Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: omg omg omg panda what?!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
    Deals are overrated in this game, they are respected only when they better suit the stronger of the two parties involved
    I've no doubt this is true from your point of view/where you are from.
    However, top only works based on making deals and honoring them deals. This is also why top self-polices db via gb, to discourage db and enforce some sort of order. No long term strat would be possible without cf deals.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by haze View Post
    I've no doubt this is true from your point of view/where you are from.
    However, top only works based on making deals and honoring them deals. This is also why top self-polices db via gb, to discourage db and enforce some sort of order. No long term strat would be possible without cf deals.
    I agree that honoring deals reduces the IRL impact of this game, since you can plan down-times and structure some order. The top could work without them though, just would have to work differently really, and I'm not sure whether I'd like the results. This is why we as Sparta always honor every deal we make to the letter. Sure, if people threaten us we might look a bit closer at the letters, and if people are nice, decent and on good terms an in-game deal isn't even necessary. The only time problems arise is when two sides have a different interpretation of what a deal is and what can all be included in it.

Post Demon
    lol

Scribe
    deals are an important part of this game. But be wise who you make deals with and what those deals include.
    A land/honor cf deal is more important to the kingdom demanding the deal than to the one they offer it to.

say you decline the offer...what will happen? sure they'll hit you and take land, but they would anyway if they got the deal. They can't afford a long drawn out battle, even one they'd win because it would make them vulnerable to their competitors.
    There will be exceptions, kingdoms that have leaders who will blindly scrap their age goal and keep griefing you. They'll do that once and their kingdom will lose faith in them. They will become useless to their allies and they will lose them. It will take them several ages to come back from things like that.

everyone keeps calling it the top but there is no top, this game doesnt have a top anymore. five years ago there was a huge difference in ability, but its not that much anymore with how tiny the player base is. crowns are worth next to nothing now. the only thing people have is playing however they want to play to have fun. if that means doing what was done then so be it.

back in the day, people wouldnt have complained nearly as much as in this thread. they would have sucked it up and crushed the kd who did it mano e mano. but yet, with this day and age of whining, this is what we get. i leave you with this last question:

Is it more dishonorable to deal break or is it more dishonorable to your kd to whine non stop and talk a big game and then whine some more?
    What does 1337 mean?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post

Is it more dishonorable to deal break or is it more dishonorable to your kd to whine non stop and talk a big game and then whine some more?
    Its obvious that whining is more dishonorable.

Scribe
    breaking a deal will always be more dishonorable.

whining is maybe annoying but does not affect honor in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I agree that honoring deals reduces the IRL impact of this game, since you can plan down-times and structure some order. The top could work without them though, just would have to work differently really, and I'm not sure whether I'd like the results. This is why we as Sparta always honor every deal we make to the letter. Sure, if people threaten us we might look a bit closer at the letters, and if people are nice, decent and on good terms an in-game deal isn't even necessary. The only time problems arise is when two sides have a different interpretation of what a deal is and what can all be included in it.
    Post of the year. I bow down to you senior Bart.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Enthusiast
    everyone keeps calling it the top but there is no top, this game doesnt have a top anymore. five years ago there was a huge difference in ability, but its not that much anymore with how tiny the player base is. crowns are worth next to nothing now. the only thing people have is playing however they want to play to have fun. if that means doing what was done then so be it.

back in the day, people wouldnt have complained nearly as much as in this thread. they would have sucked it up and crushed the kd who did it mano e mano. but yet, with this day and age of whining, this is what we get. i leave you with this last question:

since you're the db that started the thread you've now done both. maybe you would like to answer yourself.

Forum Fanatic
    Back in the day, three things would have been different:
    1) People would have complained much more, and the fighting in the utopiatemple thread would have been hilarious.
    2) You would have been GB'ed
    3) The deal being broken wouldn't have existed, because people didn't make time-dependent CFs -- it was EOA or nothing. They became necessary as the game shrunk.

To dealbreak.

Veteran
    I do miss the old days before invites when you could raze kill and disband kingdoms. But let's be honest it's just a clear block of pandas. Probably some multi kingdom my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    3) The deal being broken wouldn't have existed, because people didn't make time-dependent CFs -- it was EOA or nothing. They became necessary as the game shrunk.
    technically they could of still deal broke just would not been because they feared getting farmed... altho i doubt pandas give them a deal in that situation of CFs back then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    This forum needs a new rule, someone who hasn't posted for a long time needs to reintroduce themselves, it's like necroing a poster - not cool.

Stop throwing people I don't know at me, I like my comfort zone.

Is 9 years considered a long time not posting?
    Last edited by ZoreX; 28-08-2016 at 18:24. Reason: frgt to add the quote :)

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoreX View Post
    Is 9 years considered a long time not posting?
    yes it is slacker :P welcome back

Strategy Moderator
    Elit, Elit... Tsk tsk. First I am not even playing this age. Second, my kingdoms have always held their deals. No one can name a single time I have broken my deal, but there are many examples of you breaking yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Reason we did alliance was ABS power playing and deal breaking in top. Im refer to age 57 when after AMA beat solo ABS competition and was in position to Win Jdorje/Sanctuary poll 2vs1 BS+Deal break for stop AMA win age. So when you face alliance controlling 4 from top 5 Spots in server and they don't care for keep his deals and play 1vs1 only solution is to form alliance for fight them.

So far atm Emerity is worst KD in server having in 1 KD Dorje/ASF and clow bin. All they know is to use external help for handle his competitors and i wont be surprised if all deal break Panda is again involved ASF or Binar. Its how they play.
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 28-08-2016 at 19:27.

Thread Information