Thread: TTIP failed

Forum Fanatic

TTIP failed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7213876.html

Sweet Jesus, I never thought I'd see the day. I'm sure there is something horrible I'm not seeing though... but good on ditching the TTIP. Now time to destroy the TPP, hopefully.

Obama and Merkel still insist things can be worked out but I really hope this is the last we've seen of ISDS and all that other crap

Veteran
    No. Nearly every trade agreement has ISDS. We dutch are in the top 2 for countries that file the most ISDS claims. In the majority of trade agreements there is a paragraph that ISDS cases are done in absolute secrecy. Most claims never reach the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    No. Nearly every trade agreement has ISDS. We dutch are in the top 2 for countries that file the most ISDS claims. In the majority of trade agreements there is a paragraph that ISDS cases are done in absolute secrecy. Most claims never reach the public.
    It saddens me that you are correct. My own countries has indeed signed many such agreements because our politicians either don't understand the consequences or do but don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    It saddens me that you are correct. My own countries has indeed signed many such agreements because our politicians either don't understand the consequences or do but don't care.
    more often is that they fail to understand. For example take how the cookie law came into practice. OMG none of the 150 politicians in the second chamber actually know what a cookie is. Their ignorance is embarassing.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thread Information