Thread: Homes with the new Science

Regular

Homes with the new Science

Just curious what people's opinions are around using homes to maintain building efficiency with the lower sciences affecting population and BE science.

Or just not worth the wasted space?

First age back in 6ish years......be gentle ;)

Veteran
    Homes were always useful even with no pop sci. They are useful for deep drafting and for puffing up econ--both use them on a temporary basis. As a permanent-ish feature of a TM build, they still have most of their old advantages, too.

As a dwarf WH this age I can say homes are great. Need them as dwarf dont have the BE bonus anymore. 25% homes 20% banks while stocking gc. switch in some arms for drafting/training.
    war spoil first hit on opening wave to give pop space to flop homes to complete war build. Only advised if there are orc rods at top or you go down quick if get insta declared :)

Edit: also need homes because of free speed build. BE dosent start in the gutter when switching build over before waving, 6 hours isnt enough time to raise it
    Last edited by brickwolfman; 30-08-2016 at 20:13.
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

There is a solid argument for 10-20% Homes with Undead or Dwarves due to reduced food consumption.

Homes suck for everyone else unless you are going for an unbreakable and are relying on Homes + Forts to draft deep enough to get you there.

Regular
    thanks!

Post Fiend
    dont listen to people who say dont use homes, homes were awsome at +8 pop. obviously now at +10 pop everyone should be using them. only fking lemmings ever said they suck.
    Last edited by Ganga; 31-08-2016 at 15:10.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    As a dwarf WH this age I can say homes are great. Need them as dwarf dont have the BE bonus anymore. 25% homes 20% banks while stocking gc. switch in some arms for drafting/training.
    war spoil first hit on opening wave to give pop space to flop homes to complete war build. Only advised if there are orc rods at top or you go down quick if get insta declared :)

Edit: also need homes because of free speed build. BE dosent start in the gutter when switching build over before waving, 6 hours isnt enough time to raise it
    Off Topic: if it occurs to you, let us(me) know how WH is working out with Dwarf. I think it's a fine strat, but I've only got theories and basic numbers. Experience is fundamental.

On Topic: I never look at homes as a 'must have' but I use them regularly though I'm fairly sloppy with my strats. That doesn't mean they aren't effective. I've been pretty good at retaining a comfortable economy in war. That means my troops are paid 200% and I train nominal elites and thieves almost every tick. I always hold a reserve of gold/runes. Otherwise I run builds that are decidedly unorthodox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    I like to start war with about 20-25% homes for bigger draft and build TGs as I go along. I am Dwarf Sage with +19.5% BE and +8.8% housing, so yeah, homes are my most important building.

Thread Information