Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with the new SCIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Unless of course you are sitting passively waiting for scientists to spawn.
    Worst idea you say :).

Unless of course you are sitting passively waiting for scientists to spawn.
    What else can you do? Abduct and get another 0 scientist?
    This science stays a joke. It's close to year 4 and i have 26 scientists. At this rate i will have my average 80 in 32 weeks. What a cool new sci system....

Quote Originally Posted by JokerX View Post
    This science stays a joke. It's close to year 4 and i have 26 scientists. At this rate i will have my average 80 in 32 weeks. What a cool new sci system....
    Its not at all difficult to abduct scientists. Try staying out of fortified more.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Out of due respect and i definately will sound rash and i dont care if i get ban for it...
    Last edited by Bishop; 06-09-2016 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Out of due respect and i definately will sound rash and i dont care if i get ban for it...
    You wont get banned for posting with due respect, but you will for flaming people. If you'd like to actually converse then come back when you can post appropriately.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by JokerX View Post
    I'm with 25. I hope I will be able to get to 45-50 by the end of the age :D.

Veteran
    I like the new science system. Swapping scientists is a cool feature. The randomness factor is a bit too random. There really is a big difference between the lucky ones and the unfortunate. The problem is that there is no real way ingame to correct this. You can only hope that kingdom wide you'll have about equal science compared to your opponent. Bu when you're the guy on 24 scientist and others have 37 then you're in a tough spot. This point need some tweaking. Maybe have labratories work in a similair way as Guilds? Simply create number of scientist per tick like 0.01 wizard per 10% labs. That way players have a bit more control over how quickly they generate science.

Scribe
    I dislike what's missing from the new science.
    I know Zauper says it wasn't a challenge to get science before but there are 100s of people that felt it was. If someone couldn't spend a lot of time in the game and couldn't be pumped to be a great attacker or tm they could still get science. Now they get gold instead but that's far more easily stolen.
    science used to increase activity. I know it may sound silly to active kingdoms. but people logged in to boast about their science or at least compare it to their kingdom mates. nobody does that now because it's luck based and instead of a friendly competition between mates it causes a rift because the game favored one over the other.
    There were even players whose sole goal was to mass as much science as they possibly could.
    It's taken away one form of competition. And even in the very active top kingdoms there was internal competition about science. dead and gone now :(

Postaholic
    On the plus side, Monarchs everywhere are rejoicing that now it is substantially harder for people to pump science when they were supposed to be drafting and training for war :D

There is always that one guy that "doesn't see" the order to turn sci off, and end up with lots of sci, and asking for gc/soldier aid to actually prepare for the war. This is gone now (for the most part). :D

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    On the plus side, Monarchs everywhere are rejoicing that now it is substantially harder for people to pump science when they were supposed to be drafting and training for war :D

There is always that one guy that "doesn't see" the order to turn sci off, and end up with lots of sci, and asking for gc/soldier aid to actually prepare for the war. This is gone now (for the most part). :D
    lol for once we agree. that was a pain sometimes. but if i have to choose between a province that logs in to admire their books or a province that doesn't log in, i'll take the one logging in

Post Demon
    well if you all just want to be sour about science and not do a thing to increase or protect it feel free to do so. Rather than get stuck with a lot of resurces at home I prefer to use them to improve my province. That means I focus on abducts while my kd fellors pump wpa, it means I've sucesfully abducted 12 scientists so far and most of them within the last week. It also means I've recently hit 50 scientists while most of my kd fellors is 10 or more behind, and I'm increasing the number on a daily basis.

It is easy to gain from 31-35 scientist people on no protection, make sure they are in range for max gains and their kd is a few hundred k nw above or below yours, also check for sage and gb protection and proceed with SoS, should the target have a lot of scientists, say 38 or more check their survey too as those could have protection. Attackers are easiest to get intel on, but as they could likely retal and mess up your province you'll need to prevent re abducts with Universities and protect against land gains with GS. I've only been attacked twice, once from someone whos intel I took, and that was trad march for crappy gains, so I ambushed, once I got dubbeled for 0 scientists by someone I abducted from before, and I took two more on my return hits.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    well if you all just want to be sour about science and not do a thing to increase or protect it feel free to do so. Rather than get stuck with a lot of resurces at home I prefer to use them to improve my province. That means I focus on abducts while my kd fellors pump wpa, it means I've sucesfully abducted 12 scientists so far and most of them within the last week. It also means I've recently hit 50 scientists while most of my kd fellors is 10 or more behind, and I'm increasing the number on a daily basis.

It is easy to gain from 31-35 scientist people on no protection, make sure they are in range for max gains and their kd is a few hundred k nw above or below yours, also check for sage and gb protection and proceed with SoS, should the target have a lot of scientists, say 38 or more check their survey too as those could have protection. Attackers are easiest to get intel on, but as they could likely retal and mess up your province you'll need to prevent re abducts with Universities and protect against land gains with GS. I've only been attacked twice, once from someone whos intel I took, and that was trad march for crappy gains, so I ambushed, once I got dubbeled for 0 scientists by someone I abducted from before, and I took two more on my return hits.
    and how is running endless abducts exactly any more fun or any less time extensive than the science pump that it was supposed to get rid of?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    and how is running endless abducts exactly any more fun or any less time extensive than the science pump that it was supposed to get rid of?
    You can abduct in warbuild. This makes your kingdom so much more flexible to deal with sudden treats. Last age, you had to convert to a science pump build, release a good chunk of your army and without CFs in place you would get raped on a daily basis because you're easy acres when you just have 30% of your pop in military. Getting waved while in science pump mode is a real pain as you first need to draft up, pay for the training and then convert to warbuild if you wish to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    It encourages interaction between KDs...

Post Demon
    it makes you do something usefull when your king tells you we are gooing to pump wizards on t/m's for 2 weeks and we have a cap that means I don't need to grow. Just making the most out of an otherwise booring situation, any good player should do that I think, and it will give somewhat of an edge during the age if I can keep that lead in scientists.

Thread Information