Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A request to the Admins. Protect interests of larger KDs.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    I am recruiting for next age to do this exact same thing to all top kingdoms. Let me know if you want to continue the fun.
    I might lend you a few of my KDs to help you. How many you need?

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousBoy View Post
    You say hitting into a war is something frowned upon, but is okay in this case coz we are the bigger KD. I also know no one can help it as a human mind is hardwired to go for the underdogs. Since we are larger and they are small, its okay, despite the fact that we made the umpteenth attempt to solve this thing. So, hitting into wars is fine as long as you are a smaller KD..
    You went into war without clearing previous relations, them hitting into war is quite predictable because why the hell would they pause their grudge just because you want to war?
    When diplo failed because you refused their offer for being unreasonable then you shouldn't have gone into new relations without clearing prior relations by wiping that kingdom as many times as it took for them to agree to CF. You're essentially "running" from a conflict and there is plenty of top kd precedents about what happens when a kd tries to run from a conflict.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Needs to get out more
    Just a reminder: I won't condemn or criticize you, AnonymousBoy.

I sympathize with what you're going through as a kingdom. The problem with coming to the forum is that you'll be lavished with critisism, if you have a particular promblem. Critics tend to be republicans when it's your problem and democrats when it's theirs.

On balance I'd say people tend to pile on around here when a guy just needs a moment to vent. I hope to remind all that barking out a crap storm on an already frustrated player isn't good for the health of Utopia. But I still like you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU9Dsl89UGo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    I am recruiting for next age to do this exact same thing to all top kingdoms. Let me know if you want to continue the fun.
    I think there's a recruitment thing we have going on somewhere. I don't have enough time to do daily banners or in game banters so there's a different regent basically taking point on everything but we still have the Savage Spirit

I think most ghetto and some sub T-50 KDs will never consider having done what they did to Anonboy. Most newly formed or struggling mid-tier KDs wont take the chance to ruin the fun of their people for 1 or 2 weeks just to get revenge later on people that doesn't really matter to them anyways.

Knowing this...its obvious that almost all consistently chart topping KDs believe this too and they would ALWAYS take advantage of these situations every time they present themselves (who wouldn't, free land anyone?)

Show the nubs who is boss, teach them a lesson for hitting into you randomly or for retaling the hit you decided to make into them. Regardless on how it starts, most of the time it ends the way the bigger KD wanted it to end.

If anything...this is a blueprint for all the smaller KDs who couldn't imagine how to really get the respect you deserve when a bigger KD starts to bully using their position.

If the bigger KD would have just ACCEPTED worse terms than desired FOR A CHANGE...then they would have not made enemies.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 17-09-2016 at 19:04.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

I will happily join an FSU effort next age. Really. So much more fun than anything else.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    Agreed, DonJuan. I like to get it out of the way at the time of engagement. I'm usually alone and I've been criticized for jeopardizing players who don't understand the system. Now maybe that big kingdom will CF but, as we know, kingdoms of the competitive order watch each other. If one farms a hapless t/m, that t/m can be assured further harassment.

~ you are a safe hit ~

- for honor
    - for acres
    - for scientists
    - for gold
    - for escaping meteors
    - for taxes

While I feel retaliation is generally the correct action, I think I'll explain further. If retaliation is correct for an organized kingdom, it is doubly so for an unorganized kingdom. To not have a reliable core or strategic navigation to rely on it comes down to those who step up for the kingdom. When players come and go and monarchy is disrespected the last bastion of hope are those willing to fight against all odds.

So many see it differently.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 17-09-2016 at 21:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I will happily join an FSU effort next age. Really. So much more fun than anything else.
    If you're willing to put up with noobness you can join my ghetto this age! We have a human/tact ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    You went into war without clearing previous relations, them hitting into war is quite predictable because why the hell would they pause their grudge just because you want to war?
    When diplo failed because you refused their offer for being unreasonable then you shouldn't have gone into new relations without clearing prior relations by wiping that kingdom as many times as it took for them to agree to CF. You're essentially "running" from a conflict and there is plenty of top kd precedents about what happens when a kd tries to run from a conflict.
    ^ This! It basically sums it up, IMO.
    #magi

I like to post
    I'm fine with Eldallan's reading but I also understand the OP's point. If ANY warring KD on the server would get fed on by a top-KD and refused to surrender and then proceeded to raze into said top-KD's next war, they would be GBed. If I had a problem with another KD and would just razekill them into their next war there would be outrage. While most of the community agrees that diplo should be sorted first, I think most also agree that war should provide some protection. We're not talking about them throwing 4-5 waves without diplo into another KD, or stealing gold just before entering a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    If you're willing to put up with noobness you can join my ghetto this age! We have a human/tact ready to go!
    I dunno, a new KD of morons decided to pick a fight with me. I may need to spend time razing into their wars. If you want you can join me in my crusade of being contrary!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I'm fine with Eldallan's reading but I also understand the OP's point. If ANY warring KD on the server would get fed on by a top-KD and refused to surrender and then proceeded to raze into said top-KD's next war, they would be GBed. If I had a problem with another KD and would just razekill them into their next war there would be outrage. While most of the community agrees that diplo should be sorted first, I think most also agree that war should provide some protection. We're not talking about them throwing 4-5 waves without diplo into another KD, or stealing gold just before entering a war.
    See, I am good with this. If a top KD makes it seem to me like razing into their wars is the right move, I will do it and I will laugh myself silly while they GB me. But that is because I am completely goal-less at this point and I truly do not care.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

You could always join my kingdom Sheister, we piss off a lot of people on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    See, I am good with this. If a top KD makes it seem to me like razing into their wars is the right move, I will do it and I will laugh myself silly while they GB me. But that is because I am completely goal-less at this point and I truly do not care.
    ^^^ That is exactly how it must be. I make it very clear we will retal. Top kd or not. Pushing us further will result in razes into war.

Ok, they could GB and Razekill us, but that is also the reason we build a kd of friends rather than professional players. We could afford to annoy the top kd all age and the next and the next without losing the fun factor.
    Last edited by Inka; 18-09-2016 at 01:41.
    Monarch - Draft Punks a.k.a Defiance
    Ex - HaLL of Force, Grinners KLA.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousBoy View Post
    Remember here that the goal here is not gains, but the opponent's losses.
    -75% gain on a chained province of ours amounted to 15 acres per hit. Took 12 hits to PK him once he was ~200 acres.
    The problem is that griefers will grief. They have no bonds to their kingdom, no care for their province, they are just getting their rocks off by giving their egos an outlet. If you care about your kingdom and province, you will be the loser.
    Sheister admitting he's griefing in this thread sums it up. He just gets pleasure from it because he has no goals this age.
    Little you can do, and Strato is right when he says all you will get from posting in here is a lot of critical hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    The problem is that griefers will grief. They have no bonds to their kingdom, no care for their province, they are just getting their rocks off by giving their egos an outlet. If you care about your kingdom and province, you will be the loser.
    Sheister admitting he's griefing in this thread sums it up. He just gets pleasure from it because he has no goals this age.
    Little you can do, and Strato is right when he says all you will get from posting in here is a lot of critical hot air.
    I actually did not get that impression from Sheister. I think Sheister is just having fun playing the game and he thinks its amusing when kingdoms try and bully him. And he is also happy that he is teaching other players how to stand up for their selves as well.

The impression of the OP I have is that he is a ghetto bully who picked on the wrong kingdom.
    #magi

Thread Information