Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Winners' List

Strategy Moderator
    Palem, I do get your point, and I'm not trying to take away from any semi legitimate WoL kingdom that worked hard to achieve their goal.

If you're counting NBA championships, you don't count the Olympics. If you're counting Division I football championships, you don't count Division II. If you're counting World Series winners, you don't count minor league champions. If you're counting English Premier league champions, you don't count the lower tier champions. If you're counting NFL superbowl champions, you don't count all the college football bowl winners. If you're counting competitive server Utopia champions, you don't count the non competitive WoL crowns. They have their own list for that, just like the Olympics, Division II or III college football, or the minor league baseball divisions have their own lists.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be counted, just not counted together since as you agree, they were different.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The difference is that both were working, under the exact same rules and mechanics, to achieve the same goals. They both worked to crown. On one server this was easier than the other server, but they still worked to achieve the same goal.

If you wanted to call it the "best kingdom per age" chart and use the land crown winners each age and exclusively use the BF charts over the WoL charts, the only arguing you might run into would be the triple crowns vs BF land crown winner, but even that's a reach.

Tldr: you can't call something a "crown list" then ignore perfectly legitimate crowns because you didn't like how they were won (on a less competitive server).

Strategy Moderator
    Call one a "competitive crown list", and then have another list called the "inclusive crown list." Include genesis crowns too on the inclusive crown list. Genesis generally had the same rules (a half age ahead of the other servers) and players and kingdoms certainly competed on it for the top. I think province wise, Genesis was probably the most fairly competitive server during that period.

Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Just because the American League is easier than the national league doesn't mean AL pennants don't count.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

After careful consideration of the points you've all raised, I have concluded that absolutely zero concessions will be made. Thank you for your valuable input everybody!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Yay! We mustn't tarnish the good name.

Regular
    ned to know the all time best playr

cant b the rock

That would undoubtedly be TheMango aka phiwha with his 34 crowns! (I may be overlooking a couple)

Last edited by octobrev; 04-12-2016 at 17:46.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

But is Mango really the best players, a prov land crown is so much more than just the single player. Its a lot of a kd effort as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But is Mango really the best players, a prov land crown is so much more than just the single player. Its a lot of a kd effort as well!
    He is the best player at crowning. TheMango is a joy to play with. #BringBackMango

Strategy Moderator
    Meaningless total if it includes minor league wins.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Meaningless total if it includes minor league wins.

Strategy Moderator
    He'd probably still be around the top even with a legit total. Just saying it's meaningless to count minor league crowns the same as major league ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    He'd probably still be around the top even with a legit total. Just saying it's meaningless to count minor league crowns the same as major league ones.
    Don't hate the American League #VerlanderWasRobbed

Thread Information