Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Try and help me understand

Regular

Try and help me understand

I don't get this.

I am an Elf/Mystic T/M (far more emphasis on the M) with 800 elites for hitting chained targets dumb enough to release all of their defense. All the rest of my troops are d-specs and thieves. At 1320 acres, I had almost 15k (8 point) d-specs, and over 5.5k thieves. EDIT: This is roughly 110DPA, at over 11 d-specs per acre, and nearly 150k defense.

Some guy, who was 934 acres, recently broke me. This person has 88.8% drafted troops, 2 tools scientists (for 1.6% BE bonus), and 3k peasants. First of all, he has over 185OPA which allowed him to break me, and is incredibly stupid. Secondly, he has a higher BE than me. I only have 4 tools scientists, but am only drafted at 60%. Proportionally, I had roughly double the number of peasants that he does. How does this make any sense at all?

As a tangential side-note, I think something needs to be done about the ridiculous offense numbers on a few races, or at least we T/Ms need a better way to defend ourselves out of war. Because there is literally nothing I can do about this person, 400 acres smaller, who just broke me. And that's outrageously dumb.
    Last edited by tehboomer; 11-09-2016 at 02:26.

Forum Fanatic
    8 d-specs per acre is weak for a mage. Thats why smaller people can hit you. Your comparing his land to yours instead of his net.Hes pumped more and your running weak defense. will happen every time.

Id normally say your about 1 per acre atleast short on specs.Plus when you cant retal it makes it easier to suicide on you by attackers
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 11-09-2016 at 02:26.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    I had more than 11 per acre...8 POINT d-specs.

Forum Fanatic
    yes i know what elf d-specs are.you asked a question and i answered you. if you wish to argue then thats your issue again.editing your post doesnt change the answer.your comparing land sizes to net.hes pumped and you cant retal. easy hit
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 11-09-2016 at 02:30.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    I don't understand how I'm argueing. You said 8 per acre, I was clarifying.

EDIT: Are you saying that 110 (nearly 120) DPA is still low?

Needs to get out more
    Perhaps some of us can help you mechanically and strategically. Personally I don't build t/ms or unbreakability into a strat. I use balance of force, so in my case I'm much more oriented toward elite armies for flexibility. Essentially I run hybrids if I'm in a t/m state of mind.

Your concept is sound enough, but the problem is that until your in a top kingdom somebody will always be bigger. Still I've seen the concept work, so yours is primarily a mechsnical issue that can be addressed with simple math.
    Some of the mean hearted will criticize you, but ignore them till a good soul can recommend a proper strat.

Keep having fun, and don't let them win. You're talking to a guy that beats the odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Whatever the case may be for his offense and ability to break me, that's not really my question. It's a frustration, but not where I'm confused. He has 88.8% draft and 185 OPA. It's ridiculous that he can do these things and break me with the huge difference in our size, but that's moot.

My confusion is regarding BE. He has 3k peasants at 23k max pop. I had nearly 3 times this ratio, and he has 2% higher BE than me. He also has less tools scientists than I do, and I don't understand how that is possible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tehboomer View Post
    I had nearly 3 times this ratio, and he has 2% higher BE than me. He also has less tools scientists than I do, and I don't understand how that is possible at all.
    He could be Sage w/ +30% sci effectiveness. That's one possibility.

Regular
    He's Orc/Tact

Needs to get out more
    What about his build strategy. How many homes did he build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    What about his build strategy. How many homes did he build?
    0 Homes.

His only increased pop was from 11 scientists.

Housing 11 +3.5% Population Limits

For comparison, I have 10% homes and Housing 10 +4.5% Population Limits scientists.

Enthusiast
    BE takes a while to drop. He pumped up to the high draft running very high homes and keeping a good BE, prob while in fort or eowcf, then razed the homes and went into attack build.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Postaholic
    You can have 100% military. Min BE is 50% I believe.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    BE takes a while to drop. He pumped up to the high draft running very high homes and keeping a good BE, prob while in fort or eowcf, then razed the homes and went into attack build.
    Ahhhhh. That makes sense. I never would have considered this as a possibility. Thank you.

I was running a 250dpa Avian last age that still had offense last age trying to prevent a razekill on me. This was a fresh prov with no science; war hero marquis. What I'm saying is 110dpa is nothing unbreakable by any margin, I still managed to get broken by a larger halfling and after retaliating an Undead I've contracted the plague. Things only went downhill from there.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Thread Information