Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Interview with Mehul Patel - Creator of Utopia

Needs to get out more
    It works.

As a serial kingdom hopper I can attest to the adventure.

"I don't know who the hell you people are, but I want answers" swagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Scribe
    great interview Panthira

and I also agree shuffling would be great. Sure we all like the people we play with (mostly), but we can keep in contact with people we already met and still meet new people. I think it would increase Utopia's players and possibly revive irc as well.

Enthusiast
    It's amazing how the creator thought playing competitively with all of the background analytics available to him was basically cheating... but our current admin uses it to solidify his position in the most elite of kingdoms. I'm sure none of that data is used to consider decisions made in-game....

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    but our current admin uses it to solidify his position in the most elite of kingdoms.
    What are you on about?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

RoO of course, part of the Utopian platinum bloodline.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Postaholic
    It's amazing how the creator thought playing competitively with all of the background analytics available to him was basically cheating... but our current admin uses it to solidify his position in the most elite of kingdoms. I'm sure none of that data is used to consider decisions made in-game....
    Please don't use this interview to knock Bishop. Mehul was in a different position and it is not comparable. If the "current admin" wished to play in the "most elite of kingdoms" (which I doubt), so what? And it's none of your business anyway. I don't know why this set my teeth on edge, but it did.

Thanks y'all for the comments.
    Common player judgements aside...
    Mehul is happy to see the game lives on AND he is grateful to the "current admin" for helping make that happen.

Post Fiend
    I will be the first to criticize Bishop, his behavior, and his lack of ethics. But this bit is a stretch. Maybe he does use some of the data to his advantage, none of us can ever know for sure - but there is no doubt in my mind that this is below even him. He's a poor admin, and seems to be a crappy person in general, but that doesn't mean he blatantly cheats.

I specifically watched a lot of the RoO/DD conflict for signs of this. I won't go into detail on the matter, but I am 99% certain Bishop doesn't cheat.

Where was the ability to submit questions for this interview?

Interview was interesting. Would love to see more interviews from more people, and maybe some better follow through when setting them up.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem for a Scream View Post
    Where was the ability to submit questions for this interview?

Interview was interesting. Would love to see more interviews from more people, and maybe some better follow through when setting them up.
    I went to friends and asked if they had any questions they'd like submitted. I wasn't sure I would post in my name, or if I'd hand it to palem to post. Asf, Octo, and a few others have questions they submitted.

Perhaps in the future, I'll do an open thread to submit questions.

Nice interview. I play this game for nostalgia. Longing for the days tripping down the long road looking for signs that point you the way to a higher place to meditate and feel the quiet of the Earth...

That was back when we used to be alright.

I keep coming back hoping Earth:2025 will show up. I was actually good at that game.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The earth community kept the game going if you still want to play

http://www.earthempires.com

Regular
    thank you mehul for creating my favorite game! can we bring back the boats and the freaks and dark elf please?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    What are you on about?
    He's prolly thinking you played in my kd after you renamed us little ponies and I called kd bishop's little ponies
    -Gurch

I used to talk to Mehul all the time. I still have his contact info - He really was worried about the game dying and at one point he said he would create another version - but then things stabilized here - if someone really does have a question for him you can message me and i will get you an answer -- so pm me :P

Forum Fanatic
    Ask him if Blakes still a ass

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information