Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: #5 land vs #42 land?

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Spartans trying to make another situation about them. Seriously why would noobs/ruthless need to be razed. FS is getting a ton of honor and a war win while Ruthless gets completely destroyed.
    Ruthless obviously deserve what's coming for them.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyone View Post
    Lol any of you who think FS is in the right here are not very bright. Its pretty clear cut and simple. 1 AFK prov with way too much gc, and not enough WTs or TPA lost some gc. We're at the end of the age, and rather than fight a KD their size, FS chose to pick a fight they felt like they couldn't lose. Its a very cowardly thing to do, but I've got a few thoughts as to why. For the cheap seats out there, none of those thoughts have anything to do with a few mil missing from one of their inactives.
    Eh.. i usually don't respond to accounts with 1 post to their name cuz just cowardly multi's who want to disguise their identity to get a dig in.. but whatever..

Our people weren't inactive.. not sure where you are getting that. All provinces reported the gold being stolen 1-4 hours after it was taken... Maybe you are thinking about the other thread where the guy was afk.

Again, if it were a few mill gc as you say, we wouldn't have cared much. But when 3 provinces including the monarch of a kingdom that is in the hunt for WW crown decides to take a provine from 25M gc down to 3M gc as were were preparing for a war, that is just low, and deserves retaliation. We couldn't retal right away because as I said we were preparing for an arranged conflict we had (Their kingdom was tagged war agreed at the time as well, I remember checking) so we wrote their name down for eventual retaliation. After our agreed war got waved from another kingdom, causing us to not be able to war them, we decided what the hell lets get some retals in for it.

Again I will re-iterate: stealing a bit of gc isn't a problem to most kingdoms, just spread it out.. don't take one province from 100% gc to 10% gc.. that is just rude and has a much higher chance of retaliation.

Or you can look at the facts and draw your own conclusions. A large KD with no wars lined up gets a couple mil stolen from an afk prov at the end of the age, and goes after the KD that stole it who's 1/3 their size.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    @Dean,
    I'm afraid we're only 22 provs, so we can 47 tops .. unless we go for the infamous doubletap (Rule #2).

@citadela01,
    Dayum. We're already making fun of Duckles for dying once last age... but second time this age, shame on him! Twice being sat by the monarch?
    Anyway, you speak of 2 provs we targeted, your bud speaks of 1 prov. What's the deal ? Who else did we target, other than Lying by your side?

@jmiedema,
    Yessir, I stole too (White Rose). 750K GC / op, that was more than our entire KD made per tick in a single op. Next time we'll only steal 10% / province rather than an apparent 90% on one guy.
    Not sure what you tried to gain by razing us though. We'd stopped after you asked us to stop (well, more like threatened). You waved us, and then lost like 150-200 mil gc just from FG. Hows that worth it? You lose 2 days pre-war and then a week in war and surely a few days rebuilding. Of what is, at best, pocket change for you. I even was nice enough to offer a cf after both KDs made their point.

Regards,
    NighT
    Only once by monarch, still ... its pretty hillarious

Sieze the mantle would be other prov I belive, alltho he is never updating his news so I cant check, maybe i am wrong.

You did steal much more than you think though, 3 days before you made that run for 25m juicey stole 10m from same guy, and theres more, I made an effort to calc it, you stole just under 40m from Lying by your size alone over last 10 days before we started razing you, mbe more if all his news werent reported.

As for dmg ... well our age was over, we ignored you while we had arranged war, when it went belly up we had nothing better to do. Loosing few provs means nothing at this point, same with money, we had nothing left to play for and we pretty much have everyone cf'ed.

I'd actually prefer if you had offered some land/sci or w/e for cf if you didnt had money to return when we asked, there is another KD just as persisent as you and with much more bm'ing ... would be nice to pay them a visit before age is over.
    Plus i kinda like your 6/6 kd page and ballsy attitude ...
    But oh well ... you opted to max meter and man's gotta do what a man gotta do

ps
    dont mind sparta's trolls, they just taking jabs at FS, they will not raze you

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyone View Post
    Or you can look at the facts and draw your own conclusions. A large KD with no wars lined up gets a couple mil stolen from an afk prov at the end of the age, and goes after the KD that stole it who's 1/3 their size.
    If you want facts, the fact is if a kingdom is 1/3 the size of another one, they shouldn't be even getting their intel. I never rob/attack/do anything against a kingdom I don't think I can beat in a war. That is utopia 101.

