Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Winners' List

Needs to get out more
    Crown count is the byproduct evidence of good play. BoH makes a decent point insofar as competition. It is yet to be proven that higher caliber competition guarantees higher caliber winners. College sports, for example, prove one can take the high road or the low road and achieve the same goal.

I'm a fan of the Michigan State basketball schedule but that doesn't guarantee greatness. It means we can respect them for their standards.

Emeriti has proven as a collective to be an excellent kingdom; perhaps the most formidable kingdom since AMA. Sadly, Emeriti hasn't had the competetive surroundings to conclusively prove their dynasty. The victories against BB were fair at first glance, but I'm not sure how committed BB was, now that we see an apparent decline.

We honestly owe Emeriti a competetive environment, but I'm not sure we have the guys to knuckle down. Personally I've gotten along fine in any Emeriti encounters, so I have no motive to pursue them. I'm sure some of you do. Go make the game fun for yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    StratO, I agree that competition as dropped in recent ages however I think that competition differences between ages and competition differences between the competitive and the casual server are two very different things. Crown count certainly has some correlation with good play, however it's not the only measure and probably not even the best measure (although it is perhaps the most simple measure.)

As for Phiwha, I have never played with him, but my understanding is that he is a good competent province player and kingdom mate. I am sure he also has some leadership competency from his years of top kingdom experience, however I haven't really heard of that being one of his strong suits (and I have heard from some in his kingdoms that it specifically was not.)

Any good province player that can get along with others can get a spot in any top kingdom they choose. My question is then, is Phiwha's crown count related to his ability to select the best kingdoms to pick to join, his excellent play bringing crowns to kingdoms that otherwise wouldn't have got them, or simply luck? My thought is that it's primarily due to him picking the right kingdoms to join combined with being a good player to first get into those kingdoms and then help improve them rather than bring them down. Those who know him better than me, feel free to correct my if I'm wrong. =]

I'm confident that if a better player existed, he or she would have collected more crowns.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I believe only the crowns that have been won against the best available competition should count as age wins. Anything different is the same as suggesting honor crowns of today should count the same as land crowns of today. With the current oow honor gains system we have BB winning honor crown last age and CR this age. These KDs chose not to compete against the best KDs and instead fuss around with the lesser (no offense warring tier but it is what it is) competition. You can call it good strategy to crown but if you consciously know someone is better than you and don't even try to beat them I call it cowardice, unambition and lack of strive to become the best of the best. This is also why I present a different measure - actual age "wins".
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    ^ That's what the overall crown is for. I get what these tops "age off" are doing.

Categorizing cowardice(and I'm not defending it) is in the eye of the beholder. In my kingdom I practice restraint as someone who will exchange fire with anyone. I'm not attached to achievement and therefor regard my style as that of korps guys. I play nice, but my sensibilities are parallel.

This means that certain types are prepared to crown at a whim, though perhaps not as palettable to crown navigation as kingdom members. In Pyro, who were in an age off, I had to let go of acres that I would've otherwise fought for. I felt no anguish because these were the silly agreements made. I personally prefer fighting because I enjoy seeing great kingdoms in war.

Other players play for acquisition which can apoear to be cowardice. I understand the differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The overall crown is a joke
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea overall crown is a joke.

Ps what is the overall crown?

some kind of nub list of WW/honor/LAND combined.
    Doesnt make any sense at all really
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Binar sure has changed since he started winning!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I agree with ASF, my interpretation of what he is saying is that only crowns that should count is genesis province count.

it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Crowns is crowns! One is one! Typically, when a player is being recruited into a kingdom, he or she is obligated to present his or her crown count. Like a GPA, it is up to the recruiter to look at their list and make further qualitative assessments inclusive of temporality, rigor, culture, etc. This way all of the potential end users can be supported by the same system.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    some kind of nub list of WW/honor/LAND combined.
    Doesnt make any sense at all really
    That sure sounds an awful lot like the combined chart, which has never claimed to be a crown and is pretty simple in its understanding

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Demon
    How about just pretending it is already newyears, hand papercrowns out to all who want them and end the discussion.

I'm quite sure that there was some sort of choice for lesser kd's to opt to go to the battlefield server, I went there on my second age with a no name ghetto that was most likely not in the better half of the server, happened to join up with a few casual t50 kd's after that, but I think it was still debated wether or not we should opt to be there, few did so that just ment if you opted to stay and was not all trash you could do so. A pity I could not locate my very first kd to prove my point, I think it was called "Love and Peace" and that I was running elf/freak with rainbow strat under the name Madchese (cause I was crap at english then and mannaged to misspell it) it was probably arround age 16 or 17 in the fall of 2001 I joined.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Strategy Moderator
    Not that I remember Madchess.

Vir = all time greatest province player based on the new flawless Genesis crowns metric?

Post Demon
    Are there even a crown list for genesis? those was never recorded by the game as far as I know was fun thougth to compete on even footing althougth some top provinces I ran into clearly was multying, some got more lucky than I and had multiple big provinces where I usually ended up with 50% of kd nw or more towards the end of the age, those was interesting 1 vs 1 or 1 vs many fights. The Wol server of today simply have no room for solo play for the top 100 as everyone who is not in the selected few kd's get farmed out of the top.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Thread Information