Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghetto Nightmare VS Checkmate

Ghetto Nightmare VS Checkmate

I know people only like tracking "top wars", but has anyone been tracking the Ghetto Nightmare vs Checkmate war that has been going on for almost 3 weeks now?

Is there an update on this. Just by looking at the stats it has been neck and neck the whole way.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    Looks like both KDs are inviting new provs in to try turn the tides haha
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

I wonder if this will turn into an age long war. If they manage to fight on for a good 10-12 weeks, I think they should get a crown just for endurance :-p
    - unknown

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I wonder if this will turn into an age long war. If they manage to fight on for a good 10-12 weeks, I think they should get a crown just for endurance :-p
    Haha yeah man seriously when was the last time you saw an MP?! **** that! WOuld prefer to WD than MP!

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

I wrote a detailed analysis of the war in quick reply, and it didn't save =_=.

TL;DR: We surrendered up 1500 acres because we didn't want to keep inviting provinces to match them and drag it out even longer than it had to be .

Quote Originally Posted by RookAvalon View Post
    I wrote a detailed analysis of the war in quick reply, and it didn't save =_=.

TL;DR: We surrendered up 1500 acres because we didn't want to keep inviting provinces to match them and drag it out even longer than it had to be .
    What kd are you part of?
    - unknown

Veteran
    Apperently checkmate withdrew. Judging from the number of player in each kingdom Ghettonightmare did a better job recruiting

The 3 years war has finished. RIP Avlan, never forget

I'm Checkmate's steward. We did a perfectly executed T/M hollow-out (after a ton of whining in the forums for us to surrender, mind you).

Then the recruiting spree started when we dropped their networth by 270k in a day

Veteran
    I'd love to hear a full war summary if any of you guys feels like sparing the time to write up the details? How did both KDs play things out? Why did the WD take so long? Would Checkmate have eventually won?

Recruiting provs to try to win a war is pathetic

My Raging Clue

edit
    Last edited by Wolfgang GN; 27-01-2017 at 17:07.

We let their attackers get too many peasants in the first week, so they got a second wind.

That and the recruiting was why it lasted so long.

It was a fun war, but tiring. I had 59 uniques. I'm still waking up at 3 am out of habit.

editr
    Last edited by Wolfgang GN; 27-01-2017 at 17:07.

Regular
    I play in Ghetto Nightmare.

It was a tough, close war that went on for as a long as it had to, given MP is unheard of nowadays. Although my own activity was awful, I think we just about edged the war in terms of activity, unique counts and the dragon game, and eventually got our act together with peasant control. I thought Checkmate stuck in admirably and did a good job of evening out the networth twice, but it never really felt like we were going to lose. The networth fluctuated for both kingdoms, usually down to new provinces joining or dying, and it was largely a slugfest.
    It felt like we were always winning, but we actually won mostly because we had built unbreakables and were able to make them tell against their larger t/m's. A mostly fun war that must have been difficult to withdraw from, so respect to Checkmate for having the guts to do so and having some superb players and strategies. I'm proud of our collective performance and glad to have blooded some of our new players. We don't always win the insanely long wars, so it's pleasant to have won this one.

Lastly, although it was mostly civil considering the length of the war, there was a bit of a pissing contest in the war forums halfway through. I hope not to see the same bull**** here.

/Tilted

Scribe
    impressive number of uniques! I bet y'all are tired now. Great to see a long fair war. congrats to both

Thread Information