Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote Recount (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    There are around 12 million illegal immigrants in the USA. Conservative estimate is 25% of the 12 million voted. Realistically 50 to 75% of them voted in this election. I guarantee they didn't vote for Trump. So yeah Trump won the popular vote.
    What? The numbers I am seeing is a 3 million claim. You know where this claim stems from? A tweet. No one knows where this guy even got his numbers. Basically, it's not to be believed. Twitter and facebook are not good news sources. Pretty dang silly to think so many voted without detection and it is a claim that has been used over and over again and has shown very little validity.
    Accoding to Trump the Mexican people love him...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    What? The numbers I am seeing is a 3 million claim. You know where this claim stems from? A tweet. No one knows where this guy even got his numbers. Basically, it's not to be believed. Twitter and facebook are not good news sources. Pretty dang silly to think so many voted without detection and it is a claim that has been used over and over again and has shown very little validity.
    Accoding to Trump the Mexican people love him...
    Many counties and states do not require any form of ID. They just let you vote without any requirements. Secondly it's pretty silly to think illegals wouldn't vote against a man whose whole platform was deporting them and building a wall. So what's more believeable when you know those two facts. Voting or not voting. As for validation from who? Our corrupt government or the corrupt media?

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:06.

Regular
    Many counties and states do not require any form of ID. They just let you vote without any requirements. Secondly it's pretty silly to think illegals wouldn't vote against a man whose whole platform was deporting them and building a wall. So what's more believeable when you know those two facts. Voting or not voting. As for validation from who? Our corrupt government or the corrupt media?
    The ONLY thing voter ID effects is in-person voting. Thats it. There never been much in the way of in-person voter fraud ever. Study after study shows this to be the case.
    What voter ID does do is it requires you to purchase a government ID. I thought you republicans were against big brother intrusions?
    I was just repeating what our president elect claimed... Lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    The ONLY thing voter ID effects is in-person voting. Thats it. There never been much in the way of in-person voter fraud ever. Study after study shows this to be the case.
    What voter ID does do is it requires you to purchase a government ID. I thought you republicans were against big brother intrusions?
    I was just repeating what our president elect claimed... Lol.
    Completely false a government id card is free. Also yes in person is when you use a id card. Why couldn't I just walk in and vote if I was a illegal immigrant? What would stop me? I live a rural area and illegals try and vote every year but you have to show your driver's license plus register ahead of time. So they get turned away every time. But they steal the jobs from locals, working mainly for big corporate farms who are squeezing the little farmers out. Why do you think no president has touched immigration. They would hate for the big corporations to lose their slave labor.

Completely false a government id card is free. Also yes in person is when you use a id card. Why couldn't I just walk in and vote if I was a illegal immigrant? What would stop me? I live a rural area and illegals try and vote every year but you have to show your driver's license plus register ahead of time. So they get turned away every time. But they steal the jobs from locals, working mainly for big corporate farms who are squeezing the little farmers out. Why do you think no president has touched immigration. They would hate for the big corporations to lose their slave labor.
    The Social Security office is very strict about residency status. You must be citizen, legal resident with a visa, or have a work permit from ICE to get a social security card.
    Last edited by brandonc204; 05-10-2018 at 16:33.

Regular
    Not really. A study done on this showed a average cost in documentation and time to be about $75-$100 and it costs 10's of millions per state to provide these ID's. 100's of millions nationally. All of this for a scare tactic that has been used and beaten to death over and over again and has never showed much merit.
    Umm.. The little farmer is the guy hiring the illegals. Giant corporations just get their cheap labor in different countries. Most illegals work in farming and construction.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    The extremely rural states like Wyoming have a minimum number of electors mandated by the constitution because if they were held to the same standard as California they would have zero electoral votes. There is no way to make the system completely fair in a country where the largest state has 65 times the population of the smallest.

The USA has never been a democracy. True democracy doesn't work. Otherwise we would just text vote our opinions to the government for everything.

The electoral college will, most likely, not change in our lifetime. 2/3 of the states would have to approve a change to the constitution. All of the lower population states will say no, because they will lose some major influence at the national level.
    Agree. But states can split their electoral votes. In Maine the popular vote winner gets 2 votes and each district gets 1 vote for their popular vote winner for their 4 total votes.
    Seems more of a representitive government to me...

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:06.

Regular
    Yes, this would be nice to see. Completely disastrous for some of the big states though :D Could you imagine New York City not dominating all the electoral votes from New York. They would lose their damn minds.
    Either way it forces the parties to campaign in areas they normally wouldn't as it puts more in play. You may get more republican votes in the cities but at the same time it puts many more democratic votes in red states in play as well. Many of these red states had 40%+ democrat vote that all went to republicans.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There are around 12 million illegal immigrants in the USA. Conservative estimate is 25% of the 12 million voted. Realistically 50 to 75% of them voted in this election. I guarantee they didn't vote for Trump. So yeah Trump won the popular vote.
    100% of those numbers are made up.

The extremely rural states like Wyoming have a minimum number of electors mandated by the constitution because if they were held to the same standard as California they would have zero electoral votes. There is no way to make the system completely fair in a country where the largest state has 65 times the population of the smallest.
    Give Wyoming 1 electoral vote. Give California 65. See, fair. Or just abolish the whole thing and everyone's vote counts as 1 vote. Also fair.

The rest of what you've said I didn't even make a comment about other than abolishing the electoral college being a pipe dream, which I already know.

Completely false a government id card is free.
    As someone that didn't get their licence until they were 25, I can assure you state IDs are not free.

You just asked why you couldn't vote as an illegal and then explained how illegals try to vote every year and get turned away lol

Show me the numbers please, I am sure you wouldnt just talk out of your arse right you have actual numbers that back up your claims right?

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:14.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Show me the numbers please, I am sure you wouldnt just talk out of your arse right you have actual numbers that back up your claims right?
    https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2.../cps-2013.html

Also, farmers are not the only ones that hire illegal immigrants...the Turkey plant right across the street from us recently had an ICE raid and had about 50 employees carted away. There was a plant in Illinois that got in trouble for the same thing...

Post Fiend
    ...plus register ahead of time.
    That's about the only fact you've gotten right.

You need to register. And registration requires citizenship. As a non-US citizen, I can't just walk into a government office in the US and get myself on the voters list. Doesn't work that way. In order for me to vote in an election, I'd actually need to impersonate a specific registered voter. Odds are decent that the individual I'm impersonating either will have voted already, or will show up afterwards. Either way, that creates an irregularity that would get noticed. If any substantial number of people were engaging in such impersonations, the *majority* of them would appear to have 'voted twice', and that would create a visible trend of irregularities.

It doesn't happen. There might be a handful of such fraudulent votes in any given election, but there's no evidence to suggest any widespread fraud - and if there were widespread fraud of such a nature, there *would* be evidence of it.

Thread Information