Thread: Any Sages this age want to share?

Regular

Any Sages this age want to share?

With the science changes etc and what has been a belly flop in my opinion, especially that of my favorite personality to play (Sage, which invariably forced me to not play it) I am still curious as to the brave few that decided to stick with it this age.

Are any current Sages out there (preferably ones who have focused heavily on attaining scientists through abducts) willing to post what their sciences look like and what their scientist numbers are etc?

Would be interesting to see how the numbers stack up against someone who hasn't really bothered trying to get scientists etc.

Cheers!

Needs to get out more
    That'd be cool. I'm built for it, but I only use abduct in retal.

I'm undead sage. It would've been very easy for me to stack scientists, but I don't play to grief.

Attackers are the best targets at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The only useful thing sage has is the abduct -gains. The bonus sci is good just like accurate espionage on tact is good and 2 extra scientists at the beginning is laughable.

Post Demon
    I agree with Bo To on sage you can get the same effect with universities as with sage arround 15% I think.

My science is largely from abducts and I'm no sage. I made a few abducts arround year 2 I think then went crazy with about 25-30 at age 3-4, both randoms but also retals, along with general luck I had near 70 in our 3rd war arround year 6 and got just below 100 before our 4th war purely on retals. Since then I've done more retals and 1 random and mannaged the science in my signature just before our last fortified, now I got 110 due to spawns.

I've most likely gotten arround 50 scientists from abducts, the best targets out there are undead/warrior on 200 opa if you have build universities and arround 20% gs, you can easily dubble and get 2x2 or possible 2x3 scientists from them in one go cause they are all forced to run homes and banks just to maintain that offenses and hardly ever have defensive buildings.

My impression is most non sages are 50-70 scientists at the moment if they have not done a lot of abducts.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    Alchemy
    12 +29.3% Income (30.6 by eowf)

Tools
    15 +19.5% Building Effectiveness

Housing
    17 +13.0% Population Limits

Food
    0 +0.0% Food Production

Military
    16 +10.5% Military Efficiency (11.7 by eowcf)

Crime
    5 +35.1% Thievery Effectiveness

Channeling
    9 +66.3% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

I would have more profs, but I tend to bounce 4-6 around during war. Abducts are finally starting to pay off, so this will go up quickly now.
    Last edited by Wilmington; 22-10-2016 at 05:49.

Needs to get out more
    Usually when a personality or race is seen as weak I find utility in it that makes it useful. Frankly I think sages are the skunks of hostile. Nobody likes getting sprayed no matter how little sticks.

My experience this age has been thus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

One thing I think about Sage now is how it was obvs a mid age choice. You could abuse sci with little retal except Orc and then pwn at that stage. :)

Regular
    Current Effects of Science
    Science Type Number of scientists Effect
    Alchemy 15 +39.0% Income
    Tools 16 +19.5% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 17 +13.0% Population Limits
    Food 17 +111.2% Food Production
    Military 17 +13.0% Military Efficiency
    Crime 17 +130.0% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 17 +130.0% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

(over)capped sci with my abducts yesterday, just waiting for food scientists to level up. Avian/Sage. huge majority was from abducts on ud/orc (so i can do 3-4x abducts per unique) While also running universities to maintain Zero Scientist losses on counter abducts once sage cap wasnt enough on its own.

Post Demon
    with 3 weeks left or something I think I prefer my -35% loses to your 30% extra science, since it helped me on over 200 attacks and was maxed at the start of the age, but maxed out sci sure helps the ecconomy in particulair. Still need 3 for maxed out as I did not abduct for over a week due to upcomming war that did not occure and not wanting to abduct without universities. Still missing 15% food and 10% magic is not a big thing.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

About 25-30 scientists from abducts. Avian Sage. Lots of wars so not as much opportunity to abduct as I wanted to otherwise with abducts becoming increasingly worthwhile would have maxed out by now. I have only been abducted once despite having unis for only 2 weeks or so.

Current Effects of Science
    Science Type Number of scientists Effect
    Alchemy 15 +39.0% Income
    Tools 15 +19.2% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 17 +13.0% Population Limits
    Food 6 +46.8% Food Production
    Military 17 +13.0% Military Efficiency
    Crime 7 +42.9% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 9 +64.3% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Thread Information