Thread: Help raising NWPA

Help raising NWPA

Hi, I'm pretty raw at this, as I played years ago and forgot most of what I should be doing. I made the mistake of going Halfling/Rogue this age, which seems great for the thievery bonus until you realize literally anyone can hit you unless you go pure Thief. Needless to say, I am A/T, running 5.5rtpa with maxed sci 165%, and I run 10% WT and TD oow.

My main issue is that even when I hit 75% draft rate my NWPA is only 190, and everyone else is rockin more than 220. I started in year 4 and already have 38 scientists, I have about 10dspa and 7elites per acre. This gives me the ability to ambush attacks and be a useful attacker in war, once the main attackers bring down the fools who suicide. I also have a hard time choosing how many thieves to send on OPS, I can find a sweet spot on Robbery OPS, but are the rules the same for other ops?

I got sidetracked a bit, but how do I increase NWPA so I'm not an easy target OOW. I was instructed to grow to 1600 acres, but whenever I hit 1300 someone nails me for 150 acres, and its scary.

Oh, and how do I calculate my mod tpa. is everything stacked or is there a limit to how far the bonuses push my modtpa up?
    Last edited by Danjor; 28-09-2016 at 09:22.

Veteran
    Run high homes and draft even deeper. Also a lot of nw comes fron elites. Not only has halfer the lowest elite value in game, a good attacker will have near the double elites per acre as you run now.

Anyway, nwpa is not that relevant. If you dont wish to be an easy target oow you either need to run very high def or higher offense so that you can retal hard.

So draft deeper and have more elited

Ok, that makes sense. Just thinking about it, I can pretty much steal anything I need, and in war I can kidnap to replenish peasants. If I ran all elites I'd have a ridiculously low def, do you think a 50/50 split is better than what i have now, 60/40.

Veteran
    It is proberbly pretty hard to play halfling as pure t/m. Halfling doesn't have the defensive bonusses a feary or elf has. In order to stay alive both in and out of war you gonna need to have decent attacking power. My personal preference would be to aproach halfer more as an attacker/thief then pure t/m. Personaly i would try to run 8 defspecs per acre, 10 elites per acre, 5-6 tpa and 3-4 wpa.

My buildstrat would be something along these lines

20% homes
    8% Farms
    12 % TD
    10% Hospitals
    15 % Barracks
    10% Guilds
    X % towers. If your wpa is high enough to effectively cast spells such as fireballs/tornados then you can run higher amount. If your wpa is lower then 2.5 then having 5% is sufficient.

TG/forts. This one really depends on your size compared to the rest of your kingdom and your opponents in war. If you are in top of the size range then having forts might be a good idea to boost your defense. If your small then training grounds will help boost your offense and gain acres.

Also keep in mind, you can steal all,the resources you need :)

As far as science goes, consider maxing out your pop science. +10% population will help a lot to get better raw numbers/

Enthusiast
    Drop the WTs. No need for them :)

Post Demon
    the only thing that would raise nw/acre is to have more of something else, homes seems to be a good choice, but Halfings have become so much harder to play this age. As far as I can tell you did quite well in our last two wars, but if you want to get the input of our other hybrids by all means start a thread in our forum that will also allow you to copy part of their strat even if Ha/Rogue differs a lot from Elf/Heretic.

3:4 leets:Dspecs
    if your aim is to grow to 1.6k acres your in the ghetto and dont need such high raw/mod tpa numbers. move some of your theif sci to housing, drop in 20-25% homes and draft deeper to up off/def.

Edit: 4-4.5raw tpa is enough as halfer have the TD and tpa race bonus
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Thread Information