Thread: Adjustable OOP Times

Adjustable OOP Times

I have noticed that much of the players are divided on the 1 day protection period so I was wondering if players could have the option of 24, 48, 72 hours of protection. Those who elect to leave the safety of protection earlier could recieve some type of bonus for doing so since fortune favors the bold.

So just an really basic example would be..

1 day protection: Bonus to Wizards, Increased Starting Honor, Increased Income
    2 day protection: Bonus to Thieves, Increased Income
    3 day protection: No Bonuses

*Those who elect for 24hr-48hr protection would recieve the boost to their province up the the maximum 3 day protection period. ie - Those who elect 24hrs would recieve the bonus increases for the next 48hrs (72 hour time frame)

*Base Bonuses like increased say starting Wizards would not be taken. Income increases per tick would return to their normal levels.

*If not a player to player option it could be set by the kingdom as a whole by the monarch. Alot of issues arise with this notion especially in ghettoville.

I think it could work and again maybe not. Could possibly have strategical value for specific kds to choose who leaves OOP and when or the option for the weaker kds/provs to really utilize the protection they need or want. Anyways, try not to harp on me to bad if this seems dumb or crazy. I just kind of threw this together. Looking forward to the feedback
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Forum Fanatic
    Everyone would go back to the 3 day

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Postaholic
    Oop would be boring as **** then.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Thunder TA is correct, unless you add some significant economic incentives it'd just be better to stay longer since it means you can train more units and come out swinging hard. The original change to 24 hours was made with a lot of resistance because 72 hours is so much better but it's soooo stagnant because you essentially just log at certain set times to do stuff.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Thunder TA is correct, unless you add some significant economic incentives it'd just be better to stay longer since it means you can train more units and come out swinging hard. The original change to 24 hours was made with a lot of resistance because 72 hours is so much better but it's soooo stagnant because you essentially just log at certain set times to do stuff.
    Unlike now, where you login at certain set times to do stuff & things!

Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    Unlike now, where you login at certain set times to do stuff & things!
    Yeah but 3 days vs 24 hours is quite different.

Plus adjustable OOP would play Havoc with island reveals, either you'd have to start it for everybody at 24 hours, thus giving even more advantage to those staying longer in protection or you'd have to deal with it individually which would be a major mess, also you could do stuff like have your attackers come oop early but have your cows explore and be safe for another 48 hours. All in all I think it's a massive complication that'd be a major pain to balance so better to leave things as they are.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 30-08-2016 at 14:51.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information