Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Emeriti vs BB

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Looked like you had that farmpolicing covered yourself barty :)
    Aye, I know how it goes. Since the top doesn't care if a KD that is not "one of them" gets DBed, I have to rely on my own people! The "new people" are up and coming though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Aye, I know how it goes. Since the top doesn't care if a KD that is not "one of them" gets DBed, I have to rely on my own people! The "new people" are up and coming though!
    LOL you told me all age that you got kds on standby just for that reason! haha, if you wanted my help you should have just asked for it :)
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

No matter how they were giving acres, be it just to 1 or to 2 or to all 3, all acres are not created equal. Emeriti was in a better nw position to take unwhorable acres from Pandas and with orc gains, they had substantial growth on provinces going from 4k to 6-7k. Only a few of course. BB got to put some extra acres on their smallest two big avians which was significant as well. IMHO, putting more acres on the top orcs allowed Emeriti to get those orcs much closer to the Avians in BB, which completely changed the complection of the fight. Acres placement is incredibly important since both sides had limited pool. Plus it would have taken much longer for the orcs to get to the size they were at the beginning of the fight through exploring which would have affected gold stacks. No matter how we slice it, that pandas debacle clearly affected the fight going forward and shouldn't have happened in the first place. If you don't want to compete and want to drop, just raze yourselves off so you're not chart shaping. No matter how the acres are given, someone is bound to get an advantage by hitting first, by having better nw placement to take acres in chunks, better off at the time, etc. All of it was dumb and shouldn't have happened at all.
    Last edited by Pale; 05-10-2016 at 19:56.

Emeriti paid Munk to take down his site to **** BB.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Emeriti paid Munk to take down his site to **** BB.

Just saying.
    yeah thats really to our advantage when our waves overlap lol :P
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Needs to get out more
    Return time was my point about the ambush aspect. Thus relay taps. I can see that BeastBlood wanted avian core to have the potential to go full active, but I'd imagine it's partly left on the table for their goal orientation.

I confess I'll have to get in one of these and see what's going on. Not trying to dispense tactics on great strategists, I'm trying to get a feel for how it unravels. Yeah, I get the prep stuff, but my thinking is an avian can rope-a-dope, ambush and raze from the slingshot.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 05-10-2016 at 20:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Was munkbot going down the reason you guys were so slow waving last night? Thankfully we'd just gotten most of our wave off before it or we'd have had to...calculate defenses for ourselves.

Orc free draft is massively more powerful than avian cheaper troops. When you're pumping soldier cost quickly skyrockets to 200 per soldier. And when you're staring at each other in fortified it stays there (though with fort bonus). We were able to draft through the whole fort-off and extend our troop advantage significantly. I believe we had 3.9m troops to their 3.6m when fortified was dropped.

Everyone loves how avian can't be ambushed, but ambush is pretty bad. Maybe you can get a gains bonus, but it's not a very big one. If someone 5x taps you and you 5x ambush back you're taking half the acres for 75% the attack time. Only real use is in making your chains better, but since avian has lower incoming to begin with even a -50% gains orc is going to have an amount of incoming acres competitive with the avian at any particular time. Orc +gains makes chaining

Both avian and orc get attacker bonuses amounting to +50% gains.

Orc has higher offense which gives you more flexibility in each wave. To wit, it's much harder to get unbreakable to them (our humans would have had no chance to be ub to orc cows). And of course the kills bonus is pretty overwhelming. You can't benefit much from hospitals (or any other building of course) in a fight like this (our kingdoms have a combined 0.3 peasants an acre, with an average of 58% be).

We had 400-500m more gc than BB when notice was given.

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    Everyone loves how avian can't be ambushed, but ambush is pretty bad. Maybe you can get a gains bonus, but it's not a very big one. If someone 5x taps you and you 5x ambush back you're taking half the acres for 75% the attack time. Only real use is in making your chains better, but since avian has lower incoming to begin with even a -50% gains orc is going to have an amount of incoming acres competitive with the avian at any particular time. Orc +gains makes chaining.

I am reminded of the age that Sanc went with Orc Warriors? and got completely curb stomped because of ambushes on their elites. I want to say it was in war vs. Playboys but I'm not sure.

Postaholic
    You're thinking of a different kingdom.

Looking at rankings I am going to say it was age 42 before the Awar or age 43. Of course you may have won the war but I'm pretty sure you had lost a war because your orcs were getting ambushed left and right. And I'm only guessing it was Playboys, it might not have been.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale View Post
    No matter how they were giving acres, be it just to 1 or to 2 or to all 3, all acres are not created equal. Emeriti was in a better nw position to take unwhorable acres from Pandas and with orc gains, they had substantial growth on provinces going from 4k to 6-7k. Only a few of course. BB got to put some extra acres on their smallest two big avians which was significant as well. IMHO, putting more acres on the top orcs allowed Emeriti to get those orcs much closer to the Avians in BB, which completely changed the complection of the fight. Acres placement is incredibly important since both sides had limited pool. Plus it would have taken much longer for the orcs to get to the size they were at the beginning of the fight through exploring which would have affected gold stacks. No matter how we slice it, that pandas debacle clearly affected the fight going forward and shouldn't have happened in the first place. If you don't want to compete and want to drop, just raze yourselves off so you're not chart shaping. No matter how the acres are given, someone is bound to get an advantage by hitting first, by having better nw placement to take acres in chunks, better off at the time, etc. All of it was dumb and shouldn't have happened at all.
    People get acres from people at all parts of the age, it's how the game works. We were planning on noticing and fighting pandas had they not reached out with a deal, unless they were willing to reset themselves, there is no way to avoid giving acres to our big orcs. I'd had preferred to just fight them because our deal with your kd had an auto extension clause for fights which was based on spirit of deal of us not vulturing each other and goodwill between our kds. If not pandas, we also had FS in range with just 48h notice. You guys were 8k bigger before fight began and chose to notice - I actually asked prot to extend cf. we played an extremely clean age and started out this age by getting triple hostiled oop which completely set us back so I'm not sure what you are upset about here. Going into this fight I felt it was an even war with you have a slight advantage and prot agreed with me.

Needs to get out more
    Thank you for the explanation, jdorje.

I'd imagine the elves are controlling the avian BR advantage handily, based in the lock they've got on the center.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

boooo....looks fake war to me!!!

Needs to get out more
    The Emeriti alignment looks very similar to AMA as mentioned before. The imposing belt of elves stands between an almost 800k gap in the BeastBlood core and flying cows. I'm curious how the faery core is doing(?)
    ________
    Weed bowls

Postaholic
    Both kingdoms had ~4k t/ms not really out of choice but necessity. Pushing those provinces up to 6k would have cost enough pool to lose the cow fight.

Avian birthrate does not do anything here. Today our two kingdoms are up to a combined 170k peasants. Yesterday it bottomed out at around 100k. Avian birthrate amounts to something like 500 peasants an hour.

Thread Information