Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thieves and Mages what are you TPA and WPA

Post Fiend

Thieves and Mages what are you TPA and WPA

Would love it if you could provide raw and modded. Also if your willing to share both race and personality that would be great also.

Thanks

PS. Just trying to get an idea what every one is running so I can plan next age. Thanks again

Considering some of your other questions and opinions about the game I would advise you not to run a t/m. Pure t/m is hard to play and only really experienced and good players should try it. Probably try some hybrid. T/ms are much more than tpa/wpa at the end of the age.

Now the spam is over and I'm giving my stats at the beginning of my current war: elf/m, 5.5 rtpa(13.3 mod), 8.2 rwpa(33.06 mod).

Post Fiend
    It really depends on KD strategy, and goal you're trying to achieve.
    Ideally I'd have my Faery Heretics at about 5 tpa/wpa, nearing some 18-20 mod tpa/wpa. Elf Heretics at 4 tpa and 5-ish wpa, for about 12 mod tpa and 20 mod wpa (lower tpa than the faes, but attacking power). If I fight (or plan to fight) enemy "tanky" attackers I tend to run higher numbers so that i'm able to break them (enemy dorfs for example). Faery mystic at about 8 wpa and 5.5 tpa or so. Mods about 18 tpa and 30 wpa.
    These are just ballparks though. And depending on who I war those numbers are adjusted.

Post Fiend
    "Considering some of your other questions and opinions about the game I would advise you not to run a t/m. Pure t/m is hard to play and only really experienced and good players should try it. Probably try some hybrid. T/ms are much more than tpa/wpa at the end of the age."

I am not sure if by this statement you are being sincere or a smart@ss. I played the game for around 50 ages straight, before i left and took an almost three year break. I could play any role then and very well. But after coming back, there have been a lot of changes without the updates to wiki, pimp is outdated, everyone seems to get a kick out of keeping stuff "secret".

Unless you are a total newb, or it is a totally newbie question, everyone seems to be hesitant to be forthcoming with info. Thats not how it was when I left. The Strategy forums were very active with actual strategy discussions and questions. About all anyone seems to care about now is keeping secrets, or not enough care to bother.

You answered though and I appreciate that Bo To. Maybe not the unsolicited advice though. I did not plan on going TM next age, just as a hybrid mage and needed a ballpark about what others were running. But thanks for the warning that I obviously am not up to it, lol.

Night that is a perfect response and thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Abuse View Post
    I played the game for around 50 ages straight, before i left and took an almost three year break. I could play any role then and very well. But after coming back, there have been a lot of changes without the updates to wiki, pimp is outdated, everyone seems to get a kick out of keeping stuff "secret".
    This is exactly what I mean. I don't want to be smartass or to insult you. You are still adapting to the changes of meta, roles and wars. T/ms must be extremely adaptive to the enemy, the war direction and change their build often in wars and oow. Some more monitoring would help you more. Someone in your KD to guide you about the KD setup/strategy is advised.

You learn to walk then you learn to swim :).

Regular
    I'm often not the largest province in my KD (mostly around the middle in size) as TM so I only go with 5 raw WPA/TPA most of the time so I can keep a decent amount for defense. Been massacred a lot lately so running high guilds and kidnapping to max pez at start of war to get quick draft and gold to refill thieves in a day or two to get right back to ops.

Needs to get out more
    This is silly. You just run one and see where you are. Take intel.

Many ages I'm simply running an experimental build. I know a lot of guys get worked about what's most efficient, but c'mon.
    Trust your old instincts and role a freakin' t/m.

In fact, whatever you're playing now, just grab intel off a t/m in a good kingdom in a situation. Don't have enough thieves? Train them. Don't have enough scientists? Move them.

SN, ask questions like you are here, but get the ball rolling. That's the actual advice I'm giving. It starts when you decide to be a t/m. Heck, if you're kingdom is idling you should reset. I've done it several times.

Don't let the danger of failure keep you posturing on the sidelines. Unless you're the number 1 province in the game, no one including yourself will remember.

..Unless you're in Bo To's kingdom, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Elf/Mystic
    Wizards (8.11 Wizards Per Acre)
    Thieves (6.145 per acre)

Alchemy 0 +0.0% Income
    Tools 15 +15.0% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 17 +10.0% Population Limits
    Food 2 +6.0% Food Production
    Military 17 +9.7% Military Efficiency
    Crime 16 +96.0% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 17 +150.0% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Running ~ 35% land on TD/WTs/Unis depending on kingdom/stance etc

Good luck next age :)

PS: Bo To: how do you get your 8.2 rwpa(33.06 mod)? 8.2*2.5*1.4 = 28.7?
    Last edited by Kitzz; 13-11-2016 at 15:52. Reason: PS

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzz View Post
    Elf/Mystic
    Wizards (8.11 Wizards Per Acre)
    Thieves (6.145 per acre)

Alchemy 0 +0.0% Income
    Tools 15 +15.0% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 17 +10.0% Population Limits
    Food 2 +6.0% Food Production
    Military 17 +9.7% Military Efficiency
    Crime 16 +96.0% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 17 +150.0% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Running ~ 35% land on TD/WTs/Unis depending on kingdom/stance etc

Good luck next age :)

PS: Bo To: how do you get your 8.2 rwpa(33.06 mod)? 8.2*2.5*1.4 = 28.7?
    Honor Bonus

Veteran
    How do you guys get an okay amount of offense/defense with that much raw t/wpa?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    Without really high honor i don't think they can have good off and def. Good def yes. Enough off to hit chained provinces.

Yeah i am too impatient, hence the thread, to spend an entire age playing around with stuff, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    I started my war with ~170 dpa. It's not much but since the limited sci I have that's the best I can achieve. The best def is offence - you have big attackers with insane off so the enemy has to chain them.

Strato - t/m is not attacker... with attacker you can't go wrong. Not optimal - yes but never wrong. You can start as attacker in year 10(create new prov) and you will be fine. If you start as a t/m in year 10 the KD will kill you because t/ms must start from year 0 and keep playing/developing entire age.

Fairy Heretic
    Number of thieves 11,446 (5.354 per acre)
    Wizards 10,778 (5.04 Wizards Per Acre)

Science Type Number of scientists Effect
    Alchemy 15 +29.5% Income
    Tools 15 +14.7% Building Effectiveness
    Housing 15 +8.9% Population Limits
    Food 5 +30.0% Food Production
    Military 15 +8.7% Military Efficiency
    Crime 14 +105.0% Thievery Effectiveness
    Channeling 14 +105.0% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NoA View Post
    Honor Bonus
    Thank you! forgot about that bit hehe

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    I only have enough def to not be double tapped by highest offence, and depending on how war goes, you can play with your def to touch "unbreakable" via fort/wages/training etc.
    I don't believe any province is "UB" though, with enough effort, any province can be taken down, it's only how much effort to bring me down vs what my mates can do in return.

Thread Information