Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The war against Islamic extremism

Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    All extremism is the same. Anybody who follows propaganda w/o using logic. Like the followers of Trump who parrot Fox Noise.
    Squawk, Poly wants a tax break for Billionaires.
    Abortion is evil but state supported murder of inmates on Death row is great
    Obamacare is evil but our members of Congress deserve my tax supported Health care.
    Bush 43 invaded Iraq w/o any exit strategy and caused the downfall of 5-6 middle east govs. We are surprised by the extremism in Europe that followed. Hell just kill all Muslims is the only answer.

This country is a big joke to the rest of Earth.
    WordNet (r) 3.0 (2006) (wn)
    extremism
    n 1: any political theory favoring immoderate uncompromising
    policies

I'll try and look it up in a decent oxford dictionary... I did online search on a oxford dictionary but I suspect there is better oxford dictionaries than what I received for results.

Point I am trying to make is, one could be rightly called an extremist for good things or bad things...
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 18-04-2017 at 15:18.
    #magi

I like to post
    What a shame that only the dictionary-makers get a say on what our words mean :(

Can't I have a say too!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    What a shame that only the dictionary-makers get a say on what our words mean :(

Can't I have a say too!?
    As far as I'm concerned, no!
    #magi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    What is "Islamic extremism" anyway? Someone who follows Islam without exceptions?
    Islamic extremists carries out jihad as instructed in the Koran. When I was in the military we where educated on our enemy which is these extremist. Problem is any Muslim can wake up one day and become a Islamic extremist. Koran is very specific on how to treat non believers. The extremist just follows the Holy Koran to the letter. Many people have tried to answer the why peaceful Muslims become radical islamic extremist. Generally most research I have seen done, points to life changing events, enivorment or just seeking a higher level of religious State. Hope that helps answer your question.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Problem is any Muslim can wake up one day and become a Islamic extremist.
    That's some might fine fear mongering you've got going there.

Koran is very specific on how to treat non believers. The extremist just follows the Holy Koran to the letter.
    Yea, just look at this stuff...
    If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
    6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
    12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.
    ****, wait, that's the bible ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Many people have tried to answer the why peaceful Muslims become radical islamic extremist.
    Brainwashing via propaganda (or in some cases, anti-muslim reality). Its not all that complicated

In the name of God

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Brainwashing via propaganda is not all that complicated
    That's eggsactly what I've been saying about Rupert Murdock and Fox. Why does the US allow a foreign national to spew his fascist extreme right lies?
    I am 100% sure HoT is a nice guy, I also believe nothing he chats. I do read it.
    I have never read the Koran, don't plan to, but I've always heard it says nothing about Jihad on nations.

I am mystified by the 3 main religions praying to the God, the ONLY God of Abraham, killing each other every day for eons. Since time began.
    Am I my Brothers keeper?
    What hypocrites we are. Jews killing Jew, Christians killing Christians, Muslims killing Muslims, and every amalgam of those 3. Man, Woman, Child all in the name of God...
    I thank God every day I am an Atheist.

@ khrono : sure shinto, budist, hindu, pagan, etc too; but when an atheist kills its not hypocrisy its only against the law of man and morally wrong.

I was chatting more about war; gang violins; or old terror vendettas, I am old enough to remember the terror attacks of the IRA vs England for example. I did not mean murder such as for stealing, or crimes of passion.
    Last edited by kendy; 20-04-2017 at 20:07. Reason: God told me to

Plenty of killing in the name of "law", of "truth", of "science" going on all over... plenty of atheists doing killing in whatever name motivates them.

Pretty much people will kill whoever they want to kill in the name of whatever will motivate other peoples to help them and or what helps them hide from the fact they are not good people.
    #magi

Veteran
    That's some might fine fear mongering you've got going there.

Yea, just look at this stuff...