Fact: Their monarch was one of the provinces that was robbing, so it wouldn't just be core players being stupid, it was clearly an organized attack.

Fact: Their kingdom was tagged as hostile or war agreed so shouldn't be robbing anything because they expect kingdoms to leave them alone when tagged up as such.

Fact: One of the purposes of a kingdom to grow big in this game is so that they can leverage their size either for CF's OR as protection against attacks/OPS -because- a kingdom would have to be absolutely stupid to rob excessive amounts of anything against a kingdom that could make their life a living hell.

Now I'm not going to respond to your nonsense anymore because:

Fact: accounts with 1-2 posts are -likely- just multi trolls and not worth my time.

What jmiedema said, the fact you even took their intel is reason enough.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    If you want facts, the fact is if a kingdom is 1/3 the size of another one, they shouldn't be even getting their intel. I never rob/attack/do anything against a kingdom I don't think I can beat in a war. That is utopia 101.

Fact: Their monarch was one of the provinces that was robbing, so it wouldn't just be core players being stupid, it was clearly an organized attack.

Fact: Their kingdom was tagged as hostile or war agreed so shouldn't be robbing anything because they expect kingdoms to leave them alone when tagged up as such.

Fact: One of the purposes of a kingdom to grow big in this game is so that they can leverage their size either for CF's OR as protection against attacks/OPS -because- a kingdom would have to be absolutely stupid to rob excessive amounts of anything against a kingdom that could make their life a living hell.

Now I'm not going to respond to your nonsense anymore because:

Fact: accounts with 1-2 posts are -likely- just multi trolls and not worth my time.
    You have no argument here. To sum up everything you just said: Larger KDs have free reign to farm smaller KDs. Its neither honorable nor justifiable. Responses to scale are expected, but your arguments are nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    There were 2 separate occassions (that I am aware of) within the course of 1 week that multiple provs (including monarch) from your kingdom dropped one of our attackers gc 80-90%. Going from say 25 Mill gc to 3 Mill gc. We left it alone while we were preparing for war, but after that fell through (thanks Sparta) we decided that your actions required retaliation.

There is etiquette in stealing from large kd's with lots of gc. All of our attackers were around the same gc and tpa level, so instead of robbing 80-90% of one provinces gc.. just do a couple ops on each prov... that way you dont entirely destroy the prep of one prov. Absolutely destroying one provinces prep is just rude (if you expect no retaliation). If you took like 5% of 10 of our provinces gold, we would be a lot less upset than completely emptying out one of our provs.. that means to prepare for war we have to aid them up to be ready, destroying their trade balance, and hurting their effectiveness in receiving aid in war.

We're just riding out the age, so we don't care if you delay it the rest of the age lol. dealer's choice, but you reap what you sow.
    One of my kingdom-mates stole from Emeriti (the looting was extensive to fund a dragon) and their response was rather smooth about it, warning of razes in the future and proper etiquette. Even bid us good luck in our war.

Overall, very classy.

Post Fiend
    Oh goodie, having dinner can apparently be a very long time for a lot of stuff to happen in the world of uto. Well, lets see.

@s7ark,
    Yes I agree. We tried for like two weeks to find a war. Nobody wanted. Then we had an agreed war with Hippos, but at first we lost 3 provs (1 defect, and then 2 abandons) which was kind of a backstab we had trouble recovering from. So we canceled war. Then a few days later we tried again with Hippos but we could no longer agree to the terms. And pretty soon after FS came knocking. We stole that GC from FS just prior to us losing those three provs (unrelated to the stealing) and expecting to war. Had a bit of a money shortage and figured it was worth the risk eating **** over (that single prov funded pretty much 80% our drake ..).

@Bart,
    I crossed a line towards FS? How? I stole GC, they razed, we razed back. They capped meter, we capped meter. And now we're at war. Where exactly did we cross a line towards silly Spartans? If there needs to be policing we got Devs who can do just that. Dont go running around like some self-appointed policeman.

