Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Large KD Raze/PK'ing me for plundering their inactive once

Postaholic
    Plundering for gc while preparing for war is always risky. Not sure if you mean you had an agreed war or anything, but I know some kingdoms if they get hit in any capacity from a kingdom tagged war agreed, or that are in a hostile, etc they will be a lot more unforgiving in their retaliation.

Also assuming that you treat a top 5 kingdom's "inactive" the same as any other inactive on this server is wrong. Usually those kingdoms have a very close knit group of people. Perhaps that person didnt log on in 3 days because he was just stockpiling gc and made enough food etc that he didnt need to cast self spells, so really logging in wasn't required because he can find out "what's happening" just through their kingdoms' chatting tools. So maybe the province wasn't as inactive as you thought.

Either way, If you want to shave some gc from a top province, or from an inactive, the best way to do it is with robs. Get your T/M's to get some robs going. That way the kingdom doesn't see that you took the gc, only the individual province (which as you say is inactive anyway).

Lots of missteps here, and just take it as a learning experience. Or hit them back, whatever you want to do.. that is the beauty of this game lol. Any province and kingdom can do whatever they want, there are simply repercussions for doing certain things. Teach that to your new players, or tell them not to hit out without consulting one of your leaders first. A probation of sorts until they learn the game better.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by aak12345 View Post
    Newbies should be allowed to make mistakes so they can learn the multiple layers of nuance the game offers.
    They did and they learned?

I wanted to raze your duke .... but I guess razing only the King of the kingdom seem like the appropriate responses

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

I was under the impression that the general consensus nowadays was that whenever you get bullied, you start an Avian Warrior and you raze them in their next war?
    My post is more right than yours because I am prettier than you.
    ♥ Katje

Quote Originally Posted by trekdrop View Post
    I was under the impression that the general consensus nowadays was that whenever you get bullied, you start an Avian Warrior and you raze them in their next war?
    Yes. And in the top you automatically gb anybody who causes you trouble.

Utopia never changes... But the double speak, whining, crying, and butthurt intensifies with each age.

Post Fiend
    You guys know what's funny in this post..

All the talk of rogue prov n stuff
    The prov that hit into the big kd... The creator of this thread... Is the monarch of that small kd.

MIND BLOWN

*drops mic*
    Last edited by arcticdemon; 08-11-2016 at 00:24.
    The original pirate nub

Quote Originally Posted by arcticdemon View Post
    You guys know what's funny in this post..

All the talk of rogue prov n stuff
    The prov that hit into the big kd... The creator of this thread... Is the monarch of that small kd.

MIND BLOWN

*drops mic*
    Makes thread better

#rekt

Forum Addict
    I only plundered once, yes. The other hits were not me.

And for the sake of argument, let's say it was 4x plunder of an inactive... is raze/kill an appropriate response as retaliation or is it just an abuse of circumstance?

Seriously?! Their Attitude To Us Hostile (131 points) Our Attitude To Them Unfriendly (10 points)

Aside: Are you allowed to post KD names here? If so, what is the point of hiding KD/island #?
    The problem is two fold.

Firstly, the best targets are ones in kds that your own kd wouldn't mind warring, if it came to that.

Secondly, there is so much crap being posted in these forums about how 'small kingdoms can own big kingdoms' by several people that unfortunately some players will read it, believe it and act on it. You will only come out on top against big kingdoms if you do not give a tinkers cuss about your own province and kingdom. Don't be misled by all these posts saying that if you hit big kingdoms they'll CF. IMO there is a lot of bull crap posted.

In some circumstances they might, in others they will just pound you. Always assume the latter.

Thirdly, yeah, their actions were excessive IMO. But as none of the biggest kds care about the smaller kingdoms, and these days they don't care about the game community as a whole, nobody who could do something about it is going to do anything about it, so it is what it is.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You should absolutely retaliate big kingdoms. Almost always. Hitting a much larger kingdom that has nothing better to do than reign death upon the ghetto that hit them 4x isn't really what people like myself advocate by telling people not to be afraid of hitting larger kingdoms.

You should also never get attached to your province. It's going to reset every 14'ish weeks anyway.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You should also never get attached to your province. It's going to reset every 14'ish weeks anyway.
    briliant as alwys pamela. we are now near en of age so nothing fishy

The "top KD" in this case is garbage...regardless how big they are they cant remove the stink of trash these guys bring to this game.

First off...they wouldn't be holding so much GC if they were actively "playing the game" correctly

Instead of attacking and warring KDs of similar size and calibur at every possible chance they somehow "cannot be brought to fight without being 100%", so they circumvent basic fundamental values of the game thru deals with those enemy kingdoms as if they expected them to play by their interpretation of "fair"...all for tons of time to waste holding tons of gc just to then get mad when it doesn't go according to their plans:

i.e. attacking/razing provinces excessively for gc plunders
    i.e. dumb dealbreaks over language of the deals which will lead to endless ages of qqing in the forums

If you are truely pissed and don't want to go into the trouble of building a KD to defend against them (or involve other players into your personal vendetta)...Best thing you can do is remember the name of the KD and try to join it the next age.

Then backstab them in war by giving up their plans and info...see how they like it when Top KDs poison the well in which they drink to replenish their player base.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    The "top KD" in this case is garbage...regardless how big they are they cant remove the stink of trash these guys bring to this game.

First off...they wouldn't be holding so much GC if they were actively "playing the game" correctly

Instead of attacking and warring KDs of similar size and calibur at every possible chance they somehow "cannot be brought to fight without being 100%", so they circumvent basic fundamental values of the game thru deals with those enemy kingdoms as if they expected them to play by their interpretation of "fair"...all for tons of time to waste holding tons of gc just to then get mad when it doesn't go according to their plans:

i.e. attacking/razing provinces excessively for gc plunders
    i.e. dumb dealbreaks over language of the deals which will lead to endless ages of qqing in the forums

If you are truely pissed and don't want to go into the trouble of building a KD to defend against them (or involve other players into your personal vendetta)...Best thing you can do is remember the name of the KD and try to join it the next age.

Then backstab them in war by giving up their plans and info...see how they like it when Top KDs poison the well in which they drink to replenish their player base.
    Gonna be honest, any KD that recruits out of ghettos these days is dumb af.

I mean, what is left is obviously trash. Look at these too examples. Look at others on the forums recently, like that retard with the plunders. Any KD that recruits from ****holes like these deserves what they have coming.

But either way, I say just bring back alliances!

but when something like this happens, it makes the community look bad.
    No it doesn't. I was in your position when I started playing the game several years ago. I plundered just before our agreed war a guy from a KD 1.5-2x our NW. The KD didn't do anything to me. They massacred my monarch couple of times and asked for cf(it was around the first month of the age if I remember correct). I got my lesson not to start fights with larger KDs.

Few weeks ago I was on the other side - a KD twice smaller than us abducted scientists from one of our faeries. What do you think we had to do? Sit and wait for another abduct? We retaliate. Not as hard as I wanted but still our monarch didn't want to make a mortal enemy.

Your problem is that you are complaining and asking for empathy for doing something you shouldn't have done. Get the lesson and move on.

Stop crying, your tears serve only to keep Steel alive.

Postaholic
    The bigger kingdom's just trying to set an example. By posting here you've helped them accomplish their goal. Now all smart players will know not to plunder that kingdom. While you're at it, don't plunder mine either, because we just learned this tactic from them and might try it out soon.

But to the player that died, and those who say this kills the game...anyone ballsy enough to hit a top kingdom is good enough to play in a kingdom where you'd learn better than to pick fights out of range.

Thread Information