Thread: slang verification

Enthusiast

slang verification

Wtf whoring?
    Live long and prosper

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Generally speaking, it's trying to finish #1 in a certain chart. It's usually used in referring to the land/NW charts and almost never used referring to the war win chart

Just to add mostly used for honor. There is also sci whoring but considering there isn't official chart it's more about getting tons of sci than finishing 1.

It mostly refers to the process by which you accumulate land(honor) since it involves collecting from a multitude of different targets like a common street whore.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Postaholic
    but if people just use the word "whoring" without saying "honour whoring" or "science whoring" It is referring to a province/kd set on gaining as much land as they possibly can.

Usually the two main directions kingdoms take at start of age are "Warring" meaning aiming for lots of wars and the honour that comes with it, hoping to get top honour and/or war wins, or "Whoring" which is gaining as much land as possible with the goal to end #1 land and/or #1 NW.

Honor whoring was kind of a misnomer until recently. It makes sense now since you can actually accumulate honor more efficiently through random hits oow than you can in war. Very similar to fame!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Needs to get out more
    Most slang has it's basis in fact, so while the idea would lead one to think of "hoarding" we must look at the origin.

In that land crown is determined by nothing other than gobbling up the most acres we need only observe the practice of acres for gold. Here we have a bonafide whoring aspect. While whoring is only one aspect of land aquirenent it does offer a vivid image of the lengths kingdoms will go to for crowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The act of gaining land (sometimes a different resource) that doesn't involve exploring or dicing.

You can thank me for the negative definition and introduction of more Utopia slang later.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Is honor whoring OOW stronger now because kingdoms will hit down to take honor, or also (still?) because once they hit a certain amount of honor they defect and allow their kingdom to strip all their honor, getting invited back in and perpetuating the cycle?

I don't think oow honor whoring is that strong these days because the land gain is permanent (dropping back down implies at least some honor loss) and NW manipulation is not really a thing anymore. What you are referring to was a one time ordeal last age, not common practice.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Raze still doesn't take honor :O

Hmm hmm hmmmm!

Thread Information