Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The U vs Sparta

Veteran
    This isnīt a big conspiracy. Would be nice if people didnīt assume conspiracy simply because Sparta is involved. Iīm not even in their KD but the constant ****-slinging is tiresome when there has never been any proof shown for any accusation made against them. Most of the players in this game would ask for proof if they were accused of something, yet they feel that basic civility doesnīt apply to Bart?

Anyway, I donīt mind seeing the farm out this time. We (the community, I mean) want to expand the competition at the top, not kill it. People complain about there only being a few KDs in the running for land/nw crowns. They complain that the race is over by yr 6. But they are also complaining that Sparta is involved in that race, and they are now complaining that Sparta has jumped up the rankings again? Heaven forbid big KDs rely on methods other than tax to get to the top and cause problems for their competition...

Hate will come whatever you do Bart, but I personally enjoy seeing the shake up. Go for it man.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Man I love Bart, but please, it's not like this treatment towards him is anything special at all and if anything he brought it on himself... Stop white knighting...
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Man I love Bart, but please, it's not like this treatment towards him is anything special at all and if anything he brought it on himself... Stop white knighting...
    You can call it white knighting if you want. Iīm just trying to offer an opinion that isnīt accusation and accusation only. Whatever, Iīm not here to get in a massive argument with you over whether Iīm allowed to do that without being patronised.

PS Scheffie is wicked smaht and not totally **** ugly
    Last edited by s0830887; 26-09-2016 at 17:28.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

I'm just wondering where the white knights go when some other KDs get poo flung at them out of no reason at all, like I've seen accusations from no substance at all, way worse than this.

BTW last age I complained about the age being over YR2 (not YR6 - that would have been wishful thinking) in terms of whoring, come science change, age still pretty competitive 6+ weeks in.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I'm just wondering where the white knights go when some other KDs get poo flung at them out of no reason at all, like I've seen accusations from no substance at all, way worse than this.

BTW last age I complained about the age being over YR2 (not YR6 - that would have been wishful thinking) in terms of whoring, come science change, age still pretty competitive 6+ weeks in.
    So essentially if I want to defend anyone at all I need to defend absolutely everyone against absolutely everything?

Honestly, my forum input is mostly limited to the occasional attempt to offer support in strategy, or vague attempts to mediate. I donīt get involved particularly often. I know that no-one cares. But I will continue to occasionally attempt to ease the mob-hate in here, because generally the tone is quite negative, and I absolutely love this game and wish the environment here was more welcoming to new players.

My Raging Clue

Regular
    Only conspiracy going on here are in your nutjob minds.

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    So essentially if I want to defend anyone at all I need to defend absolutely everyone against absolutely everything?

Honestly, my forum input is mostly limited to the occasional attempt to offer support in strategy, or vague attempts to mediate. I donīt get involved particularly often. I know that no-one cares. But I will continue to occasionally attempt to ease the mob-hate in here, because generally the tone is quite negative, and I absolutely love this game and wish the environment here was more welcoming to new players.
    Nah I was just wondering why anyone would spring to the occasion to defend Bart and not someone else, the same way I wonder why anyone would build the pyramids. I guess some people just like him.

Mob-hate? It was one guy?

This brings me to the theory behind polarizing personalities, and why that is actually something to strive for, I'm not in the mood to try and start to explain why. Here's the first thing I found on the internet: http://www.selfstairway.com/polarizing/ - just scratches the surface imo, if you want to know more look it up yourself I guess.

Veteran
    My involvement in this thread was a perfect storm of three things:

1) I actually like Bart. He has always been decent to me, and I have found him easy to work with. He is super 'Sparta Sparta Sparta!!!' (in the kind of way that you meet some Americans and they're just totally obsessed with America) but I understand it - lots of KDs are held together very much by sheer force of personality from the central leadership figure.

2) I dunno, I guess the constant conspiracy theories piss me off? They seem super Sparta-orientated this last age - I mean, in ages past there has often been at least a hint of proof, but this age has just kinda been a mud-slinging fest, which disappoints me. FWIW I defended Jesters when they had that husband and wife couple deleted, even though I have a terrible relationship with Jesters.

3) I had RL work to do but I didn't want to do it

Do I really come across as 'trying to please everyone'? I don't like the suggestion that 'if you disagree with me, it's because you want everyone to like you'. I'm not sure that's what you meant though. Sending me that link is basically saying 'you are vanilla and boring and you're only that way because you're trying to please everyone, which is the wrong thing to do. Be more like me'. I agree with you that thinking on the outside of a group is incredibly valuable, but just because you provide a link doesn't mean you're the guy who's got it right and I have it wrong. I don't know you at all. You don't know me at all. Anyway, if anything I would say the majority have been anti-Bart lately, so if anything my post here is 'polarizing'.

Btw, I lived in Egypt last year. The pyramids (the main ones - the Giza ones) are right in the city. We would drive past them going in or out of Maadi, the expat-y area with expat-y stuff. The first time you see them they're ****ing awesome, but at some point they just become a big brown stack of rocks and are totally not cool anymore.
    Last edited by s0830887; 26-09-2016 at 22:30.

My Raging Clue

No, you don't come across as anything to me yet except that you are probably above averagely intelligent (you can call me intrigued if you want). What exactly do we disagree on? I've only said the treatment Bart receives is the same as anyone else in his position would or different because they either like or don't like him (as you've confirmed yourself) - this is why I posted the link (Bart is the polarizing personality), not to belittle you in any way, just my way of exploring the wonders of the world.
    I'm actually saying be yourself, doesn't matter if I like you or not or if you are like me at all (a general statement, not necessarily directed at you).
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 26-09-2016 at 22:59.

Veteran
    Consider it a text-based miscommunication then. I thought you were telling me I had to be polarizing, but you weren't. I agree with you that polarizing personalities are very useful at times. Donald Trump has never been more famous. We generally want the average member of society to be gentle, kind, and compassionate, but we often want our leaders to be rough brutes, because that's what we need a lot of the time.

Bart has generally been pleasant to me in diplo. I tend to believe his general accounting of things - however, I am always aware that leaders want the maximum benefit they can get for their KD. As long as you appreciate that standpoint, diplo is usually fine. I have leaned towards defending him in this instance because I know him t0 some extent. However, I understand that my opinion is hardly fact or proof of anything. I just felt like offering a defense. And honestly, I was really pushing hard against doing my work.

PS Scheffie just kicked my ass in war, so I'm going to follow him round the forums and disagree with him to be 'that guy'.

PPS I said I wasn't going to get involved in a forum argument, and then I went and got involved in a forum argument.

My Raging Clue

I AM saying everyone should try to be more polarizing if they want to lead a more (/an even more) successful life (I'll be the last person to tell anyone what they absolutely have to be though - honestly that sounds pathological to me)... Like I said that article I linked barely scratches the surface as to why.

Bart is a good person, that's what most on these boards don't see, but that's beside the point here.

Scribe
    Maybe a clarification of terms would help. Right now farmout can cover everything from losing a good war to a stronger opponent that happens to give them acres, to letting a kingdom hit you for acres as a form of diplomacy , to purposely handing acres to a kingdom in position to crown to facilitate a lead.
    Pretty sure there are other terms being used that are just as confusing to a lot of players.

The drama in these war update threads for "top" kds is too damn high!

Forum Fanatic
    The drama is never too damn high.

Thread Information