****, wait, that's the bible ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Brainwashing via propaganda (or in some cases, anti-muslim reality). Its not all that complicated
    Few things, one you quoted the old testament which if fine. But once Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins the old law where no More. Why Christians believe to this day to turn the other cheek. But I am not going to argue religion as it's a never ending argument. Simple difference that you missed is zero Christian nations are doing terrorism, genocide or chemical weapon attacks. Now plenty of places in history Christians did terrible things in the name of God. But where they really Christians? You can debate that in circles, for instance I don't view Cathics as Christians. But others would view them as such. I am not fear mongering, I am putting out facts. I could careless if you agree with them or Not.;)

I guess it all depends on what version your reading. Did Palem quote the Christian or the Jewish old testament and does Palem even know there is a difference.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Simple difference that you missed is zero Christian nations are doing terrorism, genocide or chemical weapon attacks.
    Lol wut? Russia? Rwanda? Ringing any bells? China is a bit of a stretch, but most definitely not a Muslim nation. They might not be executing the acts, but there lots of Christians who openly celebrate the deaths of "sinners" right here in the US.

Also, new testimate is much tamer, but there's still some violence.

Luke 19:27
    But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Mathew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I guess it all depends on what version your reading. Did Palem quote the Christian or the Jewish old testament and does Palem even know there is a difference.
    I don't consider myself any kind of a religious expert and don't have much of a personal background in religion, but in my travels I do know that there isn't any significant differences between the torah and the old testimate.

For what it's worth I do believe both are from the old testimate, although I admittedly don't know and don't care to look it up lol

*it's at this point that I'll harbor no ill will towards anyone for practicing the religion of their choice. I am not an "all religions are a cancer!" atheist lol*

Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    I thank God every day I am an Atheist.

Lol wut? Russia? Rwanda? Ringing any bells? China is a bit of a stretch, but most definitely not a Muslim nation. They might not be executing the acts, but there lots of Christians who openly celebrate the deaths of "sinners" right here in the US.

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

I don't consider myself any kind of a religious expert and don't have much of a personal background in religion, but in my travels I do know that there isn't any significant differences between the torah and the old testimate.

For what it's worth I do believe both are from the old testimate, although I admittedly don't know and don't care to look it up lol

*it's at this point that I'll harbor no ill will towards anyone for practicing the religion of their choice. I am not an "all religions are a cancer!" atheist lol*

Well there is a difference between Christian Old Testaments and Jewish ones and that difference was present at the foundation of what caused the two to go different ways. I wont go anymore into it, but, its important for accuracy to know about.

For the record all most all English translations come chiefly from the Jewish Old Testament with some alterations to conform to certain Christian Dogmas... but these versions come from sources Jewish minus those small alterations... the whole concept is very anti Christian as far as what is historically considered Christian.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 21-04-2017 at 03:32.
    #magi

Veteran

Seriously saying Russia is a Christian nation? Lololol. Both China and Russia outlawed Christianity for many years and even jailed Christians for practicing it. Anyways it's common knowledge in today's world Christians are peaceful people.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I mean a Christian nation in terms of the main/most popular religion being Christianity (which it is), not that it's foundation had anything to do with christianity or whatever other implication "Christian nation" might suggest. A poor choice of wording lol. I was up late =/

And no, it's not common knowledge that Christians are peaceful people. They are no more peaceful than any major religion.
    Last edited by Palem; 21-04-2017 at 10:09.

I like to post

Islamic extremists carries out jihad as instructed in the Koran. When I was in the military we where educated on our enemy which is these extremist. Problem is any Muslim can wake up one day and become a Islamic extremist. Koran is very specific on how to treat non believers. The extremist just follows the Holy Koran to the letter. Many people have tried to answer the why peaceful Muslims become radical islamic extremist. Generally most research I have seen done, points to life changing events, enivorment or just seeking a higher level of religious State. Hope that helps answer your question.
    That's not education it'sindoctrination go read up on the difference. The fact is that almost any human being can be indoctrinated into becoming an "extremist" and go off to kill for a "higher purpose" just look at the US Military, killing in the name of country is no better than killing in the name of "God". Now Self Defence or the defence of others is one thing but that's not generally what the US Military does or has been doing for decades.

But where they really Christians? You can debate that in circles, for instance I don't view Cathics as Christians. But others would view them as such.
    So what exactly are Catholics then if not Christians? and what exactly constitutes a Christian?
    But it's probably easier to speak of Abrahamitic religions(Christianity, Judaism, Islam) for you all share the same God, namely the god of Abraham.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information