Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trending

Scribe

Trending

Looking through kingdoms this seems the newest(even if not altogether new just not as wide spread in the past) fads:

Kingdoms boasting a seemingly stellar war record, if it wasn't for the terrible comparative stats....anything under 95% average opponent size doesn't make you a good warring kingdom. It shows you suck because you are so scared to fight an equal opponent that you run and hide in bottomfeed wars.

and from conversations with other players apparently after taxation peaked out the newest form outrageous demands is for players or leaders of opposing kingdoms to quit playing. It has happened in the past but it is getting way out of hand. There are a million things that come to mind preferable to diminishing the already shrinking number of players, avoiding or beating them would be the most obvious.

P.S. if you think this post is about you, it is not. You are not important enough to get your own thread. If it was about you I would just tell you. Trust me, I have no problem telling people exactly what I think. It's a general observation

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People are dicks. This isn't news lol

Enthusiast
    I wouldn't go fully by the average opponent size. Supposing at wave time, KD A waved KD B that was maybe 1-2% bigger than KD A but after the wave, KD A dropped KD B a fair bit to become say between 2-5% smaller than KD A. But because KD B has the war button now(and maybe a few other advantages too), they declared on KD A. This would lead to KD A having between 95-98% average opponent size whereas you can see from above case that they started off as equals or slightly smaller.

Post Demon
    Wars Won / Concluded Wars 3 / 3 Average Opponent Relative Size 110%

Problem?

Average opponent size doesn't have to be (and shouldn't be) equal. Game as mechanics for bottom and top feeding and there are strategies for both sides of that debate.

Veteran
    Hate to disagree but with the new mechanics of land holding so much nw. Giving the button makes it look like your bottom feeding but in all reality it's a fair fight.

Post Demon
    Generelly agree, but as others mentioned relative kd nw doesn't tell the entire story, especially low ghetto tiers will have inactives, provinces running Dwarf or UD explorer on pure def, 0 thief provinces and other weaknesses that means they will have an impossible fight at 100% of their kd nw, and while many wars are lost easily because the kings are not aware of those factors, some may know of their own weakneses and chose smaller opponents. Another factor for ghettos is people not beeing aware of relations and giving kingdoms 120% their size the button, admittedly with mostly returning or old players this happens much less frequently these days.

Needs to get out more
    You mean if someone is bigger and more organized? The only time I lack motivation for the game is from the dominant position. Luckily my sitters usually experience epic disaster so I don't have to go through the motions of bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Scribe
    Hence why I said below 95%...but I am not surprised by who started making excuses very quickly. beginning of age 95% can happen , maybe even after war 2..after that its systematic picking of targets well weaker than you.

And yes Palem , that is exactly the problem. People are assholes, or some at least.

(and no, my kingdom has nothing to do with this, we haven't had a problem)

Regular
    Doesn't the waving KD traditionally create a NW separation prior to declare?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbot View Post
    Doesn't the waving KD traditionally create a NW separation prior to declare?
    Yes. We've had huge issues with this as well.

1. We'd always prep better than our opposition.
    2. We always ran orc-heavy set-ups doing opening waves OOW with like 15-20 hits, dropping enemy NW significantly. And of course orcs are NW-heavy too (as are the fae we always ran).

We quite often had 90% fights against people that pumped for the same time on the same acres.

So the % doesn't always say everything!

All I hear is bullies making excuses for why they should not be considered bullies.....

sad...

(yes that was sarcasm)
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    I'm not, not getting it Goodwitch. I'm on your side.

It's that I've already incorporated mouse eating lions into my acceptable challenge trigger.
    Since I don't random my army gets hit at home a lot. The disparity thing deepens the challenge.
    What I'm saying to those who curl up in fear is that it's not just survivable, you can turn the tables.

1- know what hurts
    2- build what hurts
    3- use what hurts

Walking into a bar is no sin, but walking into your kingdom is. Be that guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrvQ1c5khU
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 07-10-2016 at 21:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    to be fair one war against a kd thats 80% your size and u'll never get >100%. That can easily happen if oop a gheto waves you and u simply wait to declare till you outpump them. That is however differnt that systematically picking weaker targets where

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    We quite often had 90% fights against people that pumped for the same time on the same acres.
    war after war you are basically always going to win.

Also for what its worth its not that hard to be >100%
    Average Opponent Relative Size 103%

Forum Addict
    How about a 25 province kingdom who is 80% the size of a 22 province kingdom? Formula still applies or?

Networth can drain quickly. Province numbers are more important. Sorry, your 95% threshold does not hold water.

Thread Information