Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting new scientist?

Not getting new scientist?

Im am running currently 38% labs in effort to get more sci. So far 4 real days not a single one, i upped them to 38% from 20% before that, which i got 1 new sci in 3 days. So 7 days with between 20-40% labs and only 1 scientist, have not been in fort. Whats with these rates? I talked to people not running any labs, and they say they getting 1 everyday or sometimes ever other day. Are labs completely useless and not working?

ANOTHER thread on this.... well...just to upset you. I have run 0 labs this age and up to 34 scientists already :) Maybe everyone should just start submitting these complaints as bugs instead of making a new thread each time they havent gotten hardly any scientists this age.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Yes!
    As with most things in Utopia the harder you try the worse result you'll get. Labs are jinxed. Totally not worth it.

The base for getting a scientist is 3.24% per tick I believe and with your amount of labs I guess it will be a bit over 4%.

If science continues on this format next age, I'll be done with this game. No hard feelings, just nothing like having a pecker that can't get hard.

Forum Fanatic
    Ive got as much science now as i would normally have,Do i wish i could get more scientist ? sure. Almost everyone i have at professor and havent got a new one in a week it seems and havent been in fortified. But again science isnt bad. people think its bad because they cant put gc into it.as your professors go up its no different than adding gc to it like you used to.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

The random factor, that there are no minimal gains is the BS part.

people don't like that it's so random. Some on 20 sci still, some on almost 50. That's the problem. I agree though, I have more science currently than I normally would at this point in the age. i'm not upset about the amount of scientists, I just don't like the wide range of results.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Needs to get out more
    I got 27 total and running 16.1% labs. I'm a sage. I wouldn't get too upset. Science is cool, but I'm executing within reasonable parameters without big science.

Last age I ran a dwarf cleric to see the build speed. That's killer, but this age they can move with offense more readily. This age I went undead sage; I'm looking at how it functions by the meter and it's accomplishing my objectives. It's able to land amnesia fairly reliably and I can break a lot of stuff. Thus in uf/hostile vs us I can abduct and cast amnesia as a deterrent.

I'm not going for optimum builds. Basically everyone knows what they can do. I'm looking at how reliable and what effect amnesia has in it's new form and trying to get some synergy to compound its effect. I wasn't in a war build in war, just WT, GS and pump. No stables, rax, TG. The GS were just leftovers from normal because we encountered some land grabbers while I was testing labs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Just find it strange that some1 whos running 0 labs, isnt sage or anything, isnt even trying to get sci or could really care less can have 2-3x the sci as some1 who focuses tons of time and land for sci and cant get but 1 in 7rl days.

Postaholic
    The only problem with Sci now is that bad players can have better science.

The good side? I can have bounce a hit just by switching my sci up.

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    should have stayed quite on that one, over half the server wouldnt have noticed that :)
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    The only problem with Sci now is that bad players can have better science.

Makes wars really annoying when everyone is active haha.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    should have stayed quite on that one, over half the server wouldnt have noticed that :)
    So amnesia is a prelude to attack spell. I think I might be on to something by accident, lol. Thx, it's ok; I'd never spy science anyways.

...I'm increasing my guilds as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    I think the new Sci actually is quite fun and requires a lot of creativity... For example:

1) I can bounce hits by switching up sci
    2) I can increase Attack times, tpa, wpa
    3) I can decrease loss, gains etc.
    4) Control overpop, not starve, get wages paid

Stop complaining so much and learn to adapt... it makes the game much more fun that way.

Good to be back btw after 4 years!

Aye.

Short term tactics vs long term could be fun fun in war for some. = )

No idea if bounce bounce could be done with cows etc at your level

Thread Information