@octobrev,
    I got PMs from a lot of kingdoms wishing us luck. So apparently theres quite a few people out there who dislike FS at least. I dont know if theres anyone big enough to take advantage of the weakening we're doing, but considering the usual ****play going on near the "top" at end of age I'd be surprised if there isnt anyone whos looking for an easy few acres after this war is over. If there is still time in the age.

@MyNameIsMatija,
    So what ****play did we do? Read the part I told Bart. Not exactly sure what we did wrong here. We stole GC (I'm willing to owe up to the 25-->3 mil stealing). I honestly dont recall us targeting a second province. And considering that I gave the order / spammed TMs to empty out Mr. Moneybags I'd be very surprised if the TMs actually pro-actively target searched for another prov in that KD. Regardless of what provs we stole from / how much we stole ... how is that ****play?

@Junkyone,
    Dear kingdommate (and nub), the guy wasnt inactive. I'm not sure FS in the wrong here, we stole GC and retaliated their razes. They shoulda perhaps just accepted that CF a few hours prior to war, but other than that I'm pretty much agreeing with their actions. So far been fine at least.

@handofthrawn,
    Can I please point out that we are not Ruthless. I'm the old Ruthless monarch, yes. I got 4-5 oldtimers with me who have stuck around/been invited back. But pretty much 80% of this kingdom is new. Ruthless disbanded like 3 ages ago. I hopped around for a bit looking for a challenge, and joined this kingdom week 4 last age. 15 players and absolute ghetto (no monarch, no kingy). I've rebuilt it with those players, and got perhaps 10 of them still with me. This is our first full age together. We are not Ruthless.

@MyNameIsMatija,
    Still not Ruthless. And yes, whatever FS is throwing at us is deserved.

@jmiedema,
    I can vouch for him being an actual prov. He's a player in my kingdom, and I dont think his name is all that disguising.
    Considering that the top money we usually hold is about 1 mil / prov, anyone higher is considered inactive. We are not used to anyone having like 5 mil on their provs, let alone 25 mil. I'm well aware he was not inactive.
    You had everyone CF'ed? Shoulda warred silly Spartans, apparently Barts word / EOACF is pretty hollow. ;-p
    We werent in the hunt for a WW crown though. As I've told my guys from day one, we're in it for the fun wars, and as many of them as possible. If we could clear our war record I would in a heartbeat. Nobody is going to war a 4/4, 5/5 or 6/6 kingdom. All this political/diplo bull**** is very annoying. I'd rather just war and have fun. I couldnt care less about any of the crowns.
    About the stealing GC, noted. May show up in your news a few times then, but dont worry, will only steal 10% :D
    Out of curiosity, are you the monarch of FS?

@citadela01,
    I'd never let him live it down ;p Still reminding our dear Duckles about that daily.
    That Mantle guy was twice the size of our TMs, no way we'd have had good gains stealing from him. Can you confirm with him it actually was us? Was it 2-3 ops, or an actual full run?
    I dont offer up anything for free, sorry bud. You feel angry about us taking your GC, fine, ask us to piss off (which you did with a threat, to which we complied and stopped stealing). You want stuff back? Bummer. I dont hand out freebies. I'm well aware that gets us razes from time to time, that's just how the game works I guess. But I'm sure as well not going to bend over and give it for free. I reckon free might be the wrong choice of words, considering we stole short of ... 40 mil? from you guys. But I hope you get what I mean.
    And dont worry, never taken Bart serious before, not going to start now.

@jmiedema,
    Damn you again? Go have dinner already.
    First fact (about 1/3rd taking intel), pretty much a rule I enforce very strictly. Think this is the one time we went off-script. Had a 35 mil drake to fund (which we canceled after 3 provs lost xDD) and a massive GC shortage. I went target hunting and the first sot I took was that 25 mil goldmine.
    Fact two, yessir, very much organized.
    Fact three, We did have an agreed war. And a money problem. Had hoped to steal, get 3-4 razes as retaliation and a big fat slap on the wrist and move on. Guess we lucked out on both (no war, and more than a few razes).
    Fact four, very much disagree. The game is about warring and having fun (to me that's one and the same actually). I dont care about size or CFs or leveraging (damn, that's just a fancy word for being an overgrown ass and threatening peeps?) stuff.
    Fact five, .. not a troll. Just new to the forums.

@MyNameIsMatija,
    Wow. Just taking intel on a guy is reason to raze? You got serious anger-management issues. I learned a lot from this game by looking at prov setups on the bigger / warring kingdoms. Thank god theres other people out there who take this as a game.

Post Fiend
    @Platapus,
    Yeap, Emeriti is generally a cool bunch. Never had trouble with those guys.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    @citadela01,
    I'd never let him live it down ;p Still reminding our dear Duckles about that daily.
    That Mantle guy was twice the size of our TMs, no way we'd have had good gains stealing from him. Can you confirm with him it actually was us? Was it 2-3 ops, or an actual full run?
    I dont offer up anything for free, sorry bud. You feel angry about us taking your GC, fine, ask us to piss off (which you did with a threat, to which we complied and stopped stealing). You want stuff back? Bummer. I dont hand out freebies. I'm well aware that gets us razes from time to time, that's just how the game works I guess. But I'm sure as well not going to bend over and give it for free. I reckon free might be the wrong choice of words, considering we stole short of ... 40 mil? from you guys. But I hope you get what I mean.
    And dont worry, never taken Bart serious before, not going to start now.
    That UD is played by Baka, he said you stole 40m from him, Iam just takiing his word on it as I have no way to check it. Gains would be good tho, he prolly had 100-150m on hands so even with capacity penalty heretics would get killer gains of him.

Other prov has most/all of his news updated for last 2 weeks so I was able to check, and you deffo took 40m off him.

And dont get us wrong either, I totaly understand where you coming from, needed money, took a risk ... nothing wrong with that. If you got impression we are throwing a fit about it we really arent, we are allrdy in eoa af mode and just autopiloting.
    Its just something that needed to be done u know ... you can only poke a bear for so long before he takes a swipe at you.
    We also totaly respect your decision to fight back and inflict as much dmg as u can, I am a bit sorry you did it cause I wanted to knock on another door, but thats the way it goes I guess ... mbe we still got time for it who knows

You say anger management issues, I say policing.

I've heard your 6/6 war win record came from planted proxy provs. Spare me.

Seems like the folks involved in this situation care less than the ones who are not.

I'm not sure what needs policing... there was no rule broken, if anything the Noobs are getting punished pretty severely by FS.

Yeah I stole your GC... I like shiny things what can I say. You had lots of them. And now I can barely take intel with my < 1 tpa. In addition, I won't be able to FG anymore because you've taken me down to 2 wpa.

Its ok, I am not complaining. I expected this going into this whole situation. Fun tiems for us I suppose. I don't fault FS at all.

@MyNameIsMatija - that is just a really low blow making unfounded claims about my kingdom. You have no clue what you are talking about. Thank you for trying to drag my kingdom's name through the mud. Class act you are.
    Valhalla
    Regulators
    Ruthless
    Noobs

Post Fiend
    @citadela01,
    I really doubt we poked Baka for 40 mil GC. I havent spoken to all my TMs, I got one unaccounted for. But the others did not steal from him. Any chance you can talk to Baka when he wakes up / is around and confirm who it was that stole from him?
    About that Lying guy, we took him from 25-3 (dunno to how low, working with what was mentioned earlier) in a run. And apparently Juicey took him for 10 mil a few days prior to that. Fair enough I guess. Coulda messaged us to not show up in the news then? ;p

I dont have the impression you're throwing a fit. You maybe pushed this a bit further than was necessary, but that was up to you guys. We were short about 30 mil for a drake and decided to risk just a slap on the wrist to fund it down a bit. Had a pretty rough war coming with Hippos.
    We too had other stuffs to do end of age, but then you guys full on razed us. I understand that, but at some point I offered CF when both sides had ceased hits for like 8 hours or something. Figured we'd both made our point and could move on. Then the same tick I offer a CF you make another wave, which really was not necessary. Meter was like what, 150-120 prior to your wave. Point made I'd say.
    Anyway, we're not going to let you go now, sorry, you're going to get to keep knocking on this door.

@MyNameIsMatija,
    Whoever is supplying you with information needs a checkup then. You're wrong. Troll away though.

Post Fiend
    Noobs, don't get carried by Matija or anyone from Sparta trolling here, they just do it all the time. It's best to ignore it
    Dopefiends - They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast

Thread Information