Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why this game is loosing participants

Why this game is loosing participants

I just returned playing this game after a few years only to see that nothing has changed about bottomfeeders. I was kindly remembered about it bij ##:##. The basterds are attacking our kingdom eventhough they are twice our size. This was my last game ever if nothing is done about this. It removes all the joy of this game. I can accept one attack, or even 2, but not raping me all the time like they are doing now. I hope there is another large kingdom around who reads this and who does not do things like this and let them see how it feels. I also hope that in future the game is better protected against it. Like no war, then you can only attack within 10% of your networth.

Tags: nhạc chuông hay, can ho sun lang ha
    Last edited by adamjohnson; 21-11-2018 at 09:03.

Needs to get out more
    Well some of us retaliate no matter what. In my mind it comes down to valuing your principals, your royal self, over resources.

Resources can be replaced. I'm a traveler, or kingdom hopper in the common tongue. I've restarted as many as 5 provinces and adopted 2 in one age. I've run a solo province in a kingdom shell in age 63. I've never been PKd and I'm not saying that as if it can't happen, I'm saying it as a player who doesn't yield to power.

One of only two CFs I offered was to Binar(Pew2)who contacted me and requested me to send it after a retal exchange. He was polite and i respect that. The other was a well played undead war hero who was simply exchanging hits EoA. While I'm honed in on the challenges I mean no real harm. The top will want acres and war kingdoms will want war.

There are bullies out there but there's also a lot of nice people just playing their part. Don't regret your time and not doing the things you want to do in Utopia. Just like the rest of us there's somebody that wants what you have.

I explained this once from a roleplaying standpoint. My people are a noble people: peaceful and humble. If an enemy attacks my people they expect their leaders to defend the spirit of the land. Each person is resolute about their spiritual destiny and no test of power against this land goes unchallenged. We don't see death as the end. To not answer the challenge of the powerful is to die a thousands deaths.

Now anyone can play how they feel. In my kingdom I see guys get hit and they don't retal. That's up to them. If I get hit I retal even if I'm getting hammered. I watch the meter for my kingdoms sake. Still if it doesn't change I'll go past the meter and continue the assault.

Beyond this I normally recommend kingdoms build in retal capability in their kingdom strat. I usually just play what I feel and it's fine. Last age I got in an exchange with Panic Station two to one with my dwarf cleric. No hard feelings. This age I'm not really that war worthy but I'm experimenting with an undead sage. I've been hit plenty and in 2 cases I've unleashed amnesia on my aggressors.

You're a sage I take it? Just do what comes naturally. You'll feel better when it's done.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-09-2016 at 04:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    I agree, this is a huge issue. The game follows a downward tilt now, with the top all CFed and dipping deeply into their pools. They have "no choice" but to bottomfeed. They "can't" topfeed. Those darn CFs keeping them safe and defended.

However, I agree with StratO. Don't take their ****. Fight back with all you have and hurt them. You aren't free buffet, and better to make it known, if diplo fails. And sometimes, f*** diplo. Hit those f******.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    I agree, this is a huge issue. The game follows a downward tilt now, with the top all CFed and dipping deeply into their pools. They have "no choice" but to bottomfeed. They "can't" topfeed. Those darn CFs keeping them safe and defended.

However, I agree with StratO. Don't take their ****. Fight back with all you have and hurt them. You aren't free buffet, and better to make it known, if diplo fails. And sometimes, f*** diplo. Hit those f******.
    no matter what game mechanics you put into the game the players who are smart and know how to play this game will always take the "safe" acres until they need to actually fight in a hostile. To be honest there is no top or bottom feeding there is juts feeding. This isn't sim city people are going to be hit. If you play to the point where you are constantly hit then you are doing things very wrong or are playing with 24 other people who are playing terribly and they are allowing you to be left that wide open.

Here is what players need to understand. Weather you are war tier, honor farming or going for land/nw charts you have to remember all 3 goals of the game are within 1 ecosystem and that ecosystem lives off 1 major resource LAND. If you have it and are in range to lose it you will unless you can defend it. I said it before this is not sim city... you don't just play the game with 24 teammates and get to pick and choose who and when you are hit. Losing land sucks but come to realize it happens and if you are juicy you are juicy for a reason and its either you or the company you keep that is the reason you are that way.

Postaholic
    Nonsense.

,Eta: Do you not see one of the most profound Uto statements of all time?? StratO. I bow to you in this moment. This can hold true to life, too.

" I explained this once from a roleplaying standpoint. My people are a noble people: peaceful and humble. If an enemy attacks my people they expect their leaders to defend the spirit of the land. Each person is resolute about their spiritual destiny and no test of power against this land goes unchallenged. We don't see death as the end. To not answer the challenge of the powerful is to die a thousands deaths. "
    Last edited by Panthira; 01-09-2016 at 10:10.

Needs to get out more
    Thank you.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    As others have said, if someone is hitting you and you have a problem with it, do something about it

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    As others have said, if someone is hitting you and you have a problem with it, do something about it
    This game is losing participants because there is no TFC nor is there a real virtual KD. In fact, I would sign up for going with Strato's virtual KD set-up next age, if Palem builds another TFC. We can war!

Needs to get out more
    I'm trying, a little bit. The premise is to collect at least 3 of these fragmented kingdoms and combine them.

There's a lot of stubborn leaders who don't want to run divisions in a fully active kingdom. That's fair. I simply feel bad for them trying to recruit in quicksand. You see how any player other than me that posts in recruitment gets propositioned like a lotto winner in Vegas.

By merger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-09-2016 at 22:53.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    Its also not good to explore yourself into their net range either. They dont hit for bad gains unless they are proving a point for something you did

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Scribe
    winning 2 wars puts you right there in feeding range. so unless you land drop you can't help it.

Regular
    Loosing sniveling little ****s that cant handle being smacked down when they overestimate their potential isnt a problem.. I only pray they stop moaning in here about it and go back to playing Candy Crush..

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrahl View Post
    Loosing sniveling little ****s that cant handle being smacked down when they overestimate their potential isnt a problem.. I only pray they stop moaning in here about it and go back to playing Candy Crush..
    you seem to forget that without them you won't have a game in which you can bully people ;)

Regular
    I never bully anyone.. and I very seldom get bullied.. this age I have suffered exactly 1 attack, very early, a zero gain abduct.. my kd is mid tier, our RoE prevents us from bullying, and I feed mostly on similar size/nw provinces in similar kds - even though my thieves works perfectly well against similar provs in bottom KDs.. if someone in the top KDs random me I take their intel and store it in a leafpad doc, if the same KD does it again I keep tabs on them and try to screw them over when they hostile up with someone.. vengeance is a dish best served cold.. in ages where Ive been fed on from the top my strategy has been at fault - outgrowing my potential so to speak.. what I meant by my previous statement is that crying about it in the forums like little *****es is only souring the experience for the ones interested in learning from their mistakes and becoming stronger..
    Last edited by Grrahl; 02-09-2016 at 08:36. Reason: Grammar

Regular
    "Beyond this I normally recommend kingdoms build in retal capability in their kingdom strat."

StratOcastle should start a Guide Thread for Monarchs, teach them about **** like strategy.. just some basic principles so that they stop complaining and start playing

Thread Information