Thread: War Bonus

Regular

War Bonus

War victory rewarded with +X% scientist spawn during EOWCF.

As the books reward is gone and nothing really replaced it. War wins need something extra imo.

+ X% amount because I don't know what a good amount would be. Smarter people than me probably do.

Postaholic
    Why?
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Regular
    Exactly for the reason I stated. Books reward was removed and I feel a war win should still give some science reward.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Exactly for the reason I stated. Books reward was removed and I feel a war win should still give some science reward.
    Why?

The book reward was created to help make up for the ability to purchase sci significantly more rapidly oow vs in war. Now that the base growth chance is the same regardless of status, and buildings make only a small difference in the number of scientists generated, there is probably no need for this.

I don't really oppose adding it to incentivize war, but the justification for the books bonus is really gone with this change.

I'd also probably recommend something like +2 scientists to winner and +1 to loser rather than a +chance bonus.

Postaholic
    Why do you need a reward? Can you not win the next war if you are not rewarded on the previous war? Game is about strategy, not rewards.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Demon
    a boost to spawn rate for both sides and maybe a boost to progression in learning might make it more interesting, that would also sadly corrospond with what happens in real wars.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Why?

The book reward was created to help make up for the ability to purchase sci significantly more rapidly oow vs in war. Now that the base growth chance is the same regardless of status, and buildings make only a small difference in the number of scientists generated, there is probably no need for this.

I don't really oppose adding it to incentivize war, but the justification for the books bonus is really gone with this change.

I'd also probably recommend something like +2 scientists to winner and +1 to loser rather than a +chance bonus.
    Oow, you can run laboratories, in war you need the buildspace for other things. Pumping science harder oow than in war still applies. Or would you run labs in war?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Why do you need a reward? Can you not win the next war if you are not rewarded on the previous war? Game is about strategy, not rewards.
    Hmh yeah. Not saying my idea is the only option. But I'd love for there to be something again which boosts sci for a warwin. If there is a smaller boost for the losing side as well that's cool too.

Scribe
    elite credits instead of spec credits would be nice since the kingdoms not warring can use their resources to purchase leets while the ones in war lose elites

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Oow, you can run laboratories, in war you need the buildspace for other things. Pumping science harder oow than in war still applies. Or would you run labs in war?
    You can run labs if you want to in war. Before, you were hard limited from going above active. The advantage labs give relative to extreme vs active is incredibly minimal.

Scribe
    You can run labs if you want to in war. Before, you were hard limited from going above active. The advantage labs give relative to extreme vs active is incredibly minimal.
    I agree that there is no real justification for science reward now. But to compare a guaranteed science amount from running extreme science or even active science to labs that merely raise the chance of receiving science is a stretch. And sure, you could run labs just like you could run mills in war if you really wanted to..and if you weren't planning to stay in that kingdom for long.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I agree that there is no real justification for science reward now. But to compare a guaranteed science amount from running extreme science or even active science to labs that merely raise the chance of receiving science is a stretch.
    Exactly, it shows why the bonus doesn't exist anymore.
    And sure, you could run labs just like you could run mills in war if you really wanted to..and if you weren't planning to stay in that kingdom for long.
    I ran 45% guilds in my last war because I felt like getting some WPA, and the kd shows no signs of booting me.. at least not yet. Those guilds served about as much purpose as labs would have in the war (since I only cast ~10 offensive spells over the course of the war)

Scribe
    Exactly, it shows why the bonus doesn't exist anymore.

I ran 45% guilds in my last war because I felt like getting some WPA, and the kd shows no signs of booting me.. at least not yet. Those guilds served about as much purpose as labs would have in the war (since I only cast ~10 offensive spells over the course of the war)
    most wars look slightly different than yours :P

Thread Information