Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Try and help me understand

Drafting to only 60% and not having the ability to retal is basically begging to be hit. You are a 100% free hit standing alone, and having to post this question on forums, your kingdom is prolly zero protection (having kingdom mates who can retal can work as your protection).

Any decent attacker should hit you - you offer free land at the moment.

Possible solutions:
    - Draft much higher, thus increasing dpa a lot. 70% drafted is prolly not a bad goal (note this will prolly not make you UB)
    - Get more elites, allowing you to ambush
    - Join a better kingdom, one that protects its t/m's

110dpa is low for a TM.

Quote Originally Posted by tehboomer View Post
    EDIT: Are you saying that 110 (nearly 120) DPA is still low?
    Yes it's very low, any halfassed attacker can get 120+ opa without too much effort.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Get more homes, forts, draft deeper next time.

Orcses should more than easily be able to 1x 110 dpa, then 3x enemy core.
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 11-09-2016 at 14:44.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Post Fiend
    TGet to 15dspa and high fort high homes, like 25% each? But most importantly there ahould be attackers around your size to help retal the hits.
    Last edited by Paradise; 11-09-2016 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    BE takes a while to drop. He pumped up to the high draft running very high homes and keeping a good BE, prob while in fort or eowcf, then razed the homes and went into attack build.
    I'm going to have to say this is probably 99% correct. Given that, being only 60% drafted is rather low. As someone mentioned, 70% is a nice goal to reach for.

Your draft is really low. I also am elf/m and I started my current war at 1130a with 14k def specs, 5.5k thieves and I had 150k+ def. You are 200a larger and have same numbers. Get 30% homes with 20% forts and draft to ~65%(more if you have full pop sci).

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Your draft is really low. I also am elf/m and I started my current war at 1130a with 14k def specs, 5.5k thieves and I had 150k+ def. You are 200a larger and have same numbers. Get 30% homes with 20% forts and draft to ~65%(more if you have full pop sci).
    If one assumes 10% farms, that only leaves 40% for WTs (probably not entirely necessary, but no one wants to get hit with AW runs), Banks, Guilds, Towers, and TDs. How do you war like this without getting wrecked? Tons of thief losses on ops, easy for Halfer/Rogue to AW, low gold and rune production...how does this work, exactly?

Don't run banks in war.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Don't run banks in war.
    Don't run banks as a T/M? That sounds ludicrous to me. Care to back that up with an explanation as to why?

You don't need them and there are more important building s. I don't think I've ever ran them in war.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

My starting war build
    30% homes
    20% forts
    15% wts
    20% guilds
    6.5% towers(I had huge stockpile)
    8.5% farms(I have food sci)

Once I'm UB I start rebuilding the forts into banks/towers. Current(after 1.5 days war)
    30% homes
    18% banks(some still being under construction)
    14% Wts(started with 5 tpa now 4.7)
    20% guilds
    10% towers(with max sci there I make 3.6k runes/tick, ms costs less)
    8% farms

My main problem is the lack of scientists. I have only 28, 16 are maxed on channeling and I have only 12 to allocate. I either have to move them around or keep them in 1 place and max the bonus there.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by tehboomer View Post
    Don't run banks as a T/M? That sounds ludicrous to me. Care to back that up with an explanation as to why?
    Banks are bad in war except in very rare situations that you are probably not in.

Needs to get out more
    Well, you shouldn't run banks in war. It's more important to an elf with big responsibilities.

I run banks in war almost by accident. I'm pretty easy about my war builds and they just happen to be there. But listen to these top guys. They're doing you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Well, you shouldn't run banks in war. It's more important to an elf with big responsibilities.

I run banks in war almost by accident. I'm pretty easy about my war builds and they just happen to be there. But listen to these top guys. They're doing you right.
    I definitely will listen, but "do what I say because I said so" does not a knowledgeable player, make.

Thread Information