Also, players are here to have fun, not do moral policing.
    Its really a community issue, but you gotta use what options you have when you are facing a kingdom that you cant handle in a war or so. If the community deem its unethical to hit into war its up to them to police it imo.

3. The war declare NW range rule. If both KDs max out the meter, there should be a war, despite the NW gap.
    This already works as you suggest, if BOTH kingdoms maxes the meter they will go to war.

I dont think its too good for the admin/devs to enforce too much it limits the gameplay and possibilities.

My main focus here was asking the question... Is "we will raze into your war" ethical?
    BTW, its not really a community issue. Active players refrain from policing because they are too busy aiming for ranks. Most ghettos don't even care to visit forum, so that's that.

BTW, one more addition to the list of suggested rules:
    5. Make CFs duration based. Like fortified stances.

Editing for clarification: I am not asking it to be a hard duration. Forts can be exit between anywhere from 24 to 72hr. Make it similar for CF, only for a longer duration. Agreements can still be there, like 5 day or 2 week CF, but not an EoA CF. Also, this will promote conflicts and let more wars happen. At the same time, this will prevent immediate CF breaks, just for the purpose of clearing meter.
    Last edited by AnonymousBoy; 27-09-2016 at 15:30. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousBoy View Post
    My main focus here was asking the question... Is "we will raze into your war" ethical?
    BTW, its not really a community issue. Active players refrain from policing because they are too busy aiming for ranks. Most ghettos don't even care to visit forum, so that's that.

BTW, one more addition to the list of suggested rules:
    5. Make CFs duration based. Like fortified stances.
    You as part of the Community think its wrong its then up to you to police it if you can/want. The admin/devs arent suppose to sit there and decide what is ethical and what is unethical cause its really depending on who you ask.

I think you are only seeing the bad in what is being done and not the good. Without the ability to raze into wars there is no real recourse for those who lack the toe-toe power to seek justice.

"ethical" is in the eye of the beholder. Just because one player's ethical is not yours does not make him unethical.

Your 5th suggestion is ridiculous because it is not up to the game to determine CFs. A CF can be ended any time for any reason by the kingdoms between which they exist, so imposing an arbitrary game enforced limit on them is stupid.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I dont say make a hard limit on CFs. Just ask to create a min and max for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I think you are only seeing the bad in what is being done and not the good. Without the ability to raze into wars there is no real recourse for those who lack the toe-toe power to seek justice.
    Once again, its the way you see Justice. There is a time for revenge and a time for keeping the traps shut. WAR is not a time when anyone would like an outside interference. As such, with things going on the forum currently, the plague for war hitting is just spreading more than being combated against.

You cannot justify your attacks on an underbelly just because you were hit in the eye one fine day and your team was not willing to stand by you.

Ghettos whine and cry and beg for rule changes because they suck ass: The Thread

Close it. He is literally posting about the situation already being discussed at length here: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...ers-amp-ghetto

Someone wants a rule changed does not mean he is from a ghetto... Tell me a rank beyond which you consider peeps ghetto. I have played in KDs that far excel any rank you name.

PS: I know Ghetto are not decided by ranks, but these are kinda synonymous at EoA

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Ghettos whine and cry and beg for rule changes because they suck ass:
    One again... bloated Egos. See topic.

Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

1) You're asking for hits into war to be removed. Why? Its the #1 defence that ghettos have against top kingdoms. You're just sour because the same tactic is now being implemented against ghettos.

Hitting into war has been an extremely integral part of the game since it's beginning. For both 'localized' conflicts between two or more kingdoms and between alliances.

2) You're asking to force larger kingdom sizes for no discernible reason. Multies are a necessary part of the game or else new provinces would find it nigh impossible to grow. And KD size can determine play style, strategy, and level of fun. Being filled to 22 with 17 provinces that do absolutely nothing will only ruin the experience of the 5 active players. Stop trying to force changes on people in order to create more inactive-filled easy targets for your talentless ghettos to take advantage of.

3) You're so **** at the game you don't even realize that mutual meter maxing already triggers auto declaration.

4) Literally too stupid to even address.

Strategy Moderator
    wrote a nice long post then decided to remove it....basically meh. into war hits are a good way to stop people from being assholes, the mechanics changes u suggest aren't really needed.

Multies are a necessary part of the game
    Woah! Seriously...

You're so **** at the game you don't even realize that mutual meter maxing already triggers auto declaration.
    **** happens... Never tried that, but felt thats how things should be. Good if they are that way. I am not claiming to be an encyclopedia of game rules

In the end I would just say that I have been at the top and know what the politics are like there. Its always, I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Players say they multi to teach peeps how to play. Kudos to you! One of the top players had taught me this "Randoms are part of the game. Its better to have long term goals as a team than seek revenge for few acres". But when these ghettos dare stand up against a "top" KD, or a "legacy" player, such KD/players employ techniques, that don't exactly come in the black or white zone. And guess what happens... players quit, as they are comparatively newer to the game, and don't make it a matter of their egos to take revenge in what is just a game, one not even important enough to have cash prizes over ranks (refer DOTA, CS or CoC [gems are kinda a cash gain as you have to spend so much to get the same number of gems] etc...).

Is it bad that I'm starting to like this Steel guy?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Thread Information