View Poll Results: Possibility to integrate umunk in utopia?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds like a great idea!

32 74.42%
  • I am against it

8 18.60%
  • I don't feel either for or against.

3 6.98%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Integrate umunk easier into utopia

Needs to get out more
    @ Persain. That's just disagreement. It's harder, yes. Kingdom forum becomes active and require frequent editing. PMing becomes commonplace. That's the point though. The game is utterly playable standing on itself.

I welcome Munkbot and Munks generosity. The benefits heavily outweigh the risks. The stronger the player base the better. If integral retooling and optimization make for superior play for most, then more power to them. These are the players we compete against, and I want them at their best.

I value my way because it's mine. I've no desire to lure others to the way I play. Anything another player does is a personal decision. I'm playing team on my team.

Clarity Edit: forest for the trees thing here. To me, Utopia is a modern antiquity. Just as I wouldn't put modern pedals in front of a vintage amp and vintage guitar, by choice. Playing Utopia raw is to experience how it was, and why it was.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 22-10-2016 at 00:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    I don't see a need to lock this to umunk specifically, but it would be great if every bot/intel system could have the possiblity to provide a "user-script" that can be natively embedded into utopia by the choice of the player. Then umunk / stinger / upoopu / etc can provide such, have it "vetted" by the game devs, and have it be an option much like the current theme/css options.

It would allow the users to have custom scripts to custom their game experience in whatever they wanted.. I

Needs to get out more
    Sounds cool. I have no idea how to do any of it. Maybe some day I'll catch up with this modern witchcraft.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Scribe
    I understand it's a lot of work which makes it a slow process, but the devs have been working on integrating features we want/need. Tools free to use for every player.
    So say, they allow integration of umunk, a paid service under the guise of donations in my opinion, why would they invest time and resources to continue to improve free tools? Especially if there is a chance that they could be accused of "stealing code" ?
    More trouble than it's worth , a definite "no" from me

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I understand it's a lot of work which makes it a slow process, but the devs have been working on integrating features we want/need. Tools free to use for every player.
    So say, they allow integration of umunk, a paid service under the guise of donations in my opinion, why would they invest time and resources to continue to improve free tools? Especially if there is a chance that they could be accused of "stealing code" ?
    More trouble than it's worth , a definite "no" from me
    You really dont need to pay anything for munk if you dont want to. BUt whats so bad about donating to someone that does something good for the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You really dont need to pay anything for munk if you dont want to. BUt whats so bad about donating to someone that does something good for the community?
    +1

And the free tools the devs give us are largely useless... Though I do appreciate the war room Calc a lot! Best feature since the code change.

Veteran
    The need for 3rd party apps is one of the reasons why I stopped playing (seriously, anyway). The game should ideally be standalone. Most people play their games from mobile nowadays. Why the eff would I spend 30 minutes to coordinate 4 hits from mobile and install all these 3rd party chat apps that constantly give me notifications during the day? The learning curve is steep enough, and on top of that it is just downright inconvenient to play
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 22-10-2016 at 18:09.

Strategy Moderator
    Nightmare, I'm not clear on your stance on the issue. The problems that you mention would be improved by better integration with umunk (and potentially other addons.) While it might be ideal for developers to fully code all the umunk features into the game, it is not practical for them to do so time wise.

With the umunk integration, you would have ingame access to high quality kingdom chat (if set up by the kingdom) without the need for the kingdom members to install third party chat programs. Mobile hits are extremely easy with munk (to the point where some might feel it's cheating.) If you or anyone in your kingdom has done intel on the target, you can just go to your war page, select the target, click "get defense", click "autofill" offense, and hit attack and it's done. Umunk lowers the learning curve and makes the game faster and easier to play -- especially on mobile. I'm not clear the direction you were going with your post, but your points come across as a big call of support for integration.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Nightmare, I'm not clear on your stance on the issue. The problems that you mention would be improved by better integration with umunk (and potentially other addons.) While it might be ideal for developers to fully code all the umunk features into the game, it is not practical for them to do so time wise.

With the umunk integration, you would have ingame access to high quality kingdom chat (if set up by the kingdom) without the need for the kingdom members to install third party chat programs. Mobile hits are extremely easy with munk (to the point where some might feel it's cheating.) If you or anyone in your kingdom has done intel on the target, you can just go to your war page, select the target, click "get defense", click "autofill" offense, and hit attack and it's done. Umunk lowers the learning curve and makes the game faster and easier to play -- especially on mobile. I'm not clear the direction you were going with your post, but your points come across as a big call of support for integration.
    Ah, yes. I wasn't clear.

It would be dumb NOT to integrate umunk or some version of it directly into the game for the reasons described above. The game hemorrhages players from the bottom and the top for being clunky (among other reasons), such that it is difficult to 1. learn the game effectively and 2. continue playing the game conveniently.

Needs to get out more
    Yes, the autofill thing is humorously interesting to me as far as the strength of the enemy. This is fantastic feature to be up against as a non-user.
    ________
    Weed bowls

I have always been for the use of a UI improvement to the game. I would like to see the Devs buy and implement all of the Munk bot UI features.
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    +1

And the free tools the devs give us are largely useless... Though I do appreciate the war room Calc a lot! Best feature since the code change.
    Hear, here!
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Thread Information