Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Razing into war?

Veteran

Razing into war?

Is this a new thing or is a couple of Rogue monarchs......

Let me start from the beginning:
    We were tagged msg for war. I get the usual msg for a war from a KD that was about 20% larger then we were. They were tagged "war agreed stfo" I told them to wait up, I wanted to ask my mates, and get the immediate reply that they had several war request from several KD's. So I reply ok let's do it. We started a dragon, and waved them into hostile. We funded a 15 million gold coin dragon to 100k. Then I get a surprise IGM that they need more time to decide...... I'm thinking. ... wait you just asked us for a war......... but I wait. At this point, my mates are ready to go, and are pounding them army in army out expecting them to hit the button anytime, not wanting to get stuck with no incoming land. About 12 hours later I get a msg that they don't want to war us, and a CF. He tells me it was a mistake, he meant to send that message to a KD whose numbers were similar. I reminded him we had the whole long conversation about how I couldn't have 12 hours to discuss it. I told him that a few of his provinces have a lot of gold and that we were going to take it, because we had just spent all of ours on that dragon.

Then within hours I get this:

Game Date May 23 of YR7
    Real Date Sun, 2 Oct at 16:12 GMT+00:00
    King so and so of their monarch (X:XX)
    Recipient King Crazyguy
    Subject ok then...
    Your kd continues to hit into our agreed war. So your next war, prepare to be razed into.
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 02-10-2016 at 17:47.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Let me just remind the casual reader that they were tagged "war agreed stfo" when they msg'd me for a war..... maybe I'm just too stupid to understand what is going on here, or maybe these guys are drunkards. ... I'd sure appreciate feedback on how to handle this my mind is blown at this point. I guess the age is ruined for us, and we have to spend the rest of the age dealing with these creeps
    Long live Mehul!

Or you could cf them.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Honor and integrity are basically gone from the game. Whether it's culture brought on by so much **** played allowed now a days or mechanics of the game I am not sure. My advice is to just stop doing agreed wars. 95% of the time the deal will be broken in some way. So I suggest avoiding them and just wave for war. That way you don't have to worry about fully funded dragons pointing at someone. Then if you attempt to punish them for the dealbreak someone will just double hostile you claiming your a bully. Better to just avoid the entire situation all together.

Well said handofthrawn!

Avoid all contact with the world and let the way lead you on a journey.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Or you could cf them.
    CF was broken right after I accepted it. It only served to reset relations.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    I sent another, it's still pending
    Long live Mehul!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let them raze into your war, then end your war and declare on them. Seems pretty simple to me.

Forum Fanatic
    Or pretty goofy,whether he wins or loses the current war he wont be war ready for a few days. Meter will degrade before he can do what your suggesting Palem.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They'll be as pumped for war as you are and you'll have the button. Put up or shut up

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Let them raze into your war, then end your war and declare on them. Seems pretty simple to me.
    Well that won't work, for reasons that Thunder pointed out.

It seems that razing into war is now the new negotiations, couple of people to thank for that I guess. People read it in the forums then decide 'Hey, I'll threaten that'.

But as they are a kd too, with war goals, not a lone player, tell them that if they do raze into your war, they had better have no plans to war again this age as you will return the favour with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post

It seems that razing into war is now the new negotiations, couple of people to thank for that I guess. People read it in the forums then decide 'Hey, I'll threaten that'.

But as they are a kd too, with war goals, not a lone player, tell them that if they do raze into your war, they had better have no plans to war again this age as you will return the favour with interest.
    Its simple, if you show respect to a kingdom 90% of the time you'll get respect, if you disrespect a kingdom in any manner, you'll likely get disrespect in turn.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post

Just because you can't pull it off doesn't mean it can't be done. Surrender min time, maybe 2 days in EoWCF and you should be in decent shape. Could get a little complicated if you have to drop or gain a significant amount of nw, but certainly more than doable.

You don't need to be 90% drafted on 4rwpa kd wide to jump a kingdom that was just spending it's time hitting into your war

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    CF was broken right after I accepted it. It only served to reset relations.
    Don't, ever, send a blank cf. Message and agree terms, even if it's a simple cf for one week min.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Just because you can't pull it off doesn't mean it can't be done. Surrender min time, maybe 2 days in EoWCF and you should be in decent shape. Could get a little complicated if you have to drop or gain a significant amount of nw, but certainly more than doable.

You don't need to be 90% drafted on 4rwpa kd wide to jump a kingdom that was just spending it's time hitting into your war
    Sure, but maybe people don't want to throw a match just to go get revenge on another team.

Far better to tell them off the bat that if they want to play that war razing game, two can play it.

Thread Information