Thread: Confused by magic this age? Guilds?

Confused by magic this age? Guilds?

I recently rejoined after not having played since mehul left. I'm having some trouble figuring out the magic modifiers. This is probably a stupid question...

Is the following correct?

RAW WPA determine your chance of success
    Magic Sci makes spells more effective (i.e. last longer, kill more, etc)
    Guilds do nothing to magic, they only train wizards exclusivly
    Thats it

To my understanding guilds this age have no effect on magic success or effectivness, none listed in angel or on utopia anyway. So if you dont intend to train any more wizards during war you can go without guilds in your biuld.

I have 5WPA raw, and 50% magic sci so far, but no giulds at this present moment. I'm also DE/Mystic. My storms last only 6 hours and I appear to be completely incapable of casting paradise. I'm pretty sure this only happened once I razed my guilds, as I was able to paradise a week and a half ago, but the only effect I can find listed for guilds anywhere is 'Trains x.xx wizards per day'

Am I missing something here?

Tags: http://nhacchuongdoc.mobi/nhac-chuong-kinh-di, http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/instru...ingtones-free/
    Last edited by adamjohnson; 10-04-2017 at 09:43.

Regular
    Guilds affect spell durations

The guide has nice answers

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Mystics

Determining Success

To cast a spell, you must have both wizards and mystic runes. For spells cast upon yourself, success is based on your Guild percentage, your Building Efficiency and your magic effectiveness - the more guilds you have, the better you will do. For spells cast upon others, the success is based on your relative wizard population, measured as Wizards Per Acre (WPA), modified by the racial bonuses or penalties and your knowledge of Channeling. The higher your WPA compared to an enemy, the better your success. However, there is always a great deal of chance in every spell. Furthermore, the duration of all spells is greatly impacted by your Guild percentage.

The reason you cant paradise also is that you states you have no guilds. No guilds = no self spells. Does not affect combat spells though.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Self spell success is determined by guild %.
    Offensive spell success is determined by your modified wpa vs their modified wpa
    Spell duration is determined by guild %
    Magic science modifies your wpa (and increases rune production)

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    The reason you cant paradise also is that you states you have no guilds. No guilds = no self spells. Does not affect combat spells though.
    This is pretty wrong, no guilds doesnt mean you cant cast self spells. The chance on succeeding them however is pretty small since self spell success is based on guild %. The reason he cant paradise is likely because his kd is either in fortified, war or eowcf.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
    I'm also DE/Mystic.
    Clearly not serious and just trolling texn.

Thread Information