Thread: Strategy?

Strategy?

Don't know if this is the right forum location. Trying to find a method/strat to save a kingdom.

Need strategy to oust a monarch and his buddies from our small kingdom. The monarch has himself as the steward.

We are an average of 400-750 acres, but we have 3 people who are close to / now breaking 2000 acres while everyone else is sub-800. The monarch is doing ops on us 'to see how we are doing' and is going to stances that benefit him or his 2k+ acreage buddy. If we criticize our stance or criticize them growing, we get talked down to. Our flag was put up about because we 'whine too much' and supposedly references that the kingdom 'wets the bed'.

I am pushing about 48,000 offense right now. But I don't think I can catch them (i just broke 600 acres) to pull them down. Our kingdom now only has about 4 or so active provinces. I think everyone else gave up on the game. We just lost one of our most active players when 'PPS' below happened (a few hours ago).

So, is there a strategy or method to get that guy out of office or better yet, vote him off the island?
    We are trying a political overthrow, but the monarch seat needs 12 votes in our kingdom and he's also the steward. I think at best us actives can scrounge about 8-10 maximum. If we can't oust him, I'm not going to be too upset. It's sunny outside, and Lord knows I need the walk. Any ideas?

PS: One of our actives told the monarch in the kingdom forums to stop doing ops on him, which broke into a two page mess. The monarch responded with, '...whine too much. You're lucky I don't just kill you.'

PPS: Another of our actives told the monarch that spying on us is wrong. One of the three big boys (maybe he has multiple accounts) attacked the guy 3 times for over 200 acres. All that guy did was tell the monarch that spying is not right!

Options.
    1: leave
    2: grow along with him
    3: spend weeks intra opping and bouncing him while he razes you.

If he was a solo prov you'd have no issues with 3. If he has two mates backing him up then I would go for 1 or 2.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    If there are enough votes to keep him in monarchy, that sounds like another part of your problem.

Hm.

Hm. I see. Thank you for the inputs!

From those options, I'm going to try the randomizing thing in Preferences.
    Going to just tell the others to decide their own fates as well.

Thanks again! And good luck out there fellow provinces!

Enthusiast
    Go to recruitment area of these forums for best results.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Post Demon
    One quick note - many ok kingdoms will take intel internally sometimes. While they'll usually use an intel site and ask for regular updates (or auto-posting when you log in), some do fine without that and might need to know stuff at certain times. (Even stronger kingdoms will *require* auto-post intel, or commitment to post if you can't get auto - they wouldn't even mention sometimes taking intel, they'd just do it if they needed it, since they are wasting their stealth to cover up your laziness. *You'll* be the one getting grief if they have to do it.)

This is not to say what your king is up to is good or normal - sounds like a bad place, and getting out is almost certainly your best bet personally (leave griefing them to someone who's been around the block a few times). But the intel part you need to change your expectations a little too IMO.

If the other people in the kingdom are active, you can maybe get them invited as a block to another kingdom that is rebuilding. You'd probably need them (or you) to post the credits for the move though, since you're an unknown and groups of players are usually trouble. (If it doesn't cost the kingdom any RL money though, someone will take a chance on you.) Don't try this if the only real common point your kingdom has is this king problem though, at least a few are flakes, and that'll reflect badly on you as the "face" of the group.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Understood

I see.

Posting my stats on a site that the entire kingdom can see makes sense for planning. As long as only our folks can see it. This kingdom doesn't use anything like that though. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

I appreciate the insight, Ethan.

Also you can move 3 people to a new kingdom and getv7 more free invites, so if you want you can move most of your kingdom out together.

Definetly do not defect though, its crap. Use the recruitment tools.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Would be organizing a wave of the Monarch and his two buddies be legit at this point? :P

Postaholic
    Are you Looking for a war kd. We might be interested in 2 peeps as long as your active and can team play.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Demon
    If the kingdom has 3 big provinces and hardly any other active, and the leadership just want to grow there would be no other reason for them to take your intel than to control you and ensure you can not become a threat to them. They won't go to war like that, so they should not care about how well you are dooing.

There is a few people that unfortunately take delight in destroying their own kingdoms, leaving would be the best choice of action, and I hardly think you can defect to a worse kingdom.

@Stokes. If you choose to leave, Draft Punks are willing to take a few active ppl in. PM me.
    Monarch - Draft Punks a.k.a Defiance
    Ex - HaLL of Force, Grinners KLA.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Inka View Post
    @Stokes. If you choose to leave, Draft Punks are willing to take a few active ppl in. PM me.
    Yes, these guys are cool, Stokes. Civil war in Utopia is akin to hot garbage. Additionally these 3 adventurers may be trying to grow to FSU and the rest of the kingdom will be collateral damage.

Players shouldn't be afraid to pursue recruitment. You can always message each other if you end up in different kingdoms. Look to Neanderthal if you want to join a magnificent war kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes View Post
    I see. Posting my stats on a site that the entire kingdom can see makes sense for planning. As long as only our folks can see it
    Our kingdom now only has about 4 or so active provinces.

Stokes.You need 2 more post to receive private msgs. Bishops advise is sound. Move 3 invite 7, or all of you join our KD. We have some room and like to war. How many in your KD? 4? We can handle that easy. We have 3 abandons or near abandons. Once your in we kill your king for revenge. I hate Big Bullies unless its me. Just kiddin leave him to be fodder for the TOPS. They like to hit big loaners.

Thread Information