Thread: Thieves and Mages what are you TPA and WPA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Postaholic
    I guess it just depends what your housing sci is used for and what your raw tpa is at. 17 scientists for both categories. If I put the full 10% of population that I get from housing sci as thieves that is +2.5 raw tpa with only invis/TD's to modify it. If I put those 17 scientists into crime (at start of age I was at 4 raw tpa) then crime gives me +5 tpa because of 125% tpa sci (also modified by invis and td's ).

Dont forget Homes aren't affected by housing sci, only honour , so it is basically early age just a bonus 2.5 ppa. Also, this isn't mentioning that crime sci doesn't inflate your Networth whereas adding population does, this is a good thing if you are trying to bank and be out of networth range, but bad if you want to stay in a close NW with their core to op most optimally.

Obviously if you were pumping/econ mode you would put them in alchemy or housing first, then switch them later to crime. Honestly until I was at around 40-45 scientists I wasn't even keeping any profs, I would rotate them around to fit my need. I would put 34 scientists into channeling to NM, then switch them all to crime to NS, then put them back into channeling for wpa defense (so many dam elves this age) and for rune production at tick.

Also as a Heretic this age (our kingdom ran fae/he as a/t/m so we had to have stables and hospitals. But we still ran 10% TD's, enough to offset successful op thief losses (particularly for ops like stealing horses and riots where you need to send a lot of thieves) and to help have a decent mtpa. Our heretics weren't meant to do heavy offensive op'ing against T/M cores though, but to obliterate enemy attackers and gain land becoming UB land grabbers. This is also why I ranked military sci higher than tools, because we used military for offense and for defense, so military sci gave double benefit. The less raw offense i need to send, the more leets i get to keep on defense, also boosted by military sci, so 10% military sci is very very nice for fae/he "faettacker"
    Last edited by jmiedema; 15-11-2016 at 15:16.

Thread Information