Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consistent age lengths

Scribe

Consistent age lengths

I would like to suggest setting ages to a specific length of time here on out, end the game on that date every time, and then put the game on freeze until changes are put out and finalized. Just would be nice to have that downtime, instead of having to log in to where teammates have already resigned themselves to the age being done.

Yeah, problem with that is that time is necessary in between ages to make changes. These changes are not done by robots, they are done by people with lives.

Also, a good way to kill what is left of the player base is to have excessive down time between ages.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWSEI2 View Post
    Yeah, problem with that is that time is necessary in between ages to make changes. These changes are not done by robots, they are done by people with lives.

Also, a good way to kill what is left of the player base is to have excessive down time between ages.
    Most of my age is played on Slack or Whatsapp, so logging in for the sake of logging when you thought the age was going to end a week or so ago gets old age after age. I would argue that ages would be more intense and fun up until the last date if you knew when it was coming, then you and your mates get a good break and plan the next age during the off time.

Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    I would like to suggest setting ages to a specific length of time here on out, end the game on that date every time, and then put the game on freeze until changes are put out and finalized. Just would be nice to have that downtime, instead of having to log in to where teammates have already resigned themselves to the age being done.
    The issue being they are humans, with other jobs and busy life as the rest of us. So I would say its impossible to plan so far ahead. But I dont understand this approach, why give up. Usually you have a weeks or several days at least for the eoa. That should give plenty of time to plan?

Well, generally, the majority of us know when the age is about to end: when Bishop posts potential changes, the end of the age usually follows within roughly 10 days.

If he hasn't posted potential changes, you have no excuse for thinking the age is about to end.

Well, generally, the majority of us know when the age is about to end: when Bishop posts potential changes, the end of the age usually follows within roughly 10 days.

If he hasn't posted potential changes, you have no excuse for thinking the age is about to end.
    Completely wrong. In the recent ages, with few exceptions, changes are posted the last week. For this age finale changes were announced during the 3 days freeze time.

Enthusiast
    Yeah... they used to give us like a week to discuss the changes. Now days it seems like it is only days. And very recently it was after the dang age ended. Seems like this game is taking the back burner in the dev's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Completely wrong. In the recent ages, with few exceptions, changes are posted the last week. For this age finale changes were announced during the 3 days freeze time.
    I said potential changes, not final changes. Learn how to read.

Forum Fanatic
    Until stay with option goes out,you have atleast a week.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

I said potential changes, not final changes. Learn how to read.
    Sorry I meant that the potential changes are posted in the last week of the current age and the finale changes during the freeze time.

Improve your memory.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let's play nice fellas

You'd think after 17 or 18 years of this game, and it's impending death of old age, that by now people would know that the age doesn't end until after certain other things occur. That is my point, one that somehow has been missed, and one that the OP clearly has no clue of.

Play until it is over. It's no different than a sport. We don't choose when it ends. It's end is a result of logistical measures. Any change to that aspect of management would only harm the game and its community (which can't take much more, tbh)

Scribe
    You'd think after 17 or 18 years of this game, and it's impending death of old age, that by now people would know that the age doesn't end until after certain other things occur. That is my point, one that somehow has been missed, and one that the OP clearly has no clue of.

Play until it is over. It's no different than a sport. We don't choose when it ends. It's end is a result of logistical measures. Any change to that aspect of management would only harm the game and its community (which can't take much more, tbh)
    Technically most sports have clocks you can watch run out and the game ends ;) ... And sure if we were casual players too then no big deal, but sometimes you can get a little burnt out from being so hardcore with no end in sight

Quote Originally Posted by natebane View Post
    Technically most sports have clocks you can watch run out and the game ends ;) ... And sure if we were casual players too then no big deal, but sometimes you can get a little burnt out from being so hardcore with no end in sight
    In football, the play isn't over until the whistle is blown. Different perspectives.

Enthusiast
    Surely this Age cant last too much longer ... i think the idea of a set Age length seems logical, but it also relies on RL factors of those who run the game. I am all for such long Ages.
    Live long and prosper

Thread Information