Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs

Dogs

Dogs 2/2, 550gc, 5nw, each dog counts as one thief as per defensive thief to thief effectiveness. Building type Kennels - Holds 40 dogs
    Last edited by Earthshine; 01-11-2016 at 13:45.
    Live long and prosper

Dogs out on attacks do not effect defensive thief guild strength/defensive thief to thief effectiveness.
    Last edited by Earthshine; 04-11-2016 at 07:17.
    Live long and prosper

hm interesting idea... prob just make them breed like horses and slowly fill kennels rather than pay to train them. I'd rather 1/1 combat strength, but having some defensive TPA effect is nifty

Enthusiast
    We have WT's for thievery defense and horses for offense. I am not sure why we'd need something else that did the same thing.

cuz ppl like dogs

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    We have WT's for thievery defense and horses for offense. I am not sure why we'd need something else that did the same thing.
    Because you also have TG for offense?

Horses - TG
    Dogs - WT

That sounds logical. Indeed this is quite an interesting idea.

Enthusiast
    But horses cannot be used defensively. The suggestion is that dogs can be used as both war dogs and alarm dogs. Also, I can steal horses via thief ops. Can I steal alarm dogs?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    But horses cannot be used defensively. The suggestion is that dogs can be used as both war dogs and alarm dogs. Also, I can steal horses via thief ops. Can I steal alarm dogs?
    Would probably cost you some food....have to bribe those dogs.

Or just dogs for defensive against thievery attacks no attack or defense skills

Regular
    I like this idea!

Nice change +1

Forum Fanatic
    How about bunnies them to increase birth rates

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

I would think Dogs/Kennels would indeed have to replace current WTs, because the effects are a perfect match.

20 Dogs/Kennel, Each Kennel generates 1 Dog/tick, Each dog acts as 0.5 thief on defence.

If you wanted to add a military spec to them, this would allow that, the ones that aren't home wouldn't count towards defensive TPA

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I would think Dogs/Kennels would indeed have to replace current WTs, because the effects are a perfect match.

20 Dogs/Kennel, Each Kennel generates 1 Dog/tick, Each dog acts as 0.5 thief on defence.

If you wanted to add a military spec to them, this would allow that, the ones that aren't home wouldn't count towards defensive TPA
    It's still OP though because a rogue can burn the WT's with an instant effect. I cant steal them (like war horses) and I cant prop them (like thieves, that do the very same thing the dogs do), and GA would only decrease the max limit of them. There would literally be no real defense against them.

Well, like horses once their housing is gone they would drop quickly. And who is to say you couldn't kill, release, or even bribe the dogs?

You could tweak the values per Dog and per Kennel of course, to nerf their def strength a bit more.

Thread Information