Thread: Draft Cost?

Regular

Draft Cost?

I'm making a program to help with draft calculation for time and money and I can't seem to figure out how draft cost/ soldier works. Does anyone know the formula or has an idea to what influences the cost per soldier drafted? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry If there is already a post about this, I tried to find it before posting but could not.

Needs to get out more
    Help this person guys.

@cnt. We have players here who know, they're just being shy. Couple of them have created their on bots so it's a forgone conclusion they know the formula. I'm a slop player and I'm just happy when I can train 1000 of something at a time.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 06-11-2016 at 09:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    I checked across the entire forums for the formula. The best I could find was that peasants played a part. Without any other influences this is what I have:

None - 0
    Reserve - peasants / 260
    Normal - peasants / 155
    Aggressive - peasants / 105
    Emergency - peasants / 71

Those are the best estimates but i'm pretty sure there is something else missing.

This is not taking into account any spells, stance, war effects, dragons, armories, etc.
    Last edited by cnt; 05-11-2016 at 23:10.

Yes there are many threads started about this subject. The base cost is know, but how it rises, and at which point exactly it starts to rise remains unknown to me at least- I have seen thread where ppl asking for data points as you draft but I always forget/too lazy I guess. Of course im sure there ARE people who've worked it out, but as StratO says they are shy!

I tried to find it for linkage, but the search tool here is a real gem

Regular
    I think I figured it out:

Draft cost = Military/Total Population * Base cost * Stance * Armories * 2.4

Base cost is:
    Reserve - 30
    Normal - 50
    Aggressive - 75
    Emergency - 110

Needs to get out more
    Cool.

Part of the problem in finding answers is that many mathematicians live in a one-shot-one-kill thought culture. If everyone is friendly and working toward the same goal, things are cool. But a heated discussion is ruinous to ones reputation in a world driven by numerical "truths".

Guys like me would hardly notice and "close is good enough". I've witnessed the mathematically biased tend to call each other out for any past misstep. Heck, I can't even calculate a ratio, mathematically. I eyeball things.

Thank you for the enlightening research. Now I can't say I wasn't shown a logical foundation for draft strategy.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    As one of these "mathematicians" - uh, what?

However, that can't be the whole formula, it is all wrong, no-one knows anything! (Sarcasm guys, for those that didn't notice.) Seriously though, doesn't draft cost never fall below the base? (I'm orc this age, so I *really* can't help any on testing.)

So I'd think the term (Mil/TPop *2.4) needs to gain a minimum of 1, leading to MAX(2.4*Mil/TPop, 1). But I'm not really sure of that, so someone on super low draft (41.66% or lower) could hopefully check.

@Strato - I think you are crossing up ego and math. And math usually is good at beating the "I'm never wrong" ego out of people, since everyone makes mistakes, and in math said mistakes don't hide very well. Claiming math as a cover for ego... sure, I see a lot of that. But their math is almost always drivel anyway, not normally worth my time.

Contrastingly, you trust the math to tell you things instead of the other way around - and wisely keep some skepticism of what it actually tells you. Very mathematician of you philosophy-wise, despite your avoidance of the nuts and bolts that I like to fiddle with.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Hmmm are you sure it's against max pop or is it maybe tied to ppa? Have someone intra FB you and see if the cost jumps!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Seriously though, doesn't draft cost never fall below the base? (I'm orc this age, so I *really* can't help any on testing.)
    On the Military page, like many other things, the cost displayed /soldier never goes go below base costs- BUT in CF when costs are halved and it still shows base cost, if you do the math on gc/soldier drafted you are in fact paying half of what the military page says (last i checked at least), this is ignoring armouries of course.

EDIT:
    Also, I just used your figures and it didn't line up :)

Total population 53,714 Military & Thief population 34,245
    Normal, No Armouries

to me that works out to 45 or so with the math above, actual cost is 35.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 06-11-2016 at 17:34. Reason: test

Needs to get out more
    Fair enough, Ethan lol. You know I have great respect for you. I apologize for my generalization.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    I was mostly just joking a bit. I (mostly) understood what you meant, and it is also a valid commentary. Defining useful categorizations, like starting assumptions, is as much art as science. Was just putting a finer point onto it, that talent at math is mostly independent of personality, and you were more-so speaking to a personality style. (As I know I try to avoid the behavior you were describing. Hence then playing it for hyperbole immediately afterwards.)

@Rattlehead - I would guess that the military page is not taking stances into account, since afaik that is fairly typical for the game. If you were getting precisely half the base cost, I would posit that actually argues for there being a minimum at the base.

Of course, all of this a bit obsolete by your observation being very different that predicted by the currently proposed formula. Again, Orc here, so I'm not help other than kibitzing.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Ya, I was agreeing with you on the base, for sure!

MAYbe I'll remember next time I draft from scratch :P

Also,
    Draft cost = Military/Total Population * Base cost * Stance * Armories * 2.4
    If I am not mistaken... stances don't effect cost/soldier? Fort will increase your costs, but its the number of soldiers, not the cost per unit. Aggressive is wages only.

EoWCF offers -50% Draft costs, but its not really a stance.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 07-11-2016 at 03:10.

With some recording since my last war I have come up with this, and I think its pretty accurate so far- prove me wrong, please!

Draft Cost Mod = IF(A1>=0.3,1,(1.75*(0.3-A1))+1)

Where A1 = Peasants% (Not sure yet if it is Peas% of Total, or of Max)

So, basically once your peasant population dips below 30%, each % below the 30-mark will increase Draft costs by 1.75%.

Edit: I do have some outliers in my data, so like I said; pretty accurate. Close enough for estimates, at least for me. I will keep tracking and see if I can refine further.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 23-11-2016 at 01:33.

Thread Information