Thread: Exploring

Postaholic

Exploring

Just a thought:

1) What happens if exploring is taken out of game? And let say the daily free acres increase to 10 acres, or even 10 acres every 12h

2) The 12h no log in bonus and the 24h no log in bonus- still feasible?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    With no exploring, TMs are gone.

Also, the top can't pull away as fast so there'd be a lot of carnage

Forum Fanatic
    The game needs hits, thats people logging in.In the old days the game had to many people so they used the log out bonus to help the servers.now its just the opposite.Hits equal advertising opertunities

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Will this make the game more competitive or will make game more dull as exploring is also a form of strategy. Like explore prior war to gain econ or explore timely to have super big province

Post Fiend
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...h-tier-compete

My idea that includes the removal of exploring. Suggested it be tried out on test server or something first ofc - bigly changes!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

t/m's would still exist every ghetto would suck !@#$@! while fearies/elfs/halfers re-whore after every war in "decent" kds. then each kd sits and waits for the t/m's to pump.

Scribe
    if that happened we'd all just have to adjust to it like we do all other changes. But why you would want to cut into someone else's playing style is beyond me. Part of the beauty of Utopia is that there are so many options of play, each with plenty room for strategy.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    t/m's would still exist every ghetto would suck !@#$@! while fearies/elfs/halfers re-whore after every war in "decent" kds. then each kd sits and waits for the t/m's to pump.
    or it forces hybrids to be used more and not so much of the pure defensively oriented tm's we see now...ones who sit and pumped would be farmed pretty regularly i would imagine
    -Gurch

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    or it forces hybrids to be used more and not so much of the pure defensively oriented tm's we see now...ones who sit and pumped would be farmed pretty regularly i would imagine
    only thing it stops is elf pure t/m halfer+feary use leets as def so they'd just semi suicide to grow using leets

No explore pool? So unlimited dice? Sounds pretty good. Would prefer a little explore pool just to create cows, but unlimited dice would make the gap from whore to war bigger so maybe the warring tier would cry less.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    Just a thought:

1) What happens if exploring is taken out of game? And let say the daily free acres increase to 10 acres, or even 10 acres every 12h

2) The 12h no log in bonus and the 24h no log in bonus- still feasible?
    I think some of us would have more fun than others.

Acre quality would be interesting, say in world not unlike ours. Good farm land vs bad, good mojo acres(stonehenge, valley of the kings) for guilds/dens/towers, best party acres for universities. Exploring drift ice would be way cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    No explore pool? So unlimited dice? Sounds pretty good. Would prefer a little explore pool just to create cows, but unlimited dice would make the gap from whore to war bigger so maybe the warring tier would cry less.
    No dice also. Only way to grow is to hit on another player. Or perhaps through war win beside depending on the daily free acres.

It is like fight at what you have and fight for what you need. Kinda barbaric.

No dice also. Only way to grow is to hit on another player. Or perhaps through war win beside depending on the daily free acres.

It is like fight at what you have and fight for what you need. Kinda barbaric.
    You don't want a bunch of nerds hitting on a bunch of other nerds.

You'd see a lot of people resetting provs since median would sit around 400 + days*5 until the reset provs acres increased it. People wouldn't like being sub 400, and the warring tier would cry even more than they currently do.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    You don't want a bunch of nerds hitting on a bunch of other nerds.

You'd see a lot of people resetting provs since median would sit around 400 + days*5 until the reset provs acres increased it. People wouldn't like being sub 400, and the warring tier would cry even more than they currently do.
    hmmm...reset brings in revenue.

hmmm...reset brings in revenue.
    Pay 2 win though...

Thread Information