Thread: Undead Warrior Strat

Undead Warrior Strat

Hey, played utopia for many ages, but just started back after a few year off.
    Was wondering if I could get help with an undead/warrior build.

out of war, what should I be aiming for buildings?

for war, what am I transitioning to?

Wages.. should they be set at 150% when going into war or even higher.
    Draft rate, keep it at 70%
    I usually aim for a TPA of 1.5, is this still adequate?

Would love to hear an answer to this as well. I've been doing this build for oop for Undead/Tac, but the last time I played this game "The General" was still a personality type...
    20% Homes
    25% Banks
    15% TGs
    15% Guilds
    05% Towers
    07% Stables
    03% Dungeons
    10% to play with

Depends what are you going to aim for. A teammate of mine und/warr is running:
    25% barracks
    25% unis
    15% banks
    10% arms

He is making 2-3 abducts a day and pumping sci :).

For a war build I would suggest

20-30% homes(depends if you are going to be chain target or not)
    15% GS
    15% tg/barracks(if warr go for barracks; if tact go for tg)
    15% WTs
    15% hosp(for -def losses and slowing a chain)
    5% forts(the idea of this is to move 1-2 defspe/acre into 1-2 elite/acre and making your off more on troops than mods but your def more on mods than troops)
    8% guilds
    5% towers
    2% dungeons

Keeping army in/out and you shouldn't need stables. You can rebuild the stables at the beginning of the war.

EDIT: with 20% homes and 0 sci on housing you have 27 ppa.
    12 elites/acre
    6 defspecs/a(with 5-8% forts)
    2 tpa/ 2 wpa
    5 ppa.
    Last edited by Bo To; 09-09-2016 at 19:35.

I dont use homes. 25% Banks is swell. I dont use that many. TG I dont use those either as I already hit like a hammer. 15% guilds is nice, but I cast alot so I use 15% Towers also. I am Undead Rog so I have some TD and WT. I use 10% Stables as even my soldrs ride. 5% or more Dungeons as I send pris on every hit. Last I have 10% Universities. A few GS with any extra room. I keep my wages at 90% until I see action, then wahtever I can afford. I draft 70% Then more just before war. I have a 3 rTPA My bldgs almost never change fort, normal, war as I am VERY lazy. I do propganda to get wiz. My scitist change every few hours. Not the Profs, just the novice

@ Bo To: That is swell advise but I am too lazy to army in/army out all the time so I must use stables. RL happens and I dont attack w/o horse
    If I have acres coming in, it does not seem to matter if I am chain target. Army is ALWAYS out in war.
    Last edited by kendy; 09-09-2016 at 19:34.

Should you be running homes in war or destroying them for war? I know there's been a ton of talk about it in other threads but it makes sense to me to run homes during non-wartime for the extra births and then razing them for more space-efficient buildings once you start getting chained in war.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkz View Post
    Should you be running homes in war or destroying them for war? I know there's been a ton of talk about it in other threads but it makes sense to me to run homes during non-wartime for the extra births and then razing them for more space-efficient buildings once you start getting chained in war.
    Are you kidding?! Homes give more pop space :D. I should have said enough ;).

Needs to get out more
    Homes in war can depend on environment. In a top kingdom we ran a homes-pump for the population, then razed them and built war buildings. Top kingdoms tend to rely on their surplus of gold from the homes-pump to pay wages through war.

In lower tier kingdoms like I'm in now, you generally won't be lucky enough to get away with a pure homes-pump. I don't run homes in every war but I'm running them in our current war. I originally did it to draw more soldiers but since I'm taking a beating I'm using them for rejuvenation.

If you're chained hard then homes can bite you back by exposing you to overpopulation. You can levy this by judicious use of animate dead, town watch and love and peace. Always keep a decent percentage of guilds. Here's why: warriors have no way to augment their theft or magic defenses, so you will be subject to rune theft, gold theft, etc. Since your rune count will be decidedly low you'll need reliability in your casting of the spells I mentioned above. I go into most wars with 15% guilds. Guilds are fundamental to self spell reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

That makes sense, thanks!

Thread Information