Thread: Deleting provinces during war

Deleting provinces during war

I would like to know how IP and everything else works for Utopia. Our king and two of his friends work together and often play while at work and we were in a war and immediately surrendered because Utopia Admin decided to delete all three of their accounts at once. Leaving our kingdom without a monarch and dropping us 500k NW in one foul swoop. Just curious how all this works, and if our monarch returns we could only have him and we would lose the other two people. Just seems a bit ridiculous. There is just no way to verify people are unique besides IP? So if a kingdom all went to starbucks together you would delete a whole kingdom? I just don't understand. Please explain.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Veteran
    Basically, yeah. I understand it's frustrating and not totally ideal, but what other easy-to-implement option is there?

We have a bunch of Pinoys in our KD. They are often blocked from hitting the same target. Our theory on that is that Philippines internet/mobile is ****, and has one big server or something (**** if I know anything about IT/computers) and blocks them because they use the same mobile provider.

Your monarch and his buds who work together could play together by logging in from their phones only during work time, not work computers. They would then be free to use their own comps and stuff at home, but just need to avoid using a common IP at work.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

No one that got deleted today was deleted because they shared just an IP.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by bdbcoyote View Post
    I would like to know how IP and everything else works for Utopia. Our king and two of his friends work together and often play while at work and we were in a war and immediately surrendered because Utopia Admin decided to delete all three of their accounts at once. Leaving our kingdom without a monarch and dropping us 500k NW in one foul swoop. Just curious how all this works, and if our monarch returns we could only have him and we would lose the other two people. Just seems a bit ridiculous. There is just no way to verify people are unique besides IP? So if a kingdom all went to starbucks together you would delete a whole kingdom? I just don't understand. Please explain.
    Lemme guess: Farmer Joe was your monarch?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    No one that got deleted today was deleted because they shared just an IP.
    The monarch and other players have been in touch and they think it might be because of their provider?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rows_ View Post
    The monarch and other players have been in touch and they think it might be because of their provider?
    It's probably because they share the same body.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureflames View Post
    It's probably because they share the same body.
    If I thought it was a multi then I wouldn't even post.

We wouldn't be defending a multi if we thought that was the situation. Plus why would he create multiple slack and whatsapp accounts and have these people all talking in the in game chat. Most multi wouldn't go through all this trouble and I have played with the monarch for the last three ages and one of the other guys two ages and the other guy for one age. He has been asking people he works with to try and get us a bigger kingdom. I have asked people I work with if they wanted to play as well. Either way our monarch should be emailing bishop soon enough. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding and we get everyone back and just take a war loss and move on.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Regular
    This happened to my husband and I ALL the frigging time when he used to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Rows_ View Post
    The monarch and other players have been in touch
    No need for a thread then I guess, he can tell you all about it later.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information