Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amnesia

Amnesia

Someone tried it this age? I need to know what is the dmg(constant or % based) and does it drop down professors to graduate.

I know strato is playing sage but has he tried it?

Needs to get out more
    The first time I cast amnesia the green box said something like the guy was set back 30 days. I retaliated another guy about 2 weeks later and got 45 days. I apologize for not being more analytical but I'll keep this in mind. My kingdom isn't UF with anyone at the moment.

The next time we get UF/hostile I'll spy science before and after the cast. I'll try to gather information.

To understand my way of thinking, I considered my build a success because no retaliation followed the 2 times I used amnesia. I'll try to be a better observer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbgyppGqBgg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    > Your wizards gather 1,988 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. You have made the scientists of forget 88 days of learning!
    > thats 4 hours per scientist

getting that pretty consistently. (cast was from earlier in the age...we're still getting similar numbers per scientist)

Avian sage
    i cast it many times in our last war after being chained, got 400ish pts/cast.
    Targets were all mid30s to low 40s for total scientists.
    that was 2 real life weeks ago.
    didnt have spare stealth to follow up on so a lot more work to be done her.

Needs to get out more
    I see. So the amount of days is spread throughout the population of scientists. I wasn't sure if it only caused amnesia to a segment. Thank you.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-09-2016 at 11:22.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Postaholic
    so if someone just has 17 profs in a category, and amnesia effect is spread evenly across all scientists (4h of training removed per cast) then at least in the mid to mid-late age amnesia is great. 1 cast removes 25% of a provinces science effects for 4h. That is pretty good value for 1 cast.

I dont think it would be worth doing enough casts that you put a province back to novice scientists, but that first cast is deadly, especially if you can cast it on a T/M, like a heretic, or against an attacker right before a NM chain.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    so if someone just has 17 profs in a category, and amnesia effect is spread evenly across all scientists (4h of training removed per cast) then at least in the mid to mid-late age amnesia is great. 1 cast removes 25% of a provinces science effects for 4h. That is pretty good value for 1 cast.

I dont think it would be worth doing enough casts that you put a province back to novice scientists, but that first cast is deadly, especially if you can cast it on a T/M, like a heretic, or against an attacker right before a NM chain.
    Consecutive casts stack? Kind of like ET or SW? And if so, does it just stick over 4 hours? I don't imagine it could stack "too" much if it does stack. You'd be able to completely ruin a province by resetting science back to BoA settings.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post

Yes, I had contemplated this with NM, blizzard, what have you. Not in game at the small kingdom level I'm in; I'm prone to play with certain constraints because I like the old kingdoms.

My considerations were due to The Virtual Kingdom strat. Trying to configure the multitude of spell/march/sabotage options is intriguing if only in theory. If it wasn't for halfers having inherent den advantage exclusively i'd be willing to move my sages to t/m races.

Edit: a bit off topic. What I find interesting about the new science is it's similarity to a martial arts system in the original RPG Top Secret. The system was designed around expertise. You were given more options the higher your skill. These skills were augmented by character ability. The character, for example had options a, b, c, d. Which could be - a) right hand strike, b) left hand block, c) right leg block, d) left leg sweep.
    The newer Top Secret is/was a dumbed down version of the original. And amnesia works similar to a hellbore canon in Star Fleet Battles(as described:

The hellbore cannon was a Hydran heavy weapon, similar to the Federation photon torpedo, with a few differences: the warhead had a force field that activated upon firing. Also, the warhead was likened to a fusion bomb and the effects of the force field caused the fusion explosion to wrap around the entire ship then implode. Due to the nature of deflector shields, this would cause the greatest damage to the weakest shield.

- The strategy was to reinforce shields evenly in hopes of avoiding internal damage from multiple hits. -
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-09-2016 at 20:57.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Veteran
    Has anyone had it cast on them? What did it do to your scholars?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Has anyone had it cast on them? What did it do to your scholars?
    Not yet. - I've cast amnesia for the experiment, but it was costly just grabbing intel lol. Since I don't random my overall science doesn't match many opponents. This is a cast in war. First will be their science prior and then the cast.

Alchemy 7 +13.0% Income
    Tools 6 +6.0% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 7 +4.0% Population Limits
    Food 4 +24.0% Food Production
    Military 2 +1.2% Military Efficiency
    Crime 9 +63.7% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 9 +65.6% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Your wizards gather 2,498 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. You have made the scientists of **** ***** (x:x) forget 897 days of learning!

I couldn't gather followup intel and responsibly serve my kingdom. I'm sure one of our strategy guys can break this down. I'm just an undead sage with no faery mods.
    ________
    Weed bowls

I threw a few amnesias on a prov which has 32 scientists with 28 profs.

Got like 848 days of learning wiped out. Its worth it imo.
    Monarch - Draft Punks a.k.a Defiance
    Ex - HaLL of Force, Grinners KLA.

Needs to get out more
    I've been getting some huge results. I'd imagine from the number of scientists being affected. Only single shots, since I'm not trying to hurt the enemy necessarily. I know, I know, but we can't have world of combative undead sages screwing players ages.

Over 1800 on 2 separate casts. Big attackers apparently busy abducting this age.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Your wizards gather 2,715 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. You have made the scientists of X forget 1,297 days of learning!
    Your wizards gather 2,715 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. You have made the scientists of X forget 997 days of learning!

'from the first spell u downgraded 18 scientists'
    'from the second - almost 14'

This is from a teammate of mine. Apparently amnesia is extremely strong mid-late age.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Inka View Post
    I threw a few amnesias on a prov which has 32 scientists with 28 profs.

Got like 848 days of learning wiped out. Its worth it imo.
    It certainly looks good. Thank you for the input.

@ Bo To, I haven't cast successive amnesia yet. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious to see a faery demonstrate this spell.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    It certainly looks good. Thank you for the input.

@ Bo To, I haven't cast successive amnesia yet. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious to see a faery demonstrate this spell.
    That were faery casts.

Thread Information