Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of returning to the fold

Thinking of returning to the fold

I am a oldie. Been like 4-5 years since I took a break from the game. I found myself today with too much time on my hand for once. And look where my boredom brought me.

Utopia.

It seems like I never get ride of this addiction. Always coming back now.

The game seems..different. Before I throw myself head first in the action again, I would love if some of you could answer couple of my questions:

1) The owner situation..

Mehul sold it and the company that bought it, sold it to gamespot..and now what? I have been lurking in the different forums and the vibes I get is that people don't know what the future holds for the game.

Have gamespot mentioned anything about their intentions?

2) Utopia now and before..

I am sure there are lots of players who has played Utopia of the old days. The mehul times. The early ages when we had boats. Fun times, huh?

So what have changed?

If someone could read just few sentences what they think is big difference between utopia now and few years ago, it would be very cool. Or if it means pointing to a thread that covers this, that would also work.

3) What the heck is Utopia kingdoms..

My friends told me to try the "new" Utopia and read some about it..and thought until I found my way back here to the temple, that it was the new Utopia. What the heck is this kingdom stuff?

Tags: http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/iphone-ringtones-free/, nhac chuong nokia, http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/samsun...ones-download/
    Last edited by adamjohnson; 03-04-2017 at 04:12.

This guy is a troll... He keeps opening similar threads about returning to the game and random stuff like that.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    This guy is a troll... He keeps opening similar threads about returning to the game and random stuff like that.
    Makes sense. I thought it seemed odd that somebody who returned "today" after a 4-5 year hiatus has a four-month-old forum account...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
    I am a oldie. Been like 4-5 years since I took a break from the game. I found myself today with too much time on my hand for once. And look where my boredom brought me.

Utopia.

It seems like I never get ride of this addiction. Always coming back now.

The game seems..different. Before I throw myself head first in the action again, I would love if some of you could answer couple of my questions:

1) The owner situation..

Mehul sold it and the company that bought it, sold it to gamespot..and now what? I have been lurking in the different forums and the vibes I get is that people don't know what the future holds for the game.

Have gamespot mentioned anything about their intentions?

2) Utopia now and before..

I am sure there are lots of players who has played Utopia of the old days. The mehul times. The early ages when we had boats. Fun times, huh?

So what have changed?

If someone could read just few sentences what they think is big difference between utopia now and few years ago, it would be very cool. Or if it means pointing to a thread that covers this, that would also work.

3) What the heck is Utopia kingdoms..

My friends told me to try the "new" Utopia and read some about it..and thought until I found my way back here to the temple, that it was the new Utopia. What the heck is this kingdom stuff?
    welcom back

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by dawan View Post
    welcom back
    Exactly. It's not like alleged trolls aren't welcome either. How else are we going to stoke the flames?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Watch me Strato.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The last time someone asked "How are we going to stoke the flames" we established a climate-denying, anti-equality, xenophobic government that can act virtually unopposed on anything they'd wish.....so yea could we not flame any more flames for a bit?

#YesImSalty

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The last time someone asked "How are we going to stoke the flames" we established a climate-denying, anti-equality, xenophobic government that can act virtually unopposed on anything they'd wish.....so yea could we not flame any more flames for a bit?

#YesImSalty
    Climate-denying, you say? I'm not sure I've met or read of a soul that denies climate. Though many the world over do deny the impact humanity has had on global climate change. And rightly so, as data is comparatively sparse and we all know both sides have now been caught doctoring research and accepting bribe money.

Anti-equality, you say? I'd like to see evidence of that somewhere. I don't recall any remarks to that effect.

Xenophobic? Finally reached the point where I can call you a hack. Congratulations Palem.

EDIT: Someone give me Palem's loc I feel he needs motivational taunts for the rest of the age.
    Last edited by Pillz; 10-11-2016 at 01:06. Reason: above

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Climate-denying, you say? I'm not sure I've met or read of a soul that denies climate. Though many the world over do deny the impact humanity has had on global climate change. And rightly so, as data is comparatively sparse and we all know both sides have now been caught doctoring research and accepting bribe money.

Anti-equality, you say? I'd like to see evidence of that somewhere. I don't recall any remarks to that effect.

Xenophobic? Finally reached the point where I can call you a hack. Congratulations Palem.

EDIT: Someone give me Palem's loc I feel he needs motivational taunts for the rest of the age.
    My loc is nonexistent. I haven't had a province since my one died last age.

Save the Donald talk for someone that gives a ****. I couldn't begin to a damn about your opinion on my political views

Quote Originally Posted by palem View Post
    my loc is nonexistent. I haven't had a province since my one died last age.

Save the donald talk for someone that gives a ****. I couldn't begin to a damn about your opinion on my political views
    c u c k
    u
    c
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Chanain View Post
    Makes sense. I thought it seemed odd that somebody who returned "today" after a 4-5 year hiatus has a four-month-old forum account...
    I was going to say that I came back 2 years ago from a much longer hiatus. Then read the "4 month old forum account"

Quote Originally Posted by Elitism View Post
    I was going to say that I came back 2 years ago from a much longer hiatus. Then read the "4 month old forum account"
    He's got a thread in recruiting from a month ago that he abandoned.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitism View Post
    lol, yeah. I came back from a hiatus of about a decade. In August.

<----

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

#YesImSalty
    I've pondered that, if I were American, it's almost plausible that I could imagine voting for Trump. Not because I don't find absolutely everything he says to be repugnant, but because it makes for a much more *fun* way for the American Empire to end, taking everyone else with them, than the slow decline into irrelevance under the status quo. It's like the electoral equivalent of trolling.

But Pillz has a point: The climate's been changing for all 6000 years the earth has existed, and we've only been tracking that change for a short time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanain View Post
    lol, yeah. I came back from a hiatus of about a decade. In August.

<----

;)

I've pondered that, if I were American, it's almost plausible that I could imagine voting for Trump. Not because I don't find absolutely everything he says to be repugnant, but because it makes for a much more *fun* way for the American Empire to end, taking everyone else with them, than the slow decline into irrelevance under the status quo. It's like the electoral equivalent of trolling.

But Pillz has a point: The climate's been changing for all 6000 years the earth has existed, and we've only been tracking that change for a short time, right?
    Trump is hands down, far and away, the safest choice the United States could have made for President this election cycle, given that Hillary was the alternative. It's dangerously irresponsible to state otherwise.

And its more like, the climate has been changing drastically for millions of years and humanity has survived tens of thousands of years of climate change. A couple hundred years of climate data are meaningless in determining the direction of current climate change trends. And of course there is the fact that ground water and soil contamination are exponentially more worrisome to our well bring as a species, and to the rest of the Earths inhabitants, then greenhouse emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    the climate has been changing drastically for millions of years and humanity has survived tens of thousands of years of climate change. A couple hundred years of climate data are meaningless in determining the direction of current climate change trends. And of course there is the fact that ground water and soil contamination are exponentially more worrisome to our well bring as a species, and to the rest of the Earths inhabitants, than greenhouse emissions
    There are MILLIONS of years of climate studies in the ice samples of Antarctica, but the planet had been around for billions.

Does not matter who is US Prez. Overpopulation will doom all humanity within 40 years.
    Wars, starvation, pestilence, and death wait for all our grandchildren. Too Late to fix this brothers.

from skank:
    The Reality TV Show... The real Billionaires of Washington D.C. aka Trump This!

Its a downgrade for Trump from Penthouse to Whitehouse.

Only time in US history a Billionaire family has moved into Public housing while moving a black family out.
    Last edited by kendy; 10-11-2016 at 20:52. Reason: Skank is funny

Thread Information