Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: War crown dramas

War crown dramas

Seems the top two WW kds are in a protracted stalemate. I wonder who the crown goes to this age?
    "Because of the implication"

Post Fiend
    Difficult words

Veteran
    Luckily for Settlers, the WW crown isn't coveted by top KDs, so we (My Raging Clue) is stuck in an awkward position after Settlers DB and subsequent refusal to war. **** happens, I guess. CineKaj crushed Brave Scientists and they'll jump past us in the rankings for sure. It's frustrating, and a shame to see our age end in this way.
    Last edited by s0830887; 18-11-2016 at 13:49.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Fiend
    Honey Melons is in the news again? #oddplay

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    CineKaj crushed Scientists and they'll jump us for sure.
    I haven't been paying too much attention to crown races last while, but when I looked at scientists they are #1 honour and no war loss yet. What is the "crush" that happened, as it looks like it didnt affect their honour crown chances.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    I haven't been paying too much attention to crown races last while, but when I looked at scientists they are #1 honour and no war loss yet. What is the "crush" that happened, as it looks like it didnt affect their honour crown chances.
    There's another Scientist kd - Brave Scientists

Clear fakewar.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Yeah, Brave Scientists. Edited for clarity.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Yeah, Brave Scientists. Edited for clarity.
    Josh I thought you took the age off?? I havent been able to keep track this age :(
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    You mean Brave Scientists? You said Brave Scientists three times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQ5P64o8g0

Honey Melons are in our news to, unless you're in our kingdom(?)

Kingdom hopping gets confusing sometimes. From now on everybody will be known as "Slim". I learned this trick from my boss at odd-lots, millennia ago.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-11-2016 at 15:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Drink it down, Zulu warrior!

Haha nah but I took the first half of the age off monarchy cos I was a wee bit burned out and moved country for my job, but I got jealous and took it back ;)
    Last edited by s0830887; 18-11-2016 at 15:50.

My Raging Clue

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    You mean Brave Scientists? You said Brave Scientists three times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQ5P64o8g0

Honey Melons are in our news to, unless you're in our kingdom(?)

Kingdom hopping gets confusing sometimes. From now on everybody will be known as "Slim". I learned this trick from my boss at odd-lots, millennia ago.
    Strato, Melons have tagged up as hostile but are refusing to hit back or declare, so they are sending their armies out 24/7 into other KDs for acres and plunders. I am seeing a lot of retals on them from the KDs they´re hitting, which is satisfying!

My Raging Clue

Regular
    ran out of favours for their signature move, calling in help

Veteran
    The most TL;DR version I could possibly come up with is this (in chronological order):

1) War was agreed with Settlers/Melons for July 21 start.
    2) We came out of fort after 36 hrs or so and spent a couple days in normal to "meet" Melons as they were oof earlier than us and were complaining about losing protection.
    3) Respawned Puppers waved Melons (18 hits) June 22ish (approx 24 hrs before war)
    4) I offered Melons extra time to prep (a clause we included in war deal)
    5) I was told no, extra time was not good enough, there was no point. Instead, Melons wanted MRC to shave 3k acres. I unhappily agreed because I wanted war to happen.
    6) Melons then demanded shave was done on MRC with troops home, and demanded we lose 25,000 elites to match the number of elites they lost in their wave. I said no to leets being home.
    7) AFTER we were shaved (with elites out), I received a message saying "Any previous terms are gone. We will renegotiate new terms." I didn't like that very much.
    8) Melons then demanded that they wanted a full fort to rebuild. They were 3 days away from fort, so that meant an extra 6 days of prep. I said no. I would have offered probably 72 hrs at the original time of asking, but I was turned down.
    9) While we were being shaved, Melons were growing. We went from 63k to 60k acres to match them, but at the same time they did that they started growing, eventually growing up to 66k acres.
    10) We were told they would not war us because we had an unfair advantage. We were 3.5% larger NW than them, one prov down, and about a thousand acres down. Irrelevant numbers either way.
    11) Melons continued to refuse to accept responsibility, and refused to negotiate. It was their way or nothing. I, in my opinion, bent over backwards to accommodate and was repeatedly **** on. So I gave them an extra 24 hours and "noticed" them, telling them time of wave and everything.
    12) We full waved. They were tagged hostile the whole time. They hit back a few times, with one of their noobs giving relations for 48 hours, but stopped hitting back. We have been hitting since.

There was a glimmer of hope for a war when I spoke to someone else in their KD. We were coming close to agreeing to give them a rebuild fort and then war after, but he wanted us to stop hitting while he slept. Keeping armies at home for 8-10 hours while a KD I don´t trust has war button on us, with no further deal agreed, and only the suggestion of "I will let you know what our guys think, maybe it´ll be okay" seemed pretty naive, so we did not stop hits. That player woke up, got pissy that hits hadn't stopped, and ended negotiations.

Their LS continues to send weird taunts and refuse to take responsibility, unapologetically telling me that I am ¨not a nice person", which was heartbreaking to hear.

I'm sure Melons LS has their side of the story to tell as well.

Classic war tier drama. Thanks, Melons, for outright breaking a war deal and ****ing with me every step of the way for the last week of negotiations while I tried to fix things and compromise with you. Thanks for destroying our chances of having a fair fight for WW crown. You are super swell guys.

My Raging Clue

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post
    ran out of favours for their signature move, calling in help
    Lol, us? What help have we called in mate? Just making a statement about something doesn't make it true.

Also, the concept of 'signature move' means it's something we do all the time, but I have never once in all the time I have played this game called in outside help, so all good mate.
    Last edited by s0830887; 18-11-2016 at 16:57.

My Raging Clue

Thread